New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » COR Gear help
COR Gear help
 Sylph.Kimble
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 20:41:14  
Recently taking my cor back up after finishing Armageddon. Need a little help with mostly TP sets as I might have overlooked some stuff that has been added.

TP:

Quick Draw:

Wildfire:

Using /SAM for 5 hit. Looking to get a Reaver Grip +1 and just going to use whatever before then.

Not sure if there is a better hat to use (I hope so, that hat is ugly, lol) and will get a clearview earring to replace vision earring Not sure if there is better hands to use, I do have +2 af3 hands and relic hands that have snapshot.
 Shiva.Xet
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2011-05-09 20:52:26  
Looks Good. I usually use full EAF/+2 for tp (2/4 cards for finishing hands). Also your wf belt doesnt exist on Shiva. Can probably lose the vision earring and get Cor Acc or Clearview and get Libiccos for back.

Iono if i am Right here but EAF+2 legs maybe better for WF also (is use them) for the same reason Sveltesse is better then Aquiline.

Dont WF is Steel Bullets :D

Edit: Didnt see end of your post >.>
 Asura.Antaress
サーバ: Asura
user: Antaress
By Asura.Antaress 2011-05-09 20:55:45  
Could be helpful for you!
 Gilgamesh.Kudos
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kudos
By Gilgamesh.Kudos 2011-05-09 20:56:29  
Ambusher's Hose for your Wildfire set. Also, Genesis-locket, which was just listed in the update can replace your Navarch's Choker. (I'm assuming you don't use Ugg. Pendant cause you don't want to mess with the latent?)
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 20:58:11  
Ope, steel bullet was a mistake, lol. Plan to wildfire in bronze or regular bullets, tp in steel and looking for an oberon bullet(sp) quick draw.

Planning to get Ambusher legs for wildfire set.

Totally forgot I have Navarch earring so yeah, ill use that instead.

I have Libiccos but figured snapshot was generally better.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-09 21:03:28  
Not using Ugg atm cause I sold it long ago and none up on the server. Going to buy one as soon as I see it as I assume I can just cancel the MP buff in abyssea to get latent to work (6/6 merit abyssites)
 Shiva.Xet
サーバ: Shiva
user: Xet
By Shiva.Xet 2011-05-09 21:03:44  
This is what I use atm for ws/tp I need to update myself.

TP

WF

I should really use AF+1 feet for tp etc.
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-05-09 23:23:17  
You can reach 5 hit without /SAM.

For TP set:
Besides clearview earring, you can use WoTG earring with regain and rattk+4 augment, so you can remove some of the weaker TP piece such as rajas and still keep your x-hit.

Replace AF1+1 feet with Praeda if you need racc, or Gules leggings+1 if you don't need racc(you most likely won't need racc nowadays) STP on Gules leggings+1 also help your x-hit.

Impulse belt and Navarch's mantle is snapshot macro.

This is what I use currently for ranged 5 hit without /SAM

And Snapshot macro

It's not perfect, still has some stuff to work on here and there though....

For QD set:
Don't QD in Omega ring, QD in STP rings or Demon ring with MAB augment. Replace your hands with +2(if you want best dmg) or legs with +2(if you want to focus on TP gain after QD) so you have 2 +2 pieces for set bonus QD dmg x3.
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2011-05-10 03:39:13  
If not /sam what other sub would you use? Still dont really see a reason for /NIN but seems a lot still use that
 Ragnarok.Afania
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Afania
By Ragnarok.Afania 2011-05-10 04:15:55  
Sylph.Kimble said:
If not /sam what other sub would you use? Still dont really see a reason for /NIN but seems a lot still use that

I didn't ask you not to /SAM XD Just saying that you can reach 5 hit without /SAM if you want to XD

I /SAM /RDM /WAR /DNC most of the time depending on what I'm doing and what's the main WS I'm using. And sometimes /SCH /WHM if extra white magic helps the pt. I rarely /RNG these days since racc is no longer an issue.

/NIN is probably good for Evi spam in Abyssea when shadows are needed. But I'm not a big fan of /NIN and rarely use it unless I really really need shadows XD