users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Suggestions » accomplishment for mule
accomplishment for mule
 Sylph.Feary
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: feary
By Sylph.Feary 2008-03-03 23:20:46  
do you plan to or can you include Mule Crafts to achievement points?

also include Auction house fees to calculations?
 Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2008-03-04 06:43:26  
since it's somewhat impossible to designate which charicter is a mule without asking every player individually who has multiple registered accounts, i think that mule achievement points are going to be their own and not added into a single players points.

Also if they were to include AH fee's they'd have to have at least 2 different values, because the cost of listing an item in Al'zahbi is more expensive than listing the same item in Jeuno.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-04 11:21:02  
We could just include every account's registered characters in the achievement points total. As in, if you have five characters on your account each with one 75 job, we count that as five 75 jobs for the purpose of assigning achievements. That way the "points" are done by account, and each character on the account has the same cumulative score.

I don't really see any difference between having two characters with one relic, and one character with two, for example. And I know a lot of very rich people that have enough mules to have 100 crafting in every category. That should account for their overall accomplishment.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-03-04 13:03:15  
Actually, it is completely possible to identify which character is a mule. In fact, this feature is already implemented. If you check the Edit Chars form, there is a checkbox for your 'main' character. So long as you register all your characters using the same FFXIAH.com account it's possible to link them together towards a common achievement rating.

This was actually something I was going to suggest. On my server, my characters at the time of this post are ranked 58th, 127th, 132nd and 133rd respectively. When you total up their achievement points, I would be in (or at least very close to) the top 25. (Assuming of course that other peoples' totals didn't boost their characters as well, thus squeezing me back out.) Suffice it to say, this is something I'd love to see.

As far as the AH fees, I believe that's covered in the FAQ. (If not it should be, because it's very frequently asked.)
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-04 14:32:03  
The only complaint I can see for this would be people who have "secret mules." That is, players who buy or sell ingredients or items on mule characters to hide their farming/crafting practices. But... if you don't want to be known, then you shouldn't be linking the mule characters to your main account anyway, because people can see that already.

I added the auction house fees question to the FAQ.
 Pandemonium.Areis
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Areis
By Pandemonium.Areis 2008-03-05 11:17:51  
the problem i have with it is players that recive charicters from others, or who purchase them that already have x crafting skill or levels. since at that point they'd be getting a 'unfair' boost in points compared to somone like me who only has 1 char without any mules at all (call me crazy with 100+6 woodworking and subcrafts, 3 75's and 2 more otw but i can make it work)
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-05 11:46:57  
Purchasing or being gifted characters already gives you an unfair advantage in-game. I don't really see why expressing that advantage in the ffxiah.com ranking number would make it any worse.
 Unicorn.Claquesous
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2008-03-05 12:17:43  
I think if this was implemented it should probably separate the account rankings which track all characters on an ffxiah.com account and the character rankings which would just rate your individual characters.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2008-03-05 14:58:57  
We talked it over and basically decided doing ranking by cumulative characters is too much work anyway. =p It'll stay the way it is.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-03-05 15:13:17  
The achievements points will only be computed per character. Think of it as the characters achievement points (not necessarily the person that plays it). It is simple this way and easier for a visitor to understand how the points were summed. There is no way of really knowing if the user even owns the mule or even leveled it up themselves. So I don't see the point of a user ranking at this time. I can already imagine how ugly the list will get and the flame fest that follows.

The same kind of argument can be said for a top linkshells list although we still plan to have one. A character's linkshell can at least be verified through the LS community website.

All the achievement lists will remain accurate relative to those that have setup their ffxiah and LS community pages correctly.

Edit

This feature is still considered a work in progress and everything (especially the formula to calculate the points) is subject to change.
 Caitsith.Tylendel
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Tylendel
By Caitsith.Tylendel 2008-03-06 04:09:54  
I have often wondered why there can't be seperate charts for Level,crafting, and relic well atleast EXP and Crafting

seems to me crafting is overpowered, it is much easier to level a craft than expng for the most part.Inoticed I gained 950 points just by taking bonecraft from 18 to 28 when I raised my smn from 64-70 I got like 250 points and trust me it was much,much harder to level from 64-70 on smn, than to throw a few wind crystals in with beetle jaws and such.

I saw my Smn was stuck at 69 for several days after it hit 70 and then it updated I had the exact same score as when it was showing as level 69. 32,500 exp should give a few points period. I may be off might be glitchy since sometimes updates take a bit and such, just how it seemed and what I observed.
 Carbuncle.Yajirobe
Premium
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Yajirobe
By Carbuncle.Yajirobe 2008-03-06 05:39:44  
Another reason why I personally feel alternate characters shouldn't be combined is because many people who have crafting mules have them in a city and cannot link their character to their FFXIAH account. This would limit this pretty much to whitegate crafting mules (maybe jeuno... but I think there are fewer crafting mules there).
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-03-06 06:32:05  
Plight said:
The whole achievement system seems pretty meaningless when an IGE'd character is in the top five on a server (http://www.ffxiah.com/player.php?id=1030385).

So is pleasing the mob.

I will elaborate my previous post. This illustrates a characters 'achievement'. I don't care to put asterisks by anyone for being accused of gil buying, power leveling, dual/tri boxing, account sharing, skipping work/school/sex for ffxi, or using HGH or other performance enhancing drugs.

The project was mainly for fun and it uncovers powerful characters in this game using the data we have collected. The registered user rate and LS community data have gone up since this so it's not entirely meaningless for the site.
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-03-06 11:58:50  
Tylendel said:

seems to me crafting is overpowered, it is much easier to level a craft than expng for the most part.Inoticed I gained 950 points just by taking bonecraft from 18 to 28 when I raised my smn from 64-70 I got like 250 points and trust me it was much,much harder to level from 64-70 on smn, than to throw a few wind crystals in with beetle jaws and such.

64->70 on smn would net you 635 points
18->28 on bonecraft would net you 280 points

I may tweak the lower levels of crafts but the max at 100 will likely not change, neither will the number to reach 60.

I'll probably make a separate list for "Exp. only", but the overall will have a handful of tied/maxed out people.
 Phoenix.Ladyjazz
Premium
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Ladyjazz
By Phoenix.Ladyjazz 2008-03-06 12:32:02  
Scragg said:
I don't care to put asterisks by anyone for being accused of gil buying, power leveling, dual/tri boxing, account sharing, skipping work/school/sex for ffxi, or using HGH or other performance enhancing drugs. The project was mainly for fun and it uncovers powerful characters in this game using the data we have collected. The registered user rate and LS community data have gone up since this so it's not entirely meaningless for the site.

ROFLMAO!

And it's true I'm getting my friends to register and get their LS update going so we can see how we all compare.

Also, as a crafter I appreciate the crafting achievements. I wish we could add in the Guild Point items I have though. Especially since I managed to get Smithing +4 but will prolly never get to 100 since the skill synths jumped to 100K/synth and no real profit synths in Smithing any more at a higher level than mine right now.
 Hades.Evilpaul
サーバ: Hades
user: Evilpaul
By Hades.Evilpaul 2008-03-23 12:44:23  
Is there any way to currently see the part of the list where your own character is ranked at? Maybe the 4-5 above and below?
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
By Fenrir.Scragg 2008-03-23 22:25:11  
This'll have to do for now:

http://www.ffxiah.com/achievements.php?dt=1&st=950
 Bahamut.Prep
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Prep
By Bahamut.Prep 2008-04-03 13:02:30  
Scragg said:
This'll have to do for now: http://www.ffxiah.com/achievements.php?dt=1&st=950

Is there a way to make this server specfic?
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2008-04-06 11:51:06  
bump

Is there a way to make this server specific?
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [82 days between previous and next post]
 Sylph.Feary
By Sylph.Feary 2008-06-27 19:12:13  
no plight. i meant being able to view st=950 on a particular server because:

Quote:
http://www.ffxiah.com/achievements.php?dt=1&st=950

will give you 951-975 on every server.

Quote:
http://www.ffxiah.com/achievements.php?st=950&sv=1