Random Thoughts.....What Are You Thinking?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Undead » Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
Random Thoughts.....What are you thinking?
First Page 2 3 ... 19794 19795 19796 ... 22567 22568 22569
 Sylph.Jeanpaul
MSPaint Champion
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: JeanPaul
By Sylph.Jeanpaul 2016-08-23 23:01:56  
Anna Ruthven said: »
Wtf do I do?
In order of practicality, your options are basically:

- Tell them to take the dog inside, and be civil about it
- Call the police over a noise complaint
- File a formal nuisance complaint (not recommended due to the financial and time cost, as well as the further strain between you and your neighbor)
- Train some kind of bear or equally impressive animal to fight the dog, but secretly
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Excalibur
Game: FFXIV
user: AnnaMolly
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-23 23:08:37  
Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
- Train some kind of bear or equally impressive animal to fight the dog, but secretly
...Drac?

Sylph.Jeanpaul said: »
- Tell them to take the dog inside, and be civil about it
He doesn't have "inside dogs" both of his dogs get off of their chain for about 30 mins a day.

I thought other neighbors would have complained by now. German Shepherd, it's loud.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-23 23:09:47  
eslim said: »
have u ever tried to insinuate yourself on the dog ?
I'm not peeing on anyone's dog!
 Ragnarok.Hevans
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Hev
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-08-23 23:11:44  
earth quake hits italy.

hope this isn't where seha is vacationing.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-23 23:14:22  
Ragnarok.Hevans said: »
earth quake hits italy.

She mentioned storms earlier so it seems like her vacation is going downhill. Hope she's OK though.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-08-23 23:19:43  
indeed

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-23 23:29:40  
earth quake hits italy.

Since she's by the beach she's probably not very close to it
 Asura.Vyre
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Asura
user: Vyrerus
By Asura.Vyre 2016-08-23 23:31:11  
Condition yourself to sleep through noise. Will be hard, but once you can sleep through the dog barking, you'll be able to sleep through anything.

I had to get over being unable to sleep near people that snore when I was in Boot Camp. I got next to no sleep my first week in. Sleeping in a compartment with 83 other dudes, bout half of them loud snorers.

Basically, get into bed, don't think about sleep. The dog gonna bark, you gonna be like, "Man I can't sleep with this dog barking." Instead, read something. Play a handheld. Don't think about sleep. Think, muse over your day. Don't think about sleep. Don't think about being tired the next day. Let your body relax itself naturally. You fall asleep, it wakes you up eventually, repeat process of relaxing. Eventually you'll condition your body to disregard the noise.

Also you could go to bed earlier than he starts barking. if his barking is routine. If you get your sleep in earlier, it might screw with your schedule, but your new schedule would go like, Work > Sleep > play > work > sleep > play, instead of Work > Play > Sleep etc.

Post deleted by User.
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-23 23:49:30  
Asura.Vyre said: »
Condition yourself to sleep through noise. Will be hard, but once you can sleep through the dog barking, you'll be able to sleep through anything.

I grew up right by train tracks and it was noisy as hell before they put up a noise barrier (used to just be a chain-link fence)
 Bismarck.Dracondria
By Bismarck.Dracondria 2016-08-23 23:50:51  
Probably should have put it up earlier, kids shouldn't see the police looking for body parts along the tracks after a girl was hit <_<

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
サーバ: Valefor
user: Seha
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-24 01:18:58  
earth quake hits italy.

Waking up in the middle of the night cause the building goes wiii(im even on the sixth floor)
I wasn't near the epicentre but i felt it strongly here too. The town where it started seems to be completely gone.
[+]
 Sylph.Shadowlina
Forum Moderator
Lockstylin'
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Shadowlina 2016-08-24 01:49:21  
Valefor.Sehachan said: »
earth quake hits italy.

Waking up in the middle of the night cause the building goes wiii(im even on the sixth floor)
I wasn't near the epicentre but i felt it strongly here too. The town where it started seems to be completely gone.
Oh my gosh your okay. I saw the news and came straight here I hope you stay safe.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-24 02:24:39  
Was a bit scary I left my room and went to sleep with dad for the night. There were a couple more quakes after the strong one so it was hard to get much sleep.

Italy is strongly quaky all over unfortunately.
 Ragnarok.Hevans
By Ragnarok.Hevans 2016-08-24 02:29:22  
stupid internet people living in places with natural disasters making people concerned for their safety -.-

glad to hear you're ok.
 Valefor.Sehachan
Guide Maker
By Valefor.Sehachan 2016-08-24 05:29:36  
Accidentally caused a small scratch on dad's tablet cause my hands are stupid..now im afraid dad will never let me touch it again *dont wanna be scolded*
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2016-08-24 06:17:46  
Good to read you're ok.
As for the scratch; "The quake did it"

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
By Valefor.Prothescar 2016-08-24 06:51:08  
"Ultrasonic bird house"

idc what it does it sounds *** awesome and I will have 8
user: Lillica
By Grumpy Cat 2016-08-24 07:08:39  
Valefor.Prothescar said: »
"Ultrasonic bird house"

idc what it does it sounds *** awesome and I will have 8

It sounds like something that should be followed with - "2 HOUR GAMER MIX" and have a background on youtube of a League of Legends character.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-24 07:35:35  
Candlejack said: »
Ok, serious quest here.

Neighbor has a dog chained up in his back yard that barks loudly all night, right in the direction of my window and it keeps me up. Ambien, Xanax, nothing helps because it repeatedly wakes me up.

Despite wanting to, I can't shoot it so what are my legal options here? It keeps me up, so when I go to work, I'm either exhausted or I spend money on energy drinks. On top of this, when the dog starts in, I'm pretty much trapped. Nowhere else to sleep, so I stress out, get anxious, etc.

Wtf do I do?

EDIT: Also, I've watched. The dog wanders around, barking at nothing. Nothing is triggering this, it just does it.
My advice, there's numerous ultrasonic bark deterrent devices on the market that actually work. I'd suggest something rated for outdoor use, such as this:
Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent
Do they make one so powerful, it traumatizes the dog so it has some PTSD of Vietnam or a cis male not checking his privilege? :)
 Asura.Shiraiyuki
user: Shirai
By Asura.Shiraiyuki 2016-08-24 07:39:13  
Maybe an odd question, have you spoken to your neighbour about it?
He's probably so used to barking that he doesn't realize that it's bothering other people.

If he's not open for reason, it's something you can probably go to the authorities with.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-24 08:08:25  
Asura.Shiraiyuki said: »
open for reason
He strikes me as a P&Rer...so I highly doubt he's open to reason. I thought someone has said something about it to him but I'm not completely sure.
Forum Moderator
By Anna Ruthven 2016-08-24 08:10:39  
Ok, serious quest here.

Neighbor has a dog chained up in his back yard that barks loudly all night, right in the direction of my window and it keeps me up. Ambien, Xanax, nothing helps because it repeatedly wakes me up.

Despite wanting to, I can't shoot it so what are my legal options here? It keeps me up, so when I go to work, I'm either exhausted or I spend money on energy drinks. On top of this, when the dog starts in, I'm pretty much trapped. Nowhere else to sleep, so I stress out, get anxious, etc.

Wtf do I do?

EDIT: Also, I've watched. The dog wanders around, barking at nothing. Nothing is triggering this, it just does it.
My advice, there's numerous ultrasonic bark deterrent devices on the market that actually work. I'd suggest something rated for outdoor use, such as this:
Outdoor Ultrasonic Bark Deterrent
Do they make one so powerful, it traumatizes the dog so it has some PTSD of Vietnam or a cis male not checking his privilege? :)
Not that I'm aware of. Usually these things use the same frequency as a dog whistle. It works, though. My mother has two mouthy Chihuahuas and they stfu when she uses hers, which looks like a little flashlight.
And because I know it works, that's why it's being suggested. On top of that, talk to your neighbor about it. If he refuses to be reasonable and keep his hound under control, contact the police. In most states, it's at least a class C misdemeanor falling under breach of peace, leash laws, and noise pollution laws to let a dog bark uncontrollably for no reason. In fact, it may even be something the local Animal Control might even be called in for if it's bad enough.
I know Yorkies are the worst, I like with three of those hellspawn but even they shut up and go to sleep at night.

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2 3 ... 19794 19795 19796 ... 22567 22568 22569