Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Seha
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-03-10 07:42:27  
From SE forum:

Quote:
We are considering changing the effect granted by the Phantom Roll ability when a player rolls a total of 11.
We would love to get some feedback on this change from all you corsairs. If you have any great ideas, don’t hesitate to post them and discuss them. This feedback will be taken into account when we make our decision.
For these requests, you don’t have to take the current effects of rolling 11 into account. We’d like your ideas on what you think would be cool when hitting that 11.

So basically SE has NO IDEA of what to do.

lol.
[+]
By Wafflechan 2011-03-10 07:54:53  
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
From SE forum:
Quote:
We are considering changing the effect granted by the Phantom Roll ability when a player rolls a total of 11. We would love to get some feedback on this change from all you corsairs. If you have any great ideas, don’t hesitate to post them and discuss them. This feedback will be taken into account when we make our decision. For these requests, you don’t have to take the current effects of rolling 11 into account. We’d like your ideas on what you think would be cool when hitting that 11.
So basically SE has NO IDEA of what to do. lol.
Lol? This is how Diablo 2 made their recent 1.13 update by asking the community their top wish for being implemented or removed, and most of it was fixed based on what player wanted. (WHO REMEMBERS THOSE *** OBLIVION KNIGHTS AND THEIR *** IRON MAIDEN SPAM???)
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-03-10 07:57:57  
Make it so it changes you to a better job.

[+]
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-03-15 16:08:22  
I kinda liked the 10min duration thing they did before...
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-15 16:09:54  
Siren.Froggis said:
I kinda liked the 10min duration thing they did before...

Yeah, what was wrong with that..?

Shiva.Flionheart said:

Corsair is a pretty boss job, especially with Armageddon. Too bad it takes an Empyrean to make them up to their design-concept of Ranged Attacker with Party buff ability.
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-15 16:10:44  
make it so that you get an 11 every time and dont have to waste valuable DPS tiem doubling up and snakeyes and that ***all the time
By Artemicion 2011-03-15 16:16:58  
Hmmm, well their previous change on the rolling 11 thing was somewhat annoying due to the inability to overwrite your initial 11 roll, making your outside purpose more difficult.

IE: Rolling an 11 Evoker's roll really screwed you over on your DPS ability due to not having a second buff available to use your marksmanship with. What would be nifty is to have an 11 roll not so much changed in duration but have it count as a third buff able to stack with the initial two. So if you roll an 11 on something, you can add your second one plus another.

Ent also had a nifty idea of having some sort of "High Stakes" JA that gives an initial number like Wild Card, but 4/6 of those numbers will give a negative effect but two of which will grant the effect with double/triple the potency or something of the like.

Also I haven't thought of the details yet, but I'd also like to see another protection JA similar to Fold but named Insurance since we're looking at gambling terms (just like in Blackjack).

Feel free to take on these innovations and elaborate.
[+]
By Finality 2011-03-15 16:18:07  
Asura.Matzilla said:
make it so that you get an 11 every time and dont have to waste valuable DPS tiem doubling up and snakeyes and that ***all the time

By Artemicion 2011-03-15 16:21:00  
Idea: A job ability that has (up to two) rolls not count as an effect on yourself, so that by buffing your mages, you keep your initial DD rolls or vice versa. COR is really a give and take job. The 10 minute duration thing is great for the entire party, but not so much for the corsair itself as it must keep a cycle going yet focus on DPS as well, unlike BRD.
By Artemicion 2011-03-15 16:24:24  
I'd also love to see a Pianissimo effect JA for Corsair as well.
At least that way a tank can get specific rolls for mitigating damage rather than increasing DPS in sensitive situations, letting everyone have their cake and eat it too.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Gilgamesh.Kudos
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Kudos
By Gilgamesh.Kudos 2011-03-15 16:29:55  
Doesn't brd have some job ability that allows their songs they apply to themselves to not be overwritten by any others they sing after? Can't Cor have something like that?

EDIT: Yes, yes they do. Tenuto.
By Artemicion 2011-03-15 16:32:31  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Artemicion said:
I'd also love to see a Pianissimo effect JA for Corsair as well.

It would not be the same with a 1 minute roll recast.

EDIT: All you need to do is roll on mages then on the melee anyway.

True, the recast is the only real problem with this concept.
However, I would like to see COR be able to utilize buffs more specifically rather than have the curse that bard does of using nothing but march and ballad. Granted, using damage mitigation rolls would require a very sensitive case scenario to warrant using it.
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-03-15 16:33:00  
make it easier to get a luzafs ring >:(
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-15 16:36:49  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Corsair is a pretty boss job, especially with Armageddon. Too bad it takes an Empyrean to make them up to their design-concept of Ranged Attacker with Party buff ability.
It doesn't take an empyrean. It takes a cor who isn't a broke *** crying little pansie. Oh no I can shoot bullets cause they cost gils boohoo. Get over it. Rngs throw actual silver at mobs to kill them you don't here me crying
[+]
By Artemicion 2011-03-15 16:37:25  
Asura.Matzilla said:
make it easier to get a luzafs ring >:(

I've only ever used it for manaburns. I have yet to find a practical use for it aside from staying out of mob AOE range. But even then, it's centered around you in a circular manner, thus requiring nobody to be behind you as well.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-15 16:41:53  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
It doesn't take an empyrean. It takes a cor who isn't a broke *** crying little pansie. Oh no I can shoot bullets cause they cost gils boohoo. Get over it. Rngs throw actual silver at mobs to kill them you don't here me crying

The total lack of decent bullets hampers corsair's ranged attacking ability. Oberon's still being the best, and still selling for about 10,000 a bullet.
By Artemicion 2011-03-15 16:44:36  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

The total lack of decent bullets hampers corsair's ranged attacking ability. Oberon's still being the best, and still selling for about 10,000 a bullet.

If rangers get a practical high base DMG bullet from a relatively cheap material and SE was kind enough to revise the recipe for Pet Food Eta, why can't they give us a staple bullet recipe for COR? Something that is worth using and doesn't cost an arm and a leg to create in mass quantities.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2011-03-15 16:47:00  
I don't understand why there is even Ranger Specific bullets aside from Cannon Shells anyway.

Oberon's are actually pretty cheap now, 21,000 for a 99 not including an HQ (Synergy though), still, for 7 extra damage, and it's still below the silver bullet...
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-03-15 16:49:39  
Quote:
Oberon's are actually pretty cheap now, 21,000 for a 99 not including an HQ
If you can craft them that is. On Phoenix there's only one seller and she put them on AH for 50k/stack. Not really cool xD

Anyway I really hope SE doesn't listen to many of the suggestions that are being put on those forums, they're just so...wrong. It looks like some people don't even get what the job is about.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-03-15 16:51:53  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Steel is decent but most cors refuse to use them. I don't use my best bullets cause they cost so much. Hell I've know cors that wont even shoot bronze ones...

And sure it's 10k a bullet... it also cost 15-20k per synth that can't break and makes 99-297 per synth... yeah that's like 2mil profit from a 20k synth
 Phoenix.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Phoenix.Sehachan 2011-03-15 16:56:43  
Quote:
Steel is decent but most cors refuse to use them. I don't use my best bullets cause they cost so much. Hell I've know cors that wont even shoot bronze ones...
Same people that can't keep up a 4 rolls rotation and didn't know that QD even existed before af3 came out. -.-
 Ramuh.Kailana
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Kailana
By Ramuh.Kailana 2011-03-15 16:57:01  
Wafflechan said:
Phoenix.Sehachan said:
From SE forum:
Quote:
We are considering changing the effect granted by the Phantom Roll ability when a player rolls a total of 11. We would love to get some feedback on this change from all you corsairs. If you have any great ideas, don’t hesitate to post them and discuss them. This feedback will be taken into account when we make our decision. For these requests, you don’t have to take the current effects of rolling 11 into account. We’d like your ideas on what you think would be cool when hitting that 11.
So basically SE has NO IDEA of what to do. lol.
Lol? This is how Diablo 2 made their recent 1.13 update by asking the community their top wish for being implemented or removed, and most of it was fixed based on what player wanted. (WHO REMEMBERS THOSE *** OBLIVION KNIGHTS AND THEIR *** IRON MAIDEN SPAM???)

I do. Used to drive me absolutely insane. Was so glad it was removed. x_x