Melee BRD, Can It Be Done Again?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Melee BRD, can it be done again?
Melee BRD, can it be done again?

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ragnarok.Alaron
サーバ: Ragnarok
Game: FFXI
By Ragnarok.Alaron 2011-01-18 13:44:27  
There's my melee set, by no means the ***, but pretty easy to get now a days. Can cap haste with Goliard Saio, or dusk+1s, or Bullwhip. I piggy back my WS set off of my Thf's Evisceration set, nothing fancy, but I do miss Mordant Rime.

I do a lot of duoing on brd with a nin, dnc, mnk, or thf, you shouldn't have any problem stabbing along with them, I think.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-18 19:19:36  
Asura.Kaitaru said:
Much thanks, any more suggestions? What do you mean you miss mordent rime a relic ws?

He means it's no longer useful and he misses using it lol. Evisceration is pretty much the only WS for daggers nowadays. Also as for his TP set, you don't typically need that much acc+, could go for a different neck-piece. Agasayas or a Crit% augmented neckpiece from Tahrongi.

Edit: My TP set

Gorget is SB+5 crit+1%, need to get a better one someday.
 Asura.Stryger
サーバ: Asura
user: Stryger
By Asura.Stryger 2011-01-18 19:46:45  
Ive done melee BRD for fun by no means is it geared seriously, but my set looks kinda like Niniann's besides the Dusk+1 and Kila, was able to do 2k Evisceration on Abyssea mobs pretty easily using old 75range stuff from my THF on Ws
By sylwyn 2011-02-07 09:15:11  
I was on brd with a group killing Tungas for Itzpa pops the other day and was popping Aeolian Edges for 500-700 dmg a pop on all chigoes without the proper atmas on, nor do I have a ws set for lolbrd. And using horde after was very effective and really fun~!

Using gales and matk atma should be fun next I do it haha. :D
 Ramuh.Sagittario
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Sagi
By Ramuh.Sagittario 2011-02-07 09:21:19  
Oh, wait, here's an idea, level a melee job (-_-)
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-07 09:29:59  
everything is possible if you have imagination.
[+]
 Ramuh.Laffter
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-02-07 09:31:24  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
BRB, doing BLM/SAM to melee with Staff foreverrrrr.
[+]
 Bismarck.Raistlinratt
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Raistlinratt 2011-02-07 09:35:20  
 Leviathan.Solanis
user: Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-02-07 10:08:01  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

I'm totally with you on this, but I think it's definitely safe to say that a melee brd could outdamage a drk, for example. Not that it makes it okay, but just an interesting thought. For that matter, a whm could DEFINITELY outdamage a drk without even trying. Some traditional mage jobs are out-ranking clear melee classes in abyssea, ***'s crazy.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-07 10:09:42  
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

I'm totally with you on this, but I think it's definitely safe to say that a melee brd could outdamage a drk, for example. Not that it makes it okay, but just an interesting thought. For that matter, a whm could DEFINITELY outdamage a drk without even trying. Some traditional mage jobs are out-ranking clear melee classes in abyssea, ***'s crazy.
a kitten can out damage everything in Abyssea, but bring that "melee BRD" out into the real world and watch it whither and die.
[+]
 Leviathan.Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-02-07 10:44:23  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

a kitten can out damage everything in Abyssea, but bring that "melee BRD" out into the real world and watch it whither and die.

fortunately (since I love abyssea way more than old-world events) there isn't anything relevant outside abyssea. depending on how 91-99 pans out, that might change, but for now I'm trying to live in the abyssea moment. :D
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy 2011-02-07 11:05:36  
abyssea killed FF that's it , thx SE !!!

Brew brew brew for 200k cruors things

even noobest people can have abyshit items !!

Ninja 90 ask me yesterday about SATA working .... Good luck with that guys !!!!!

[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-07 11:21:53  
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

fortunately (since I love abyssea way more than old-world events) there isn't anything relevant outside abyssea. depending on how 91-99 pans out, that might change, but for now I'm trying to live in the abyssea moment. :D
thats fine, just dont cry when you come out of Abyssea and a dog fart one-shots you.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Bratislaboy 2011-02-07 11:24:20  
+1 Kungfuhustle
 Leviathan.Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-02-07 11:25:36  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

thats fine, just dont cry when you come out of Abyssea and a dog fart one-shots you.

I held multiple mobs in WOE yesterday on brd/whm alone just fine, whm is indestructible within reason for short stretches of time, and my main job is ukon war. I feel confident outside of abyssea :P
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-07 11:27:35  
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

I held multiple mobs in WOE yesterday on brd/whm alone just fine, whm is indestructible within reason for short stretches of time, and my main job is ukon war. I feel confident outside of abyssea :P
ok, I guess we'd have to feed the dog some chili so it will actually work on you :P
 Leviathan.Solanis
By Leviathan.Solanis 2011-02-07 11:45:31  
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ifrit.Kungfuhustle said:
Leviathan.Solanis said:
Ramuh.Sagittario said:
ok, I guess we'd have to feed the dog some chili so it will actually work on you :P

lol that would work on anyone!
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-02-07 11:46:48  
Ramuh.Sagittario said:

It wouldn't surprise me if a DD BRD can pull out better numbers than a SAM these days.

Plus you're a complete moron.
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2011-02-07 11:52:53  
the smell of cat fart could kill a fully merited shield PLD.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [34 days between previous and next post]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2011-03-13 06:44:43  

This is what I use.

Numbers are pretty random, but thats because of what songs I use. Don't think I've ever done "none song" numbers. Regardless, its really fun. :x
 Ramuh.Attribute
user: XGP0001
By Ramuh.Attribute 2011-03-13 06:47:58  
I was busting oldschool with Goods bard around 2K Evis. Now its probably even higher. Bard is a God soloer. If your *** just sleep, Utsu and Paeon.. You can never die. I solod my very first (whatever that wind dagger is called) from the Bird NM on the way to Aspid.