Skill Up Guide?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » Skill up Guide?
Skill up Guide?
 Bismarck.Robbyodom
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
By Bismarck.Robbyodom 2011-03-11 09:33:17  
Anyone got a skill up guide? i got sword at 280 and magics in the 200s i need to skill up.
By Ashaaman 2011-03-11 09:50:04  
What job?

Edit: Nevermind, checked your profile, probably for RDM. For your sword, go to Misa, put on regen/defense atma, put up retaliation and defender, and pull a crab past the pond for heqet.

For magic, find worms in either attowha or la thiene, silence 'em, back away, and just cast whatever it is you need skilled up.

Edit 2: I assume you understand I mean to get on WAR for sword.
 Ifrit.Maddii
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Maddi
By Ifrit.Maddii 2011-03-11 09:57:01  
another thing very comfy thing would be conflux 6 in abyssea ugly range, can fight the raptors there and get the page from the npc for them which is directly nearby. after skill up update can theoretically skill cap there too, though in a party its faster
By keres 2011-03-11 10:02:13  
here is a guide http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Skill_Ups%3A_A_Guide_by_Kyrial
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2011-03-11 10:08:43  
Ha, keres beat me to it. :P I'm always glad to see people do use my guide. <3
[+]
 Fenrir.Skarwind
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Skarwind
By Fenrir.Skarwind 2011-03-11 11:08:22  
Mandys are better for retaliation skill up. Just grab like 6 and spam Sanguine Blade when you get it. Until then..

Regen atmas can hold 2 atleast.
WAR/RDM with PDT Gear/Phalanx/Regen Atmas/Defense food/Defender/Retaliation Completely lowers the amount of damage the midgets do to about 6-10 per hit. Bloom buckler isn't a bad idea either. Like Regen gear would help too.

Or you can sub BLU for Cocoon but hey your call.
 Bahamut.Dannyl
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dannyl
By Bahamut.Dannyl 2011-03-11 11:13:39  
Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial said:
Ha, keres beat me to it. :P I'm always glad to see people do use my guide. <3

Great guide! Ive used it! Especially liked the "Non-damaging spells" SECTION and the section related to those newly 90+ added mobs.

I personally have camped at the Duriumshell's in Vunkerl Inlet (S). Tough cookies!!
[+]
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [50 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Wackatramp
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Wackatramp 2011-04-30 19:24:40  
Not going to lie, my WAR is gimp as ***. I only leveled it because it was 54 and I needed a job to dump merits into. So I burned the *** to 81. I had saved my seals and already had 2 pieces of +1 gear waiting and the earring, so I figured why not.

Anyways, my Gaxe skill at 81 was....123 maybe. Around there. I grabbed a random abyssea party with the intent of skilling up and even told the leader so. Underskilled or not, you ll always be of more use higher level than 1 of 4 key ***. I went WAR/RNG mainly for the acc. traits. Food, RR and horned beast atmas, haste gear. I also popped stalwart and champion tonic when I had them. I got 50+ skill ups in about an hour and a half on frogs. Worked for me. My best Gaxe WS was Sturmwind, but because I was /RNG, I busted out 1k slugshots when I could. As you skill and get skill, you get less gimp. No ***, right? Just swap out atma and gear as needed to make yourself look a litte better than you were before and you ll be fine.

Im 87 now with 0/20 merits also. By my next party, i should be at gaxe cap. What helped being efficient was the endless amount of curing I got that you can't get solo. Plus the haste helps a lot. I found it efficient regardless, and I ll probably skill up pole, GS and scythe the exact same way. But do wait until your skill is at least 150-175 if you don't have the atma or gear. I was also decked out with +40 acc. Pcharm, lava/kusha, sharpeye mantle? and random other gear.

However, assuming you cant get an abyssea party (lol), wait until martial master is up if you can to save yourself some time and /DNC the entire way. No worries if it's not. Remember FoV regen and protect if needed. S. Champaigne --> Zitah --> Boyhada --> Abyssea. Worked fine for me.

Not really a guide. More a personal style.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [79 days between previous and next post]
By itchi508 2011-07-18 17:56:35  
Skill up guide> 0-100= gustav tunnel (Bune camp) any Mob in the area
100~130ish = West Altep (Beatles> Camp at Mountain in centet of Map)
130~160s= Kuftal >crabs
160~200 Boyahda Tree >Robber crabs
200+ can go upstairs boyahda tree do flys/ crab wich i find dreadfull and slow if your solo.
200~240ish = Vunk (S) > Tigers
240~280s wajaom woodlands > Colbri/ Bees/ Marids. I find Marids Best if you can hang there fast skill ups and long fights. I suggjest sub dancer and just box step the chigoes it will 1 shot them.
Lastly 280+ = *Golems > Uleguerand range (A)~ *Crabs > Vunk (S) or. *Crabs > Grauberg (A)
i find the above listed zone/mobs fastest for skill ups follow this and you could cap skill from 0~300s. In roughly 8hours.
this skill up guide is refering to weapons not Magic / eva/parry/gaurd or shield and time on weapon skill ups may go faster or slower depending on the weapon as dagger is much quicker skill than staff ex... also there s a bit of jumping around but its worth it to move new zone for 30skill ups than to tough it out n slowly continue in the current zone your in. hope this helps enjoy
[+]
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2011-07-18 17:57:34  
Or just buy a lvl 1 <enter weapon type here> afk on a Fort all night and go from like 80 to 200 while sleeping.

Then just lfp on said job and cap it during an xp pt.

I typically try to get my skill cap up to the "good" WS near the 200's..Gekko, Guillotine, Rampage, etc then lfp for abyssea fun.

Don't forget acc gear/food for Forts at first and Saltena is your friend.
 Asura.Bitesized
サーバ: Asura
user: Bitesized
By Asura.Bitesized 2011-07-18 18:19:50  
Use War/Dnc. Get a weapon with weak damage. Go to Tahrongi. Use ducal guard/mounted champion/plaguebringer, use defender, use retaliation, get mandies, and go. Self SC for weapon trials if need be, you will regain TP fast enough with 6-9 mandies and plaguebringer. Use waltzes to heal yourself, if you keep your hp low enough for Ducals guard effect to work, you'll have no problems out healing the damage taken. Use some +hp items to increase the point at which your ducal guard starts working if you feel you need to.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [169 days between previous and next post]
By wklenk89 2012-01-03 22:51:28  
I'd like to add to the Marid party, that if you're main is War, you actually don't need to box step the chigoe as long as you keep retaliate up it should take care of it for you :) Also, I was getting better skillups at each of the locations at lower skill levels, in fact I started Marids at 200 and it was fast skill ups from there.