users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » MAB Mayhem MarksmanshipTrials
MAB Mayhem MarksmanshipTrials
First Page 2
 Phoenix.Taruvoyant
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
By Phoenix.Taruvoyant 2011-01-06 23:43:32  
I started working on the MAB Mayhem today and blew through trials 905, 923, 924, and 925 in less than an hour. All were completed in Uleguerand Range.

I'm assuming Uleguerand Range will be the best place to complete most of my other trials as well, but I wanted to check just in case I'm forgetting something.

What would you consider to be the optimal areas/mobs/camp positions for the following trials?

(926) Demons x100
(927) Snolls x200
(1774) Amorphs x200
(1775) Bats x250
(2243) Demons x300

Also to be noted, I'm soloing all of it with no chance of level syncing.
 Valefor.Prothescar
Guide Master
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Prothescar 2011-01-07 00:02:10  
100 demons - demons in uleguarand
200 snolls - snolls in uleguarand
200 amorphs - worms in uleguerand
250 bats - bats in uleguerand
300 demons - demons in uleguerand

Yeah.
 Asura.Matzilla
サーバ: Asura
user: Caliber
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-07 00:04:46  
just make the wildfire woe gun @_@ its so easy man
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-07 00:04:53  
Why not go for WoE... hell even magnatus might be better for QD.
 Asura.Fondue
By Asura.Fondue 2011-01-07 00:06:33  
suckit das!
 Pandemonium.Ironguy
サーバ: Pandemonium
user: Ironguy
By Pandemonium.Ironguy 2011-01-07 01:30:16  

walk of echoes
[+]
 Phoenix.Taruvoyant
By Phoenix.Taruvoyant 2011-01-07 09:44:10  
I'd love the WoE gun, but at the rate I play, it would take forever to get! I figured the MAB gun would be a quick and decent alternative for the time being. With an emphasis on the "quick" part.

I guess I could always just plow through the MAB Mayhem and then slowly work on the Bedlam. Even though camping NMs makes me want to slit my wrists, it'll be the VNMs and Coins of Birth that hold me up. It's tough finding a group outside of LS event times that is willing to help.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-07 11:32:06  
Um... I bet you you could complete WoE faster than MAB gun... I mean look at all those kills that need to be done under weather or day... especially some of those mob types as eps.

Getting to the VNM stage should be way faster. I personally solo'd all the VNMs though duo+ was alot easier on that goddamn ram. I then ended up soloing or teaming up with random people there for most my coins
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-01-07 11:38:51  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Um... I bet you you could complete WoE faster than MAB gun... I mean look at all those kills that need to be done under weather or day... especially some of those mob types as eps.

Getting to the VNM stage should be way faster. I personally solo'd all the VNMs though duo+ was alot easier on that goddamn ram. I then ended up soloing or teaming up with random people there for most my coins

I finished the MAB gun in literally less then 24 hours. The entire thing in uleguerand is a joke. And at 90, there are weak mobs of all the types. Just remember: Tauri are demons. Theres about 4 tauri that are EP in one spot, and you can kill them about as fast as they repop, though you do have to do some running around for it.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-07 11:41:00  
Did you solo the whole thing? I got to VNM section in like 3 days or so. Most of that being bugbear being a ***... 18 hours for first pop... then instead of a PHer popping in it's place 16 min later a 2nd one popped lol
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-01-07 11:42:14  
Yes. Haste setup with joyeuse, slug shot.
 Quetzalcoatl.Trafalgar
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Sevin
By Quetzalcoatl.Trafalgar 2011-01-07 14:26:27  
Where in ule did you kill sheep I ran around and found none ??
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-01-07 18:17:35  
Sheep is the only one you cant do, i did caedarva karakuls
 Phoenix.Taruvoyant
By Phoenix.Taruvoyant 2011-01-07 20:07:31  
Yeah, I did sheep in the Mire, sorry about that.

I'm now working on bats in the Range. I'm doing the group of three Esbats in the tunnel to the west. They are low level EP and incredibly easy to kill. The problem is, they are only three of them. -.-; I did my worms in the same tunnel, but there were at least four pops of those.

As for the demons, I did my previous 100 in the Range, but some posters on Alla suggested going to the lower level of Castle ZB. Is the ice weather frequent enough there for that, or should I just stick to the Range?
 Phoenix.Taruvoyant
By Phoenix.Taruvoyant 2011-01-08 09:27:31  
Well, I finished my Mayhem +2 last night. It only took me under nine hours of total killing time. It would have been even faster if I had more mobs to kill. The worms and bats took the longest due to the small number of pops.

I ended up doing my demons in the basement of Castle ZB. Good Lord that was easy!! It blew Uleguerand Range out of the water! There are easily 30+ EP mobs there and they died within seconds of engaging. It took me under 45 minutes to finish the trial because the ice weather was constant and I got lucky halfway through when it turned to Iceday. I should have went there for my earlier 100 demon trial.

All in all, it was an incredibly easy path. I guess I over thought it a lot. But it's done, and now I can slowly start to work on my WoE gun.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions and help!

Also,
Pandemonium.Ironguy said:
{Huh?!}
 Asura.Matzilla
By Asura.Matzilla 2011-01-08 09:52:03  
GL man! bedlam is awesome '-')/ conflux 7 or gtfo!
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 10:30:24  
I still think you should try making WoE gun... I'm actually about to start on it again (yay for finally getting carabosse help a couple of weeks after making WoE gun lmao)
 Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kyrial
By Quetzalcoatl.Kyrial 2011-01-08 10:58:36  
Bahamut.Dasva said:

Did you not know that weather = 5 kills? And that every single one of those mob types (aside from the sheep for the very first trial) can be found in Uleguerand Range (and EP, at that), which has nearly constant ice weather? It's a hell of a lot faster than WoE gun. I did the INT/MAB sword (which was nearly identical to this gun, trial-wise) for Sanguine Blade, specifically because it was so quick and easy. And the entire thing can be soloed.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 11:08:13  
Can be and the speed of the kills are completely different. Have you even tried the WoE gun? You can afk the vast majority of the time camping super easy nms. And it is also 100% soloable :)
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-01-08 11:17:13  
I am intrigued. Explain more.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 11:21:24  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
I am intrigued. Explain more.
Which part? The kill mob set timer for repop and afk or the part about soloing the whole thing? I solod the vast majority of it on rng (ram can be annoying solo if you give it too much tp)
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-01-08 11:22:38  
On how you get the coins so easy
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 11:45:08  
Alexander.Tidusblitz said:
On how you get the coins so easy
There actually a few threads about... I did those on a better solo job of course. Basically just go to WoE and solo in 1 or 3. Make sure to get decently far away from mobs death points since their friends often go to that spot

Also ask your ls if anyone wants to come help. Though usually there are a few people there and tend to go spam 2. LIke 6 or so random people with little to no coordination can win flux 2
 Siren.Froggis
サーバ: Siren
user: Froggis
By Siren.Froggis 2011-01-08 15:47:54  
You solo'd the flesh vnm in xarc, Dasva? Without pinning? is pinning really legal now and I just missed the memo? lol
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 15:52:09  
Siren.Froggis said:
You solo'd the flesh vnm in xarc, Dasva? Without pinning? is pinning really legal now and I just missed the memo? lol
Lol of course I pinned it. I actually got a few of it done with a group that was trying to get T3 pop which made it alot faster since I could do non pinning zones.

SE itself has never specfically put out that pinning is against the rules and the GMs say both yes and no. Even the exact same GM has said both... and regardless it's not illegal unless someone GMs you and the worst that will happen will be them telling you to stop that time and then you can do it again next pop lol
 Phoenix.Taruvoyant
By Phoenix.Taruvoyant 2011-01-08 20:25:21  
So I'm 1/30 on Coins of Birth after four hours of WoE. And I haven't even started the initial NM trials yet...

Nine hours for an entire Mayhem +2 vs. probably months of Bedlam +2.

Hmm... I'm not sure how long I can stick this one out. >.<;
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-08 20:44:53  
Bad luck happens... it speeds when other people show up and you can actually win a flux. I've already finished the first nm today though would've gone faster if I hadn't napped alot of the time lol. It was maybe 3 actual hours of camping and most of them was that first annoying spawn (someone had probably just killed it :( )

Still kinda mad I can't just back track my bedlam +2

Don't worry though the better QDs and wildfire are worth it. That ws is friggin amazing
By richwood 2011-01-08 21:15:21  
I have cor with full merits I used to play a lot during the bird camp days, would love to see some folks post their full gear sets/or best possible gear for QD build. Items sets FTW...GO!
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2011-01-08 21:41:01  
dont play COR much since lv80 update
this is what i got
planning bedlam+2 trial after i finish revenant fists
 Phoenix.Taruvoyant
By Phoenix.Taruvoyant 2011-01-08 21:43:00  
I'm sure Bedlam +2 is great, but dealing with all the leechers in WoE is exhausting. There were six solo players all in the same run as my party at one point today.

I also just had a WHM with Decay in his /seacom purposely outlot me because I outlotted his DNC friend. He then proceeded to make fun of me and laugh. The joys of the FFXI community!
First Page 2