users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Fire Resist @ Level 90
Fire Resist @ Level 90
 Sylph.Quiznor
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-18 07:34:30  
So I was looking through the forums (gasp,someone who can use the search function) and came across a few decent threads with fire resist builds in them but they werre all built for level 75 cap,what I'm wondering is if anyone has a good setup for our level 90 capped game.

And this is without atmas so dont add any resists from that in.Gear choices only is what I'm thinking.

Any help?
 Bismarck.Rinkydink
サーバ: Bismarck
user: rinkydink
By Bismarck.Rinkydink 2011-04-18 07:42:36  
http://www.ffxiah.com/search/item?stat[]=52

is your best bet. not sure anyone has built a proper set due to the lack of need for it these days. but search on fire resist gear here and play on your own i guess
 Fenrir.Curty
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Curty
By Fenrir.Curty 2011-04-18 07:44:37  
75 gear set + Fire Sachet. Only other upgrades really are Vulcan's Earring but pretty minimal increases.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-04-18 07:44:48  
The reason they are only for 75 is because the point of a element resist set is to get so much... approximate amounts for lvl 75 content were know. Now not so much.

Also pld doesn't tank anymore... and alot of times tanks could just idle in the resist sets before to make sure they didn't miss a move/spell since alot are fairly fast and not everyone hovers over there maccros for the entire fight

Also for pld the only 76+ peices I can find that beat old gear are Argos Shield Flame Sachet and Vulcan's Pearl.

There is also no need for one since none of the fire moves are all that scary really. And don't really have to worry about minimizing dmg to keep mp...
 Sylph.Quiznor
サーバ: Sylph
user: Quiznor
By Sylph.Quiznor 2011-04-18 07:52:23  
Fenrir.Curty said:
75 gear set + Fire Sachet. Only other upgrades really are Vulcan's Earring but pretty minimal increases.

Thats pretty much what I'd noticed myself but was hoping I had missed something important that someone else had seen.
 Bismarck.Altar
サーバ: Bismarck
user: altar1
By Bismarck.Altar 2011-04-18 07:52:49  
Sachet and Argos Shield are the only worthwhile changes to fire resist sets.
For earth resist you can also get some pretty nice augmented hairpins.