フォーラム » Everything Else » Chatterbox » Hacking Leapster Explorer
Hacking Leapster Explorer
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 01:15:37  
Was looking online today to try to get rid of some stupid ads that leapfrog installs onto their leapster explorer system, that we got for my 4yr old for christmas... anyway, i came across this ability to possibly hack the darn thing so it can run a GBA emulator and subsequent GBA games.. but there's no real explanation on how to do so.. anyone programming savvy that would know how to do this task?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 02:22:26  
lol for reals..

In all honesty its a very very good system for my 4yr old, we were going to get him a DS but decided that he would still be a little to young for it, and we wanted him to have a learning game system since he will be going into kindergarten next year

however that being said, i was hoping to maybe put a few mario games onto the leapster for him...just dont know how to unlock the game system

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 02:48:39  
Im not saying that he is not a good gamer lol.... we just wanted him to have an educational "handheld" system instead of a DS at his age right now.. he will get more out of it.. he plays our Modded Wii alot, and is really good at most of the games out there...

Yea and i started young too, playing console games.. but way back then they didnt have the educational systems they do now
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-27 03:07:04  
@5yrs he can run an abyssea ls
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 03:10:55  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
@5yrs he can run an abyssea ls
lols
 Phoenix.Bleube
user: Bleube
By Phoenix.Bleube 2011-02-27 03:59:01  
@6 years he'll have at least 8 99 jobs, 4empys, a relic, and possibly....a mythic?

Post deleted by User.
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-27 04:18:57  
pong was educational damnit
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 04:25:36  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
but way back then they didnt have the educational systems they do now

So?
Id rather have my son play something educational along with playing our Wii, then only playing regular games

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinomaru
By Bismarck.Rinomaru 2011-02-27 04:39:36  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

So?
Id rather have my son play something educational along with playing our Wii, then only playing regular games

Well my son is going to have an IQ of 140/150, be trained by a black belt uncle, meet Bill Gates, have ESP, show the world that proof of aliens and how they tamper with our nuclear weapons, and be loved by everyone. So he won't need your insignificant Leapster!
but, gotta play dora
 Asura.Daleterrence
サーバ: Asura
user: Dalight
By Asura.Daleterrence 2011-02-27 04:40:38  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Was looking online today to try to get rid of some stupid ads that leapfrog installs onto their leapster explorer system, that we got for my 4yr old for christmas... anyway, i came across this ability to possibly hack the darn thing so it can run a GBA emulator and subsequent GBA games.. but there's no real explanation on how to do so.. anyone programming savvy that would know how to do this task?

Wait... they install ads onto a toy.. That's alittle... abusive.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-02-27 05:46:45  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

So?

I gave my kids (4 and 5) a computer to play on. Put educational games on it along with PBSkids and Nickjr icons on the desktop to give them safe access to the web. Really gotta Work the parental controls to make it safe though.
By Serj 2011-02-27 07:09:30  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

So?

Well my son is going to have an IQ of 140/150, be trained by a black belt uncle, meet Bill Gates, have ESP, show the world that proof of aliens and how they tamper with our nuclear weapons, and be loved by everyone. So he won't need your insignificant Leapster!

loooooooool.

Bismarck.Nevill
user: Nevill
By Bismarck.Nevill 2011-02-27 07:26:08  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

So?

but, gotta play dora

Honestly I just find that ***to be a cheap gimmick to make money. If anyone wants their children to learn then they should sit down with them and teach them something for 10-30 minutes a day. Unless they are homeschooling them of course. This "educational" game trash is just for those who can not put the time into their kid for whatever reason.

I missed this first run through. Yes, if a parent wants their child to learn something, they should spend 10 - 30 minutes a day with them (or more even). However, even though this is done, what is wrong with wanting a child to play something a little more intellectual than spongebob?
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 13:09:15  
Bismarck.Rinomaru said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

So?

but, gotta play dora

Honestly I just find that ***to be a cheap gimmick to make money. If anyone wants their children to learn then they should sit down with them and teach them something for 10-30 minutes a day. Unless they are homeschooling them of course. This "educational" game trash is just for those who can not put the time into their kid for whatever reason.
Yea cause you obviously know from experience how to raise a child... We do put alot of time in educating our children, but to reinforce that the educational games are very useful.. again thats not the only thing he plays, as i said he plays regular games on the wii...

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2011-02-27 13:26:20  
http://hackaday.com/tag/leapster/
http://wtfmoogle.com/?p=1175
http://wtfmoogle.com/?p=1190

These should get you started, but you should be aware this isn't going to be a simple, straight forward process. You're going to have to do a lot of reading and Googling, and messing around with it.

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 13:28:51  
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

Its probably the most genius thing they could ever do... however, literally parents are in an uproar, as am I, about it...

Post deleted by User.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 13:33:44  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

Its probably the most genius thing they could ever do... however, literally parents are in an uproar, as am I, about it...

I just would not use the item if they did that. Kids want everything they see in the commercials and it gets annoying to be bothered about it.
the benefits far out weigh a few negative ads, its not so much that they want you to buy stuff, they want you to connect the leapster explorer online, because you can do alot of stuff on the website too.
By Serj 2011-02-27 13:36:33  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

I just would not use the item if they did that. Kids want everything they see in the commercials and it gets annoying to be bothered about it.

It can cause a lot of issues and disorders being exposed to it continuously at a young age. That's really sick and disturbing that they'd put ads in a child's world constantly.
By Serj 2011-02-27 13:37:44  
Phoenix.Degs said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

the benefits far out weigh a few negative ads, its not so much that they want you to buy stuff, they want you to connect the leapster explorer online, because you can do alot of stuff on the website too.

...I totally misunderstood then. Ads still should be displaced in a child's realm regardless.
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2011-02-27 13:47:00  
Serj said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Phoenix.Degs said:
Asura.Daleterrence said:
Phoenix.Degs said:

...I totally misunderstood then. Ads still should be displaced in a child's realm regardless.
100% agree... yea its not like youtube ads or anything. Its like "have your parents connect your leapster to your computer now" so i can download more treats and soap for his pet on his explorer lol, and then they have trailers for new games that they have out, which i disabled.. because he wont stop asking me to buy it lol
 Cerberus.Irohuro
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Irohuro
By Cerberus.Irohuro 2011-02-27 14:37:46  
psh, ill just sit my kids on final fantasy, that was the quite a learning experience for me.

also, i really kinda want my family to speak latin around the house =O

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2