How Did You Merit Bard?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » How did you merit Bard?
How did you merit Bard?
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-24 23:29:33  
So I'm just about finished meriting BRD and this is how I've done my merits.

8/8 Singing
8/8 Wind

(When I level WHM I'll be removing 8 out of wind and putting it into healing, I might even move 8 singing out as skill is less necessary these days)

5/5 Nightingale
5/5 Troubadour

(Having 5/5 Night and Troub is handy as hell with Tenuto + Ballad combos. Adventurer's Dirge and Foe Sirvente were incredibly limited @ 75 and even more now)

5/5 Lullaby Recast
5/5 Finale Recast

(Lullaby is less useful now that we essentially have 3 really potent sleeps, but it might come in useful. Finale is useful and fast, I haven't used Madrigal, Minuet or Minne for a long *** time, they are pointless and when you do use them the small increase you achieve from meriting them isn't important at all. Please let us merit March SE, even though that wouldn't be that great anymore)

So is that about right? I'm pretty sure it's good enough.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-04-24 23:35:45  
5/5 Nightingale
5/5 Troubadour

5/5 Lullaby Recast
5/5 Finale Recast

you are fine
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-24 23:36:35  
personally i'd do minuet and finale. minuets are still useful for rangers, and also used in zergs. i also wouldn't really bother with meriting healing skill.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-04-24 23:39:27  
5/5 Troub/Night
5/5 Minuet
5/5 Finale

Originally had Lullaby in place of Minuet, but changed what with third sleep spell now.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-04-24 23:41:15  
Ah ok cheers, I'll look into Minuet.
 Leviathan.Alkalinejoe
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Alkalinejoe 2011-04-24 23:59:04  
5/5 Lullaby
5/5 Minuet

5/5 Troub and Night.

Probably could do without the Lullaby, those were added when I was a merit party brd. :x
 Unicorn.Tarowyn
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Tarowyn
By Unicorn.Tarowyn 2011-04-25 00:13:13  
Not as though merits are hard to get or anything, but why not just wait 2 weeks for the version update when we get 24 magic skill merits? Though healing skill sucks anyways, enfeebling at least has some usage.
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-25 00:27:10  
I don't know if there's some huge amount of mobs that are resistant to dark magic dispel in abyssea. If there are and you're likely to be the only brd then maybe I'd go finale.

If not, there's no reason to finale. Rdm and sch can do it just fine. Id say just do 5 min 5 mad, because I'm sure there's still some instances where you'll need brd rotation at some point, if only outside abyssea. Having a buffed mad is actually pretty sick.
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-04-25 00:39:43  
i'm not sure why you'd need more than one bard in abyssea for any single thing in abyssea to begin with, so being the only brd is a pretty common scenario. a few mobs like flayers, lord varney, and possibly cerbs seem to resist dark-based dispel (although cerbs might also resist finale).

also since you mentioned abyssea, rdm and sch aren't used that often, at least in lowman groups. whm (or blm) can dispel /sch or /rdm if they don't need to be constantly spamming cures, but it can be annoying if you have to stay in addendum: black. also, while mad is used in some brd rotations, i'm not sure you'd really benefit much from the extra acc from merits.
 Cerberus.Eugene
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Eugene
By Cerberus.Eugene 2011-04-25 00:49:13  
Yeah, you're probably right that the additional merited acc isn't as big a deal now. I guess things have changed much
 Bahamut.Kara
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-04-28 03:17:34  
I used to have 5/5 in madrigal 5/5 minuet, but madrigal is just really not needed anymore. I changed out madrigal for finale because while RDM, SCH and /rdm get dispel some monsters in the new areas put on tons of buffs and every little bit helps. Then there are the black pixies which resist dispel (if I'm remembering correctly) so finale is very helpful there.

5/5 in Troubadour and Nightingale I like a lot. This lets me through on some songs and then pull a lot of monsters or focus more on healing during a NM fight rather than re-applying songs every 2 minutes.
 Alexander.Msthief
サーバ: Alexander
user: Msthief87
By Alexander.Msthief 2011-04-28 03:27:10  
Ramuh.Lorzy said:
i also wouldn't really bother with meriting healing skill.

My pound for pound, healing skill is one of the least efficient merits you can make. You'd be MUCH better off meriting enhancing.
 Bahamut.Weasel
user: Weasel
By Bahamut.Weasel 2011-04-28 13:53:46  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
(When I level WHM I'll be removing 8 out of wind and putting it into healing, I might even move 8 singing out as skill is less necessary these days)

If we get another March with a higher skill requirement to cap haste, those will be nice to keep, especially for career Bards. Also bear in mind that we're getting 8 more merits in this category with the changes coming down the line.