Soooooo....SCH Sub Question For BRD!

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » Soooooo....SCH Sub Question for BRD!
Soooooo....SCH Sub Question for BRD!

| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2011-01-14 01:00:13  
iirc it puts you at B skill for your level, for whichever magic skills are associated with the arts you have active. If that makes sense. So yes, you could Dark Arts Manifestation Sleep on BRD with appropriate gear/atma/etc and you'd land it.
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2011-01-14 02:18:18  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
iirc it puts you at B skill for your level, for whichever magic skills are associated with the arts you have active. If that makes sense. So yes, you could Dark Arts Manifestation Sleep on BRD with appropriate gear/atma/etc and you'd land it.

I've seen it done a few times. It's really efficient and lasts longer than lullaby at times. Best used on light resistant mobs though.

SCH is the best BRD sub for quite a few situations imo.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Diabolos.Burmecia
サーバ: Diabolos
user: burmecia
By Diabolos.Burmecia 2011-01-14 02:59:58  
It's situational. I personally find myself using scholar sub a lot these days, and I honestly prefer it.

The only time I don't use it is when I need special 'na spells such as stona, or I'm going to need to put up bar spells because we don't have a whm, etc. But You can get a wide variety already from using addendum white, and just keeping up light arts boosts your enhancing up to make stoneskin and blink a bit more worthwhile.

Sometimes sublimation comes in as a great help as well, and I found it to be awesome for triggering my minstrel's ring when I want to use it. XD It's also great for those times you're up against a monster that seems to spam sleepga spells/abilities, and you keep running in at a bad time lol.

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Kara
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-14 04:09:55  
Personally I love sch as a sub but not on brd. I love subbing whm now because I can give marchx2 and haste to the nin I duo with a lot plus have cure4.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Leviathan.Draylo
user: Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-14 04:25:47  
Do whm first.. obvious reasons are what previous poster said. C4 and haste.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-14 04:26:32  
Just remember you need a strat to put up addendum white to use erase/nas. And switching to dark arts would erase that and you'd need a strat to AOE that sleep.

Upside you can AOE stoneskin now too :)
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-14 04:30:09  
Which is pretty minor compared to being able to cast haste and c4, easy access to na/erase and also access to flash which is a grellow proc/niche use. 350 dmg which is like one~two hits from most NMs, requires you to run into aoe range and wastes your charge which can be used for other purposes. Its a pretty inferior sub choice for brd compared to whm.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-14 04:31:22  
I can see some good situational uses but if you're BRDing strictly for support, it's pretty much /WHM all the way.

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Laffter
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Rocketpop
By Ramuh.Laffter 2011-01-14 04:36:30  
Asura.Kaitaru said:
I just figured getting capped Healing and Enhancing at my level would be nice rather than having it stuck at level 50 is all. Is it really not that much of a loss?
I'm sure people have said it before, but Healing Magic skill hardly matters.

As for Enhancing, you should be keeping track of when something wears off, not timing it based on your skill. As for SS, it's self-target and as a BRD that isn't pulling, you shouldn't be getting hit.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-14 04:39:40  
Yes it is worth it. C4 will still heal for 400+ with the right gear. Surya's staff +2, serpentes set is 27% potency on brd, not sure of other gear but that will boost you a bit. Haste is very beneficial for obvious reasons if there isn't another there to cast it or you could cast it on yourself. MP reduction stratagems are pretty useless when you rarely, if ever, run out of MP using c4 and whatever else a /whm would do with the right atma (MM).
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-14 04:40:35  
Asura.Kaitaru said:
I just figured getting capped Healing and Enhancing at my level would be nice rather than having it stuck at level 50 is all. Is it really not that much of a loss?
Enhancing skill is a joke unless you are using phalanx...I can cap stoneskin outside of abyssea pretty easy as a blu/rdm lol and most other things have no skill mod or don't matter. Healing skill is nice but meh.

C4 and haste is nice... if you ya know don't have a real healer I suppose and OP never really did state what she was using brd for so who knows /sch might actually be more useful for her.

As far as wasting charges for stoneskinga... generally speaking you don't switch arts often /sch so really that is one of the better uses for it and by the same reasoning your acess to nas is about the same. I mean faster casting sometimes has it's niches like say raising up people I guess after a wipe or semi wipe... lower casting really doesn't anymore

The only time those wouldn't be true is when you switch to dark arts to do things that /whm couldn't dream of doing so still a win in /schs corner.

And if you want to get into niche grellow stuff /whm gets you flash, banish(ga) II, while /sch gets you drain, aspir and dispel. So they kinda equal there unless you are going one of the days that it isn't both
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-14 04:40:57  
Also your SS won't be gimped because you will have a lot of gear choices/cruor buffs to get it to the cap (350, or higher with certain pieces).

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-14 04:56:31  
Asura.Kaitaru said:
Well what I was planning on using /sch for on BRD would be as support for a small group I plan to run with RL friends but It really seems like it depends. C4 and Haste is great and yet having a extra mana tank (sublimation)+ I rike skill caps. Meh, with ballad and mp refresh gear I doubt ill need sublimation anyway.

If you are going to support a small group on brd /whm is the way to go. Like I said earlier I duo with a nin and I'm the only healer. We kill NM's, xp etc. With the cure potency staff I cure4 for 471hp consistantly and I need to re-configure that a bit. But being able to cap out haste on people is very very nice.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-14 05:03:40  
Sublimation makes a nice free poison pot though :).

But if you were really concerned about mp you'd be /rdm anyways lol.

What you really need to ask yourself is are haste and C4 relavent to what you are doing. Haste is easy. Are you running with any rdms schs or whms? If so they got it. Cure 4 is more tricky but basically does your main healer handle the healing just fine in whatever it is you are doing?

Now ask yourself something like sleepga or dispel be useful for your group? Basically are you lacking blm rdm and sch. Though sometimes a 2nd dispel is really nice for mobs that love to spam buffs on themselves for locking them more or less into doing that... or fights with mobs that drain tons of buffs at once and kinda need to get them off fast.

Is giving weather to some people useful to you and you don't have a sch or another /sch? Or maybe even AOEing some nas, stoneskin, or even aquaveil.

What you really need to figure out is what other support are you bringing with you in your small group and work your subjobs around that. Fill in any gaps that might exist that might need filling in. Double up on some areas if needed if not go with something else
 Bahamut.Milamber
user: milamber
By Bahamut.Milamber 2011-01-14 05:05:44  
Asura.Kaitaru said:
Well what I was planning on using /sch for on BRD would be as support for a small group I plan to run with RL friends but It really seems like it depends. C4 and Haste is great and yet having a extra mana tank (sublimation)+ I rike skill caps. Meh, with ballad and mp refresh gear I doubt ill need sublimation anyway.

Generally speaking, if you need sublimation for the extra MP in a low-man situation(despite having refresh atma/temp items), you are already screwed.

If you have another healer, then sure, give /sch a try. But quite frankly, the only reason you *may* want to do this is if you are low manning linkable monsters, and are immune to light-based sleeps.

You also lose access to barspells, which can definitely be useful at times in low-man situations.

Bahamut.Kara
By Bahamut.Kara 2011-01-14 05:09:24  
BRD already gets sleepga and dispel. There are very few mobs in the game that resist lullaby. Also the great thing about brd songs is its really really hard to get interrupted casting them and they cast quickly (lullaby casts quickly and with atmas I cap song casting now). This is one of the reasons brd pullers kick ***, the ability to pull and sleep.

But yes it depends on what you are doing. Like I said perviously I love sch as a sub (especially on rdm) but not for brd.
 Leviathan.Draylo
By Leviathan.Draylo 2011-01-14 05:10:55  
Also another note, you won't gain access to Stona as /sch and in some fights where aoe petrify is a possibility, its nice to have more than one person removing petrification.

Post deleted by User.