Do Monks At 90 Even Use Footwork Anymore?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Monk » Do Monks at 90 even use Footwork anymore?
Do Monks at 90 even use Footwork anymore?
 Bahamut.Bojack
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Bojack316
By Bahamut.Bojack 2011-05-12 11:38:49  
Just curious leveling Monk now. At 70 atm, got BB items waiting, and I have my 30 Coins to make Rev. Fists +2. Is there any reason I will ever use Footwork at 90?
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2011-05-12 11:40:52  
No.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Julio
サーバ: Siren
user: Julio
By Siren.Julio 2011-05-12 11:42:17  
I have a pair of Ursine Claws +2 (OA2-4) which I use for proccing blue !!. In my eyeballed experience the time to 100 TP under footwork with this weapon is about equal to just punching things. The TP return while under footwork is a bit higher, which makes footwork useful.

Other than that I can't think of a compelling reason to use footwork at the moment.
 Lakshmi.Sake
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Sekaran
By Lakshmi.Sake 2011-05-12 11:44:29  
No.
 Sylph.Krsone
サーバ: Sylph
user: Basilo
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-12 11:45:50  
Some enemies you may want to kill slower or feed less tp without turning away from them unless you wanna cancel counterstance, footwork is somewhat useful for that. Then once its proc'd you'll have the tp to ws. Some really weak nms like say Bakka at 90 I didnt actually use footwork myself but I only just fitted all 5 h2h ws in before it died partly because of on and off amnesia but had I used footwork from the start It would of been much more likely I proc'd blue before killing it.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Bossmaru
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Bossmaru 2011-05-12 11:46:29  
I don't have Ascetic's Fury yet (ugh, I know,) so sometimes I'll use Footwork and do Dragon Kick over Asuran Fists and usually it's good/higher damage than my Asuran Fists, but I'm just a Tarutaru, and my MNK isn't that greatly geared anyway. I don't know, up to you I suppose, can play around with it later if you want.
[+]
 Siren.Kyte
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Kyte 2011-05-12 11:47:58  
If you don't have Vsmite or Ascetic's, use Backhand Blow.

Also: Why are you using Dragon Kick over Tornado Kick?
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-05-12 11:48:34  
you might want to play with bhb until afury

edit: ***, beaten
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-12 11:49:16  
Quetzalcoatl.Bossmaru said:
I don't have Ascetic's Fury yet (ugh, I know,) so sometimes I'll use Footwork and do Dragon Kick over Asuran Fists and usually it's good/higher damage than my Asuran Fists, but I'm just a Tarutaru, and my MNK isn't that greatly geared anyway. I don't know, up to you I suppose, can play around with it later if you want.

Footwork like that is what alot of monks used to do at mamool camp save it for the lurkers and footwork dragon kick it. Then Kyosho Kyahan came out and I used to just footwork > asuran fists them then cancel footwork.
 Diabolos.Kiddo
サーバ: Diabolos
user: BKiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-05-12 11:51:54  
Hey so I don't think its part of the JA, but has anyone else noticed reduced emnity gain with footwork up? is this purely due to lower DoT?
have always been curious what the math guys/knowitalls think about this, or if I'm just high.

PS. Thanks for taking my name away siren! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

I'm "Mosin" now ; ;
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-05-12 11:52:31  
Siren.Kyte said:
If you don't have Vsmite or Ascetic's, use Backhand Blow.

Also: Why are you using Dragon Kick over Tornado Kick?

^ Tornado Kick will always do more, at least from my experience as a MNK rocking awesome pink.
[+]
 Sylph.Krsone
By Sylph.Krsone 2011-05-12 11:58:40  
Diabolos.Kiddo said:
Hey so I don't think its part of the JA, but has anyone else noticed reduced emnity gain with footwork up? is this purely due to lower DoT?
have always been curious what the math guys/knowitalls think about this, or if I'm just high.

PS. Thanks for taking my name away siren! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU

I'm "Mosin" now ; ;

Lower dot.
 Diabolos.Kiddo
サーバ: Diabolos
user: BKiddo
By Diabolos.Kiddo 2011-05-12 12:02:04  
Sylph.Krsone said:
Diabolos.Kiddo said:
Hey so I don't think its part of the JA, but has anyone else noticed reduced emnity gain with footwork up? is this purely due to lower DoT? have always been curious what the math guys/knowitalls think about this, or if I'm just high. PS. Thanks for taking my name away siren! FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU I'm "Mosin" now ; ;
Lower dot.

I had suspected that. Thank you sir.
 Ragnarok.Ashman
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Ashman
By Ragnarok.Ashman 2011-05-12 12:03:31  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
A full-timed Footwork MNK in this: won against a Ukonvasara WAR in parse yo.
fixed. your link didn't work for me :x
 Ifrit.Arawn
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Arawn
By Ifrit.Arawn 2011-05-12 12:06:27  
I used footwork the other day outside of abyssea. The damage spikes from it are higher and the TP gain is as well. Of course I don't have the empyrean yet so I can't compare the damage of that with my footwork weaponskills, but my kicking weaponskills were spiking as high as 2400 and very rarely did less than 1200. Nothing amazing but still not laughable outside of abyssea.
[+]
 Shiva.Lacas
サーバ: Shiva
user: Rakasu
By Shiva.Lacas 2011-05-12 12:22:14  
Footwork MNK's aren't bad damage-wise (footwork MNK here but I mostly solo/lowman so the lower tp feed suits me more) but there are weapons which allow higher damage using fists overall such as the Rev Fists you are preparing.