フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Paladin » Ochain
Ochain
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 Phoenix.Gustavve
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Gustavve
By Phoenix.Gustavve 2011-07-09 21:53:18  
Ahh it's from blocked TP moves not melee hits.

The only reason I was wondering was wondering is I did the kb ks99 pld + whm yesterday. He isn't dangerous at all with aegis. The enstun is reallllllyyyy annoying. I only ran my whm in for haste/ c5 + holy. I would say solo would be easy if you don't get unlucky with enstun procs. Took 22 mins with joyouse /war ridiing berserk. I was mostly in the standard pld DD gear. Swap in pdt while stun/mdt before met lands.

Like I said though, if not for the enstun it would be a total joke.

Sadly next time I'll go on thf + whm. Still looking for a use for my pld other than standing around in jeuno looking shinny. I just came back to the game about 2 months ago. I thought all this pld not having a place was the same talk at lvl 75. It's way worse now. I don't feel like pld is the issue but having a well geared whm tag alone char is. Almost anything I can on pld I can 2box war+whm or thf+whm and do it faster.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2011-07-09 23:18:06  
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
So any tp move including additional effects will not proc if block happens to procs? Or is this an Ochain exclusive thing

Not even done the first 2 trials for mine, just curious
Not sure if it's exclusive, but our PLD was tanking Apademak from the front with Ochain, Lithic Break wasn't much of a threat.
 Ragnarok.Martel
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-09 23:42:16  
The EN-effect block rumor most likely originates from Ironclads. Since their Melee hits are considered WSs a block prevents the stun/amnesia effect from landing. This would tend to make you think it should work on all en-effects. God I wish it did. <,<;
 Bahamut.Serj
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Serj
By Bahamut.Serj 2011-07-09 23:45:55  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:
So any tp move including additional effects will not proc if block happens to procs? Or is this an Ochain exclusive thing

Not sure if it's exclusive, but our PLD was tanking Apademak from the front with Ochain, Lithic Break wasn't much of a threat.

Why not tank it on the side? =?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-09 23:47:26  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bismarck.Josiahfk said:

I don't think lithic break is a physical WS. As such it can't be blocked, and the petrify won't be prevented.

Also, any shield can prevent add effects on WS. Ochain just blocks so much you're pretty much immune to the add effects.
By Quiznor 2011-07-09 23:56:55  
Someone go tank proto-omega as /WAR with an ochain and tell us if enstun procs when you block.Simple.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
サーバ: Bismarck
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-07-09 23:59:11  
Quote:
Someone go tank proto-omega as /WAR with an ochain and tell us if enstun procs when you block.Simple.

Yes it does. The same with Apademak.

Only tp moves effect, like Lethal Triclip from Buhkis and Braincrush from lizards are immune.

Normal attacks will proc.

Source:
I have ochain
By Quiznor 2011-07-10 00:00:37  
Bismarck.Kyokaku said:
Quote:

Yes it does. The same with Apademak.

Only tp moves effect, like Lethal Triclip from Buhkis and Braincrush from lizards are immune.

Normal attacks will proc.

Source:
I have ochain

Thank you ^_^
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-10 00:00:50  
I've tanked a number of en-effect mobs already. Apademak, warbler, adze, that en-doom tiger, etc. They all still *** you up with their en-effects.

The only time you block add effects on melee hits is if the mob's melee are considered ws. I.E. Ironclads, and shinryu.
 Bismarck.Helel
user: Billzey
By Bismarck.Helel 2011-07-10 00:25:32  
If you have ochain, why wouldn't you tank apademak from the back? Only uses plague swipe and you'd be immune to the bio/plague effect.
 Bismarck.Kyokaku
user: subakyo
By Bismarck.Kyokaku 2011-07-10 01:28:00  
I didn't say i didn't tank it from the back, because i do.

I was just using multiple mobs for example...
By Sakuhra 2011-07-20 10:44:34  
is it true that SE wants to make ochain "easier" and let more mobs drop the items oO?
 Odin.Brocovich
サーバ: Odin
user: Brocovich
By Odin.Brocovich 2011-07-24 04:21:45  
Short question: is there a reason to keep shield merits, if you have Ochain?
 Carbuncle.Asymptotic
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Asymptotic 2011-07-24 04:22:36  
Yeah, you should keep them for when you're using your Aegis.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-07-24 08:18:21  
Odin.Brocovich said:
Short question: is there a reason to keep shield merits, if you have Ochain?
If Ochain will be the only shield you use, there is no point for shield skill, neither in merits nor in gear.
Not like changing merits is a big deal nowadays but keep in mind other situations where you would want to use different shields, like for some wyrms (since they fly) or other things that SE might add in the future.

I wouldn't get rid of all shield skill stuff as of now.
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-24 09:11:30  
Even if you fulltime Ochain, I wouldn't drop shield skill merits. There are still mobs of a level high enough to drop your block rate below 100%. Keeping those merits allows for capped block rate on more mobs while wearing full DD gear.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-07-24 19:48:00  
Ragnarok.Martel said:
Even if you fulltime Ochain, I wouldn't drop shield skill merits. There are still mobs of a level high enough to drop your block rate below 100%. Keeping those merits allows for capped block rate on more mobs while wearing full DD gear.
Possible, yet, haven't heard of anything where blockrate isn't 100% so far. I don't have Ochain myself yet though, so only relying on info from other ppl.

Have you had a situation where you didn't block 100%?
 Ragnarok.Martel
By Ragnarok.Martel 2011-07-24 20:54:34  
Raja, for example, parsed at about 95% rather than 100%. Fleshflayer Killakriq also comes to mind. Saw several ~600 dmg non-crit melee hits that I'm inclined to say weren't blocked.

I can't speak for the higher voidwatch NMs and such, as I haven't fought them. But I suspect there are some you won't get 100% on.

So, there's not a whole lot of stuff where you don't cap block rate, but it does happen. I'd prefer to keep my shield merits and further reduce those occurrences. Just a matter of job priorities, I suppose.

It'd be great if there was a difference in the chat log for blocked hits. It'd make shield block rate testing massively easier.
 Asura.Tawhoya
サーバ: Asura
user: Tawhoya
By Asura.Tawhoya 2011-07-25 03:37:21  
Ragnarok.Martel said:
Raja, for example, parsed at about 95% rather than 100%. Fleshflayer Killakriq also comes to mind. Saw several ~600 dmg non-crit melee hits that I'm inclined to say weren't blocked.

I can't speak for the higher voidwatch NMs and such, as I haven't fought them. But I suspect there are some you won't get 100% on.

So, there's not a whole lot of stuff where you don't cap block rate, but it does happen. I'd prefer to keep my shield merits and further reduce those occurrences. Just a matter of job priorities, I suppose.

It'd be great if there was a difference in the chat log for blocked hits. It'd make shield block rate testing massively easier.

Interesting. I didn't think that shield skill had the level correlation effected on it. I'm only a pld-for-fun, but I'd like to know if I should gear shield skill for mob like I would eva as thf.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2011-07-25 03:55:38  
Yes you should. On a related note, I wasn't @100% block rate in Dynamis Bastok vs effigys.
 Carbuncle.Grandthief
By Carbuncle.Grandthief 2011-07-26 05:47:06  
Good to know guys, thanks for sharing.
By Blazed1979 2011-08-09 17:56:30  
I actually failed to block 6 attacks from Nidhogg today.
Was kinda confused wtf was happening when I saw "takes 457 points of dmg" 6 times in a row.
no, I wasn't terrorized
First Page 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9