フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Beast Master » Super pet soloing
Super pet soloing
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-12 12:48:26  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Titan.Darkestknight said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
I saw a 'pet' group take nearly 3 and a half hours to kill the Ironclad in Uleguer, and when i left it was still at 15% :(

That Would piss me off and i don't care how I'd look, probably screaming like a drunk redneck standing on his trailer porch as the drunk hooker sped off in a car while the neighbors watched.

Outside of that, If someones taking an exuberantly long time to kill something, I simply offer help, tell them they can have all drops and even QM Them if they like. If i'm ignored (99% of the time) I move on, and wish them luck.

you stood in Abyssea watching someone for three and a half hours, seriously?

No.

I was doing my Magian Ice Staff trial. Killshot with Ice Magic on 150 Arcana.

Was killing the Sentries. After I finished the trial i did a few NMs with a friend, came back to check and it was still alive, then i left.

You guys are smarter than this... Right? :(

So the reality is that you may have seen them killing different ironclad's, spawned or re-popped.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-12 12:48:40  
Pandemonium.Krebons said:
Well, bringing back my Genbu point, I've seen Ls's wait 4 hours for a rdm to solo it.. So it wouldn't surprise me any if you did.

I could make an argument I would have to be Building time, But then of course someone else could have been doing it for me.

I just didn't think I'd need to elaborate, But i don't mind doing so <.<;
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-12 12:52:31  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
I saw a 'pet' group take nearly 3 and a half hours to kill the Ironclad in Uleguer, and when i left it was still at 15% :(

That Would piss me off and i don't care how I'd look, probably screaming like a drunk redneck standing on his trailer porch as the drunk hooker sped off in a car while the neighbors watched.

Outside of that, If someones taking an exuberantly long time to kill something, I simply offer help, tell them they can have all drops and even QM Them if they like. If i'm ignored (99% of the time) I move on, and wish them luck.

No.

Was killing the Sentries. After I finished the trial i did a few NMs with a friend, came back to check and it was still alive, then i left.

So the reality is that you may have seen them killing different ironclad's, spawned or re-popped.

No, Actually, i Spent the better half of that time (2hours, 13 minutes) Finishing my Trial, All as i watched them Widdle it down from 100% to 94% in 30 minutes... keeping an eye on it while doing the trials (You see, Its remarkably close).

Then a BST brewed it to about 25% and died, it Regened to about 35% they reclaimed, this was about 1hr 30min in, and they began to kill it the BST way "Immortal pet" with those Atmas, Ironclad hitting it for 0, while it was hitting Ironclad for 0-5, So at the 2hour Mark i finished my trial and it was at about 20%, I watched a moment and walked to my NMs, Came back with the same people in the same spot doing 0-5 dmg a hit. by this point i think they had a THF and a BLM now, THF was hitting for like 0-2 and the BLM's nukes were doing low 50~100 ish.

If i came back and saw the NM around 80%, or 50%, an odd number higher than their previously known %, I would have assumed that too... But it was painfully obvious by the way they were fighting and how long it took them to get it from 100% to 20% (including a brew) that it was the same mob. You would have had to have been there i guess to understand, But rest assured it was the same mob.

You should look up the NM i'm talking about, You'll see if you hold it too long it basically becomes Ovni-Like, Builds Resistance to all Damage.

You may come to understand why it took so long :P, Which is it was a bad choice to try and low-man it to begin with...
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-12 12:57:05  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

No.

No, Actually, i Spent the better half of that time (2hours, 13 minutes) Finishing my Trial, All as i watched them Widdle it down from 100% to 94% in 30 minutes... keeping an eye on it while doing the trials (You see, Its remarkably close).

Then a BST brewed it to about 25% and died, it Regened to about 45% they reclaimed, this was about 1hr 30min in, and they began to kill it the BST way "Immortal pet" with those Atmas, Ironclad hitting it for 0, while it was hitting Ironclad for 0-5, So at the 2hour Mark i finished my trial and it was at about 20%, I watched a moment and walked to my NMs, Came back with the same people in the same spot doing 0-5 dmg a hit.

If i came back and saw the NM around 80%, or 50%, an odd number higher than their previously known %, I would have assumed that too... But it was painfully obvious by the way they were fighting and how long it took them to get it from 100% to 20% (including a brew) that it was the same mob. You would have had to have been there i guess to understand, But rest assured it was the same mob.

You should look up the NM i'm talking about, You'll see if you hold it too long it basically becomes Ovni-Like, Builds Resistance to all Damage.

Then again I'm starting to see why you had to ask if i was watching it all 3 hours :|

Fair enough.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Ihina
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Ihina
By Bismarck.Ihina 2011-02-12 15:23:03  
Quote:

Just because you either A: Live with mommy and daddy, or B: Wouldn't know what a life was if it hit you in the face, does not mean half of us don't have one.

The flaw to the real life card is that everyone has one(not just half) and you're nothing special. Regardless, everyone else can seem to get by, but you can't. Then you whine and complain that you can't get any help. In other words, you're saying, "It's not MY fault I suck, it's the world's fault.", even though the circumstances are relatively the same across the board for -everyone-.

Quote:
I have plenty of friends,(Never said anything about not being able to make any... You pull that out of your *** too?) most are est, don't play late ect. ect..

That's coherently flawed(this means it doesn't make sense), unless you've recently moved, which in that case, you should be spend more time making friends in your own time zone then complaining about it on the forum.

I am curious though, how you managed to make 'plenty' of friends whose playtime conflict with yours to the point where it's nearly impossible to play together but you can't make any friends in your own time zone where playtime isn't an issue.

Furthermore, the whole structure of your post is completely hypocritical. You spend the first half making one assumption after another at me, then you spend the second half condemning the 'assumption' I made about you. And, they were not assumptions. Can you or can you not get people to help you kill whatever you need to kill? If no, then my statements are correct. If yes, why are you here making a topic questioning the validity of solo'ing an heavily sought after NM. You made no mention of doing it for the 'challenge' or the 'fun factor', all you said was that you can't get help because of your 'real life'.

And before you respond, can I suggest you calm yourself and brush off your annoyance at your 'real life' so I won't have to sit through another heap of emotionally triggered responses. Thanks.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 15:27:40  
I watched a group take 2 hours to not kill melo melo... like a full alliance. The only reason we knew is because they pulled it to the nms we were fighting to *** with us and lag us out. I think it was back up to 100% by the time they started timing out
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-12 15:30:05  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Then a BST brewed it to about 25% and died, it Regened to about 45% they reclaimed, this was about 1hr 30min in, and they began to kill it the BST way "Immortal pet" with those Atmas, Ironclad hitting it for 0, while it was hitting Ironclad for 0-5, So at the 2hour Mark i finished my trial and it was at about 20%, I watched a moment and walked to my NMs, Came back with the same people in the same spot doing 0-5 dmg a hit.

So unless they somehow managed to summon the hand of god to kill the NM, and pop another and take it down to within just 4% of when i last saw their previous NM, I'd go with no. In reality, i couldn't have.

Then again I'm starting to see why you had to ask if i was watching it all 3 hours :|
This story doesn't add up. How many bsts were in this group you saw?

*edit I see you've changed the story, my bad

Yeah Its been like 2 weeks now I have a hard time remembering every single detail :\ Especially time frames. Time flies when you're nuking Sentries.

Either way, I remember the total time was about 3 hours, And I was killing balls for 2:13 (brother was keeping count).

There was 1BST, 1SMN joined at some point, there was a BLM at some point, and I think a THF showed up late later on. I think in total 4 people were there.

I'm pretty sure there were job-changes involved too as i swear there were 2 BSTs in the beginning, and in the end 1BST/1SMN (One uses the Lynx, other using Garuda)

It Regen'd/White'd they Wiped/Reclaimed/Zombied So many times I mix up events. But hey, Nobodies memory is perfect :| and i only remember 1 name, but i keep it confidential cause well...

No one asked.

Also, I edit my posts furiously, Not like i try to hide that o.O, when i remember something i put it in, and when i remember other details i edit them! Since my memory tends to work in bursts...

Hell I've Edited this post 4 times so far.
[+]
 Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-12 15:43:54  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I watched a group take 2 hours to not kill melo melo... like a full alliance. The only reason we knew is because they pulled it to the nms we were fighting to *** with us and lag us out. I think it was back up to 100% by the time they started timing out

Tell me this happened the first week that Heroes came out so I can have a little confidence in the average player.
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-02-12 15:46:39  
Hades.Stefanos said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Tell me this happened the first week that Heroes came out so I can have a little confidence in the average player.
Naw this was like a month ago. And it was a big ls too lol. We were killing the quest zone boss a few times for stuff while this was going on but god they were lagging the ***out of us. They kinda kept healing it alot and had plds DDing...
 Shiva.Thashhh
サーバ: Shiva
user: Thashhh
By Shiva.Thashhh 2011-02-12 16:09:42  
wow this is an interesting topic. i for one am a bst, so i understand ur pain. and if u take 10-20 mins killin an NM so what. you earn ur claim, and they are wasting their time watching. everyone has fair game on an NM, just like everyone u took ur time to get ur claiim , they need to do the same.

p.s if they made me pissed off ill take the nm to 1% and heel my pet and make them wait longer for their rude comments. "what now ***, you can suck it" lol
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-12 16:48:32  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

So unless they somehow managed to summon the hand of god to kill the NM, and pop another and take it down to within just 4% of when i last saw their previous NM, I'd go with no. In reality, i couldn't have.

This story doesn't add up. How many bsts were in this group you saw?

*edit I see you've changed the story, my bad

Yeah Its been like 2 weeks now I have a hard time remembering every single detail :\ Especially time frames. Time flies when you're nuking Sentries.

Either way, I remember the total time was about 3 hours, And I was killing balls for 2:13 (brother was keeping count).

There was 1BST, 1SMN joined at some point, there was a BLM at some point, and I think a THF showed up late later on. I think in total 4 people were there.

I'm pretty sure there were job-changes involved too as i swear there were 2 BSTs in the beginning, and in the end 1BST/1SMN (One uses the Lynx, other using Garuda)

It Regen'd/White'd they Wiped/Reclaimed/Zombied So many times I mix up events. But hey, Nobodies memory is perfect :| and i only remember 1 name, but i keep it confidential cause well...

No one asked.

Also, I edit my posts furiously, Not like i try to hide that o.O, when i remember something i put it in, and when i remember other details i edit them! Since my memory tends to work in bursts...

Hell I've Edited this post 4 times so far.
I have never seen that NM soloed by any job at all, and a bst decided to try at the beginning? Instantly that would be enough for me to ease off someone and let them try without judging them > <
but yeah 2 weeks remembering finer points can be harsh, fair enough man

I didn't badger them or anything, I just went about my business and let them do their thing, Just found it funny they took nearly 3 hours and 1 Brew and didn't give up :P I'd of just said "Screw the popset" and farmed a new one XD

but i never harassed them in say or nothing, just onlooked quietly o-o. Its also the reason I don't say their names.
By Cleaver 2011-02-12 17:49:52  
I'm gona have to say I have no issues with people soloing but when lolgimp dnc / nin / bst /smn go 100% defensive gear + atma its just plain old pathetic on lolNMs watching gimps fighting weak NMs that don't need this kind of defensive build just makes me rage XD
and they they ignore offers for help ......
 Asura.Miyara
By Asura.Miyara 2011-02-12 18:50:36  
So after 2 long brennu solos, (easy cakes, just time consuming) I was wondering how much grief other bst's get for super soloing(if any, at all) Had a mnk and whm lolbst'ing and whatnot the entire fight, and it just gets annoying. Some of us have real jobs, can't be in a ls and play 5+ hours a night, and live in a completely different time zone then the general population of the server (***-ura, est, I live in Hawaii) so even finding a lowman... Sucks... So I solo to get my +2.

Any thoughts?

Well. If you want to solo stuff on the most populated server in the game then you should learn to deal with it. You mention having "real jobs", well even people in a LS are on a schedule and they aren't going to wait 30 minutes for you to solo something they could kill a half dozen times in the same time frame. If they KS you, deal with it.

Needs of the Many Outweigh The Needs Of The Few Or The One LolBST

[+]
By Titan.Darkestknight 2011-02-12 19:49:18  
Asura.Miyara said:
So after 2 long brennu solos, (easy cakes, just time consuming) I was wondering how much grief other bst's get for super soloing(if any, at all) Had a mnk and whm lolbst'ing and whatnot the entire fight, and it just gets annoying. Some of us have real jobs, can't be in a ls and play 5+ hours a night, and live in a completely different time zone then the general population of the server (***-ura, est, I live in Hawaii) so even finding a lowman... Sucks... So I solo to get my +2.

Any thoughts?

Well. If you want to solo stuff on the most populated server in the game then you should learn to deal with it. You mention having "real jobs", well even people in a LS are on a schedule and they aren't going to wait 30 minutes for you to solo something they could kill a half dozen times in the same time frame. If they KS you, deal with it.

Needs of the Many Outweigh The Needs Of The Few Or The One LolBST

No it doesn't. Ask SquareEnix they'll clarify it for you.
 Siren.Kunimatsu
サーバ: Siren
user: Kunimatsu
By Siren.Kunimatsu 2011-02-12 19:57:05  
Noone has divine right over a mob just because they're with an alliance or can kill it faster.

Soloer killing an NM your alliance wants to do? deal with it.

Alliance killing an NM you want to solo? deal with it.

People are acting like soloing things is a new concept and it's ruining the game for them. I can't imagine how much these people would rage at the RDMs spending 2-4 hours soloing a sky god amongst other things years ago lol.
[+]
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2011-02-12 20:18:53  
Siren.Kunimatsu said:
I can't imagine how much these people would rage at the RDMs spending 2-4 hours soloing a sky god amongst other things years ago lol.

>.> Implying more than a handful of people back then had the skill and gear to do such a thing as oposed to anyone being able to gimp down a nm with Atmas.
 Siren.Neurot
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Neurot 2011-02-12 22:47:30  
I have been on both sides of this situation. I'm a BST so I totally understand the OP's frustration.

Let's say, the the sake of argument, that someone is taking "too long" at something you want a crack at, and you have limited time to do so. Is this a reason to resort to name calling and general douche-baggery? Do you have no class what so ever? Be the bigger person, there are a ***ton of other things to do in FFXI. I'm not saying don't be upset, just don't take it out on other people. That person soloing has done nothing wrong. They pay the monthly fee just like the rest of us.

As far as someone fighting a mob for three hours...eff that! I'd give that ***up after forty five minutes, and I sure as hell wouldn't sit around and watch them like some creepy lurker lolz.

Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes!
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2011-02-12 22:49:12  
Siren.Neurot said:
I have been on both sides of this situation. I'm a BST so I totally understand the OP's frustration.

Let's say, the the sake of argument, that someone is taking "too long" at something you want a crack at, and you have limited time to do so. Is this a reason to resort to name calling and general douche-baggery? Do you have no class what so ever? Be the bigger person, there are a ***ton of other things to do in FFXI. I'm not saying don't be upset, just don't take it out on other people. That person soloing has done nothing wrong. They pay the monthly fee just like the rest of us.

As far as someone fighting a mob for three hours...eff that! I'd give that ***up after forty five minutes, and I sure as hell wouldn't sit around and watch them like some creepy lurker lolz.

I was doing my goddamn staff trials >:(

Hades.Stefanos
サーバ: Hades
user: Stefanos
By Hades.Stefanos 2011-02-12 22:50:18  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Siren.Neurot said:

I was doing my goddamn staff trials >:(

If it's any comfort, I found your story funny.

Post deleted by User.
By Andylynn 2011-02-15 07:52:02  
just my two cents: im all for someone showing off their prowess by soloing a big baddy, but only if they know they can do it. in junction with karbuncle's story, i have an equally stupid one. my group was trying to get empousa for +2/polearm, when this bst smn and whm decide 'oh we should low man this with pets.' we kindly ask them if they need the polearm, and respond they dont need it, so i figure ill wait while they kill it and maybe get something nice out of it. but boy, was i wrong when i thought itd go quickly. dude has ridiculous amounts of PDT for his sheep, but all he and diabolos did was damage it to 90%, and then heal it back to 100. the retard sat there for 2+ hours with it flying, spamming moves, to the point he decided he was going to drag it all the way to the maw just so he can TE, and continue to fail at this miserable attempt at soloing.

the funny part is, this bst is considered 'the best' on ***-ura. we keep kindly telling him to let us help and well give him what he needs, or to give up, he's just wasting our group's time. we eventually got a GM called on him, but boy was this bst the most ridiculous person ive ever met. he'd make up BS excuses like 'you're just jealous i got it first and want my drops, screw off ***.' z_z i havent seen him since so i wonder if he got the ban hammer..

TLDR: bsts should only solo something they know they can solo in a reasonable amount of time. just because you can, doesnt mean you should, as one players needs do not trump the rest of the server's.

PS karby, not to be a ***, but capital letters only belong at the beginning of a sentence and on proper nouns :x. i.e. I live in New York City, and she lives in Canada. e_e
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-15 07:57:30  
if you didn't want to be a ***, you could have just not said anything >_>
 Asura.Flufferkins
By Asura.Flufferkins 2011-02-15 08:39:50  
Stop bumping this thread. Everyone stopped caring 3 days ago.
 Phoenix.Tealsic
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Tealsic
By Phoenix.Tealsic 2011-02-15 08:52:04  
The fact of the matter is we're BST....... we do what we want to, when we want to, because..... we can. So you leveld a job that needs a ally or atleast a healer to make a duo possible. It was your choice. Its plain and simple if someone offers help take it unless they have a bad rep. Plus up until the last what? 8 months? BST was NEVER invited to pt's unless you had a friend start the party or you did yourself. We thrive on soloing and the rush it brings when you CAN solo something big. People who make rude comments instead of offering their help to bst are both asking and deserve to time out on the basis of pure ignorance. :)
[+]
 Ramuh.Lorzy
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Lorzy
By Ramuh.Lorzy 2011-02-15 09:03:29  
and there are a ton of people who refuse help to kill things faster. not that i'm arguing that people shouldn't be able to solo if they want to, but people are usually upset about people taking too long BECAUSE they refuse help.