What Will You Do When FFXI Does Disolve?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » General » What will you do when FFXI does disolve?
What will you do when FFXI does disolve?
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Cerberus.Anjisnu
サーバ: Cerberus
Game: FFXI
user: anjisnu
By Cerberus.Anjisnu 2017-07-22 11:23:41  
well i'll have to find something to occupy the hrs i spend ignoring my wife and kids that frustrates, excites, pleases, and disappoints me so umm masturbation ?
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Commencal
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Scwall
By Quetzalcoatl.Commencal 2017-07-22 11:54:23  
Blazed1979 said: »
I quit once a year on average for anywhere from 2 to 6 months. I come back, get capped, take a break.
During those breaks

Dirt bike season for me. The past winter I studded my tires and took an extra long vacation.

Starting early was a great idea at the time. Except the extra wear and tear cut my year short right in the prime of the season.

Now it's half way through summer and I need to replace the top end, reed valves, rear tire bearings, suspension seals, and ignition coil. Keep fouling spark plugs which is no big deal, but a bad sign of things to come. It's best to do this work before the motor seizes and risks damage to the bottom end. Going to take weeks for these parts to be shipped in. Back to the game.
By Cianti 2017-07-22 19:40:18  
I've not been on this site for years, away from the game nearly 4!

Can't believe I spent nearly 10 years on and off on this game. I'm in my 30's now! I feel old :)

Great times having party invites at the Dunes...!
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-07-22 19:51:37  
What a necro. Interesting that 2011 people had these thoughts (I certainly did) and this was during the abyssea days.

I think this game will go on for another 5-10 years easily. At that point, FFXI sequel or something might be viable for SE to put out.

With their recent emphasis on games-as-a-service, as stated in their most recent financials, it puts FFXI in a good position for continued support at minimum and or for a full reboot.

I actually think the next MMO after FFXIV could be the reboot we've been waiting for. I just don't see them doing another brand new MMO in the same general framework as XI/XIV again so it makes more sense to go back to redo one of the two MMOs and XI is older and hasn't been rebooted like xiv had been.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Buukki
サーバ: Lakshmi
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-23 00:20:10  
This game has one more expansion, including time mage and calculator jobs. I don't see it ending anytime soon. There's so much depth in this game, and I literally did not read any cutscenes for missions or quests. If I did, we'd be at 15 years already

Great game, don't end. I don't want to be a good husband and father yet.
[+]
By Blazed1979 2017-07-23 04:34:43  
If SE announced FFXI-2 right now, I would quit FFXI, get in the best shape of my life, finish my PhD, get a couple of more promotions at work by doing 16 hour days, take my kids to football and basketball practice, do date night with my wife twice a week, spend some quality time with my siblings and parents.

Because I know when FFXI-2 came out no one would ever see me irl again!
[+]
 Leviathan.Sidra
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Sidra
By Leviathan.Sidra 2017-07-23 11:11:04  
Lakshmi.Buukki said: »
This game has one more expansion, including time mage and calculator jobs. I don't see it ending anytime soon. There's so much depth in this game, and I literally did not read any cutscenes for missions or quests. If I did, we'd be at 15 years already

Great game, don't end. I don't want to be a good husband and father yet.

Wait.....what? Which did I miss, a major FFXI news story, or some sarcasm and illogical hopefulness?
By OmniKroe 2017-07-23 11:39:59  
Pantheon is supposed to be good.
So far it sounds like eq1, but thats pretty close to ffxi before the zilart. So i will probly hop onto pantheon.
 Asura.Lokimaru
サーバ: Asura
user: Rocketpop
By Asura.Lokimaru 2017-07-23 12:46:37  
Definitely illogical hopefulness, since SE has already said there's no more full expansions coming.
 Lakshmi.Buukki
By Lakshmi.Buukki 2017-07-23 13:01:34  
This very thread has proven to be predictive inaccuracy at its finest, from 2011.

There is about as much chance of an expansion/addon happening as much as there is no chance. We have no idea because SE is skim on their plans for the future, which often change. I'm just going to keep speaking into existence this:

New Jobs:
Calculator
Time Mage

Then close the doors 1 year later and i'll die a happy FFXIer.
 Asura.Avallon
サーバ: Asura
By Asura.Avallon 2017-07-23 16:19:20  
15 years later and FFXI still commands not only a monthly subscription but additional fees for add-ons (wardrobes). In a day and age of F2P, you can't help but give respect where it's due. I think the game still has a lot of life left as long as the current hardcore player base continues to subscribe.

That being said, the player base will shrink 6 months to a year from now when the hammer comes down on all the players who churned out HQ gear every day using crafting exploits.
[+]
 Bismarck.Dekusutaa
サーバ: Bismarck
user: dekusutaa
By Bismarck.Dekusutaa 2017-07-23 16:37:08  
Asura.Avallon said: »
15 years later and FFXI still commands not only a monthly subscription but additional fees for add-ons (wardrobes). In a day and age of F2P, you can't help but give respect where it's due. I think the game still has a lot of life left as long as the current hardcore player base continues to subscribe.

That being said, the player base will shrink 6 months to a year from now when the hammer comes down on all the players who churned out HQ gear every day using crafting exploits.

Those HQ crafters did a nice service for everyone by making HQs accessible to a lot of people. I don't think they will ban people for it, maybe just forget and move on.

They've been strategically outdating/replacing/catching up certain slots with new gear releases.

If Omen 2.0 is coming soon, wouldn't be very hard to see a whole bunch of HQ pieces outdated immediately. Gil is so easy to make relatively these days that I don't think SE will care too much that some people got rich out of it.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Elidyr
user: elii
By Lakshmi.Elidyr 2017-07-23 17:28:26  
Blazed1979 said: »
If SE announced FFXI-2 right now, I would quit FFXI, get in the best shape of my life, finish my PhD, get a couple of more promotions at work by doing 16 hour days, take my kids to football and basketball practice, do date night with my wife twice a week, spend some quality time with my siblings and parents.

Because I know when FFXI-2 came out no one would ever see me irl again!

Rofl. Probably spot on though haha.
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9