users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Crafter's Crib » Clothcraft » 99 Clothcraft
99 Clothcraft
 Diabolos.Holland
サーバ: Diabolos
Game: FFXI
user: Holland
By Diabolos.Holland 2009-03-20 06:04:21  
Is Clothcraft all its cut out to be at 99? Tier 1 on Prism Capes, Tier 2 Umbra Capes, Ect.. It just doesn't seem like there is much to make. Is it reliant on HQing Tier 0 Blessed/Cursed? Do you need 100 to do the Blessed sufficently(Big diferance in break amounts?). I am just hoping this wasn't a waste of my gil...Ive seen losts of 100Clothcraft with lots of gil, but I just don't see how they are making it now.
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-20 06:10:17  
Baron's Gear has a fairly good profit margin, and it's a low level synth so HQ'ing seems to be a higher probability^^. Just don't flood the market and you can slowly accumulate wealth!
 Remora.Hatcher
サーバ: Remora
user: hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-03-20 06:18:38  
rainbow thread / cloth is always a money maker if you farm your own webs!!

Also look at things like red cape +1

Barons if you got the subs is nice.

Devotee's mitts +1

I only make the cursed and high lvl armor when people ask me for it.

Oh and blue cape+1 is also worth a look
 Diabolos.Holland
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Holland
By Diabolos.Holland 2009-03-20 06:45:55  
I was not looking so much for what I can make, but more so what the opinion of the craft is through other people at 99. Are you making just enough, loads of profit, ect..?
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-03-20 07:10:07  
Well, Cloth 48 here, so I'm looking for opinons too \(^.^)/
 Remora.Hatcher
サーバ: Remora
user: hatcher
By Remora.Hatcher 2009-03-20 08:25:03  
I am 100 bone, 98 cloth, 95 alchemy and 87.5 woodworking...

yes i know i am a sucker for punishment!!

But in my opinion my cloths greatest use and profit comes from farming spider webs and turning it into rainbow thread.

But to be honest, cloth to me was a total gil sink and i really got no idea how long it will take me to get back the gil spent in getting to lvl 98. and i look at my options to get it to 100 and die a little inside.

Edit: and no, not rolling in gil, but thats because i don't throw millions at the hope of cursed gear -1 or watever.
 Lakshmi.Jenice
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jenice
By Lakshmi.Jenice 2009-04-02 13:13:57  
Having been at Clothcraft 90 since 2007.12.06, I can say I've probably gotten more raw gil from reraise earrings and some solid synths I went through while leveling subs. Above 90, some of the following changes a lot.

Some things I think Clothcraft really has going for it:

Well spaced [in terms of skill ranges] and numerous material synths
Compared to Smithing/Goldsmithing, Cloth has a lot more material synths that tend to be profitable, rather than a high number of finished product synths. Before 90, I don't think I used 10 synths that weren't materials or finished products, and half of those were still at least break even synths.

Fewer skillup items completely devalued by people shooting for an HQ
Cloth doesn't have the +1 material synths like Goldsmithing does, so you're a lot less likely to deplete your bank account through loss synths.

The profit is sometimes small compared to other crafts, but it's consistent
The thread and cloth synths are proven winners, particularly if you have the space to sell singles rather than full stacks.
 Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Eternaltriumph 2009-04-02 13:17:00  
Well...CC back in the day used to be retardedly good at gil recovery. Vir/Femina subligar desynths net three cashmere clothes, which at the time were about 9m a pop. Turned 8mil into 27mil in one craft...><

Not sure if it's any good today though, especially since it has a 40%~ failure rate.
 Kujata.Houshisama
サーバ: Kujata
By Kujata.Houshisama 2009-04-02 13:24:34  
ive been stuck at 90 clothcraft for a long time, and as far as i can tell, getting it higher just isnt worth it
 Valefor.Houppelande
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Houppelande 2009-04-02 13:27:29  
Hatcher said:
rainbow thread / cloth is always a money maker if you farm your own webs!!

I have to agree with Hatcher . . .

The drop rate of Spider Webs in Bhaf Thi is actually pretty decent, especially with TH.

These days I mainly craft for my friends or /random shouters offering rewards. ^^;