users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Brd DD spellcast
Brd DD spellcast
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-02-06 16:06:03  
Ok so what I'm trying to do is get it to where my BRD can go to a different group and DD semi-ok.

The problem I'm having is that I don't know how to make it so that you are always in an idle set when idle, and then when engaged, swap to TP gear. Then when I do Eviseration is stays in WS gear, and doesn't go back to TP gear or idle gear. This would actally help a lot of my Spellcast sets so any help would be great.

Oh, and another thing. It always locks me MAIN/SUB/RANGE when I have more than 01 tp. But I want it to ONLY do that when I am engaged with a mob. If I am just idle, I'd like to be able to change those categories.

Breakdown: Can't figure out how to do idle sets, then go to TP if engaged, then go back to idle after mob is dead or un-engaging. @_@ Hope you guys get it!

Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-02-06 16:11:10  
you might try ninian

she's got an excellent bard spellcast

though it's pretty involved
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-02-06 16:30:15  
Where is this at? Don't see it anywhere.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-02-06 16:33:18  
i mean sending her a pm

she sent me hers a while back on request

though i'm sure my copy is long outdated
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-06 16:35:16  
It isn't one of my most polished spellcasts, but it should work for what you want. I need to fix it someday though. I need to have two XMLs, one for magebrding, and one for ddbrding, I don't remember why though. I just want one spellcast damnit. Oh well, not like I play BRD much anymore. Anyway, this should work for what you need.

Here
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-02-06 16:58:50  
i don't think i'd want to get into the weeds in a gear argument with ninian or thorny

they've generally got their reasons

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2011-02-06 16:59:46  
ok
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-02-06 17:06:27  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Hecatomb Cap for PDT and MDT, lolwut? I believe the proper phrase here is, "you fail."

lol.

It was from my mage spellcast and my DDBRD doesn't carry that stuff. So yeah. :( Also who uses pdt/mdt gear on fodder mobs anyway.

PS: getting into gear arguments with me is kinda dumb. >_>;
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-02-06 17:23:48  
So... that thing is confusing. @_@

Few questions:

What's with the Reprisal|Dread Spikes|Drain II stuff? This is way more advanced and crazy than I'm used to. Lol.

How can I relate this thing to my Spellcast so that the problem I'm having doesn't happen. I've found a few rules that I think might work from another file but even they confuse me.

<if status="engaged">
<action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="tp" />
</if>
<if status="idle">
<action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="idle" />
</if>
<if spell="Mordant Rime|Evisceration">
<action type="precastdelay" delay=".5" />
<action type="equip" when="precast" set="ws" />
<action type="aftercastdelay" delay="6" />
<action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="tp" />
</if>
<if notstatus="engaged">
<action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="idle" />
<if notadvanced='"%tp">"10"'>
<action type="equip" when ="aftercast">
<main>Terra's Staff</main>
<sub>Quire grip</sub>
</action>
</if>
</if>

What I don't get here is the Nostatus rule. Never run into that before. What's that do?
 Leviathan.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-02-06 18:27:30  
Phoenix.Shiomi said:
So... that thing is confusing. @_@ Few questions: What's with the Reprisal|Dread Spikes|Drain II stuff? This is way more advanced and crazy than I'm used to. Lol. How can I relate this thing to my Spellcast so that the problem I'm having doesn't happen. I've found a few rules that I think might work from another file but even they confuse me. <if status="engaged"> <action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="tp" /> </if> <if status="idle"> <action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="idle" /> </if> <if spell="Mordant Rime|Evisceration"> <action type="precastdelay" delay=".5" /> <action type="equip" when="precast" set="ws" /> <action type="aftercastdelay" delay="6" /> <action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="tp" /> </if> <if notstatus="engaged"> <action type="equip" when="aftercast" set="idle" /> <if notadvanced='"%tp">"10"'> <action type="equip" when ="aftercast"> <main>Terra's Staff</main> <sub>Quire grip</sub> </action> </if> </if> What I don't get here is the Nostatus rule. Never run into that before. What's that do?

The drain2/reprisal/dread spikes stuff is pretty simple. casting drain2 means you will idle in mdt, and casting it again will have you idle in pdt. dread spikes makes minstrel's ring swap in and out, and reprisal means you will melee in melee gear, and locks your weapon so you won't lose tp.

I assume "notstatus" means... your status is not the variable... so when you're idle.

I use a much more simplified/faster and updated version of the same base xml, PM me if you'd like it. :)

I'm assuming hecatomb cap in mdt/pdt sets is a mistake, since there isn't really a logical reason for it.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2011-02-06 19:09:49  
who would hurt a cat in a beret?

The mob doesn't want to either, hence they pull their punches a bit more.

Quote:
I need to have two XMLs, one for magebrding, and one for ddbrding, I don't remember why though. I just want one spellcast damnit

Throw me an AIM sometime and I'll see if I can satisfy your needs!