フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Dark Knight » Torcleaver Math
Torcleaver Math
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
Game: FFXI
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 15:09:40  
Sylph.Starstrukk said:
Odin.Zicdeh said:
I've heard different things, but seen nothing, can the Occ. Deals Double Damage process on Weapon Skills for Empyreans?

Not that a negative answer would sway me from my path, but I want to know for sure. Cara(23/50) CC(20/50)

A bit late, but nope no procs on WS.

Are you sure... I Just saw a friend of mine do a 9871 Torcleaver with Caladbolg... lol. (Not lolbrewed) That's either Occ2x DMG or EAF set proc (Only had 3 pieces on for WS, Legs/Feet/Hands).
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-29 15:13:34  
Triple Attack?
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-12-29 15:14:27  
Phoenix.Fredjan said:
Triple Attack?

(Quoted the wrong post in previous one, my bad)Fix'd
Maybe, that still seems awefully high for a triple attack, Maybe triple attack 300tp..?
 Valefor.Setsugekka
サーバ: Valefor
user: Nameless
By Valefor.Setsugekka 2010-12-29 15:47:12  
Yea, seem too high to be triple attack. It looks more like a AF set effect proc.
 Phoenix.Fredjan
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Fredjan
By Phoenix.Fredjan 2010-12-29 16:08:59  
300% TA with AF3 proc.
Sounds rare as hell...
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Gilgamesh.Sanders
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Sanders
By Gilgamesh.Sanders 2011-01-30 11:35:29  
I've been juggling options for good Torcleaver builds. I know this has been already discussed, but does anyone have theirs somewhat decided and is willing to share? Really appreciated.
 Sylph.Rorrick
サーバ: Sylph
user: Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-30 11:38:25  
VIT.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
サーバ: Bahamut
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-30 11:44:13  
att
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-30 11:50:06  
DRK is the last job that should be struggling to cap pDIF, but if you are, VIT where you can get a lot of it and attack where you can't (back slot comes to mind).

No idea how stuff like Ares Cuirass compares to Twilight body when attack isn't capped, but you really shouldn't have that problem on DRK.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-30 11:55:07  
Actually I think war would be... also it's not as easy as you might think if you litterally go all out on vit especially on nms. But kinda hard to tell since there isn't alot of numbers on mob defense out there.

Idk pretty much every Torcleaver drk I've heard says rather att is important. But maybe they don't /war :)

Most other jobs aren't struggling to cap pdif they aren't even trying because it's way too far away on most anything worthwhile unless you are throwing alot of attack buffs on them and alot of def down on the mob. Remember ratio for 2hders caps at 2.2. Ie you have 2.2X more att then the mob has def. Considering lolibri had a def in the low 300s I wouldn't doubt most current xp mobs being in the low 400s
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-30 11:59:15  
Every DRK is /MNK now so they can Boost.

Edit: There are a few places where you can't get decent amounts of VIT anyway (back and hands spring to mind immediately) so the two aren't necessarily mutually exclusive to one another. Attack shouldn't be overlooked but neither should the VIT mod.
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-30 12:00:04  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Every job is /MNK now so they can counterstance tank.
ftfy :)
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-30 12:01:37  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Every job is /MNK now so they can half-assed counterstance tank.
ftfy :)

Fixed.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-30 12:06:31  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Every DRK is /MNK now so they can Boost.

I didn't know there was that big of a lack of mnks across all servers. I can see the shell w/o a mnk using a drk/mnk tank for something, I suppose, but every drk being /mnk is just ridiculous. /mnk is a back up plan, if you have a mnk step back and let em do it right.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2011-01-30 12:18:15  
I'd rather just have an evasion tank or even a pld over some random dd/mnk for halfassed counterstance tanking. Can't be that hard to find 1 competent mnk thf nin or dnc lol.
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-30 12:29:18  
If you're subbing MNK to counterstance tank, someone else probably has hate and you're wasting your subjob.
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-30 12:32:40  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
If you're subbing MNK to counterstance tank, someone else probably has hate and you're wasting your subjob.
 Gilgamesh.Sanders
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Sanders
By Gilgamesh.Sanders 2011-01-30 13:05:46  
DRK/MNK for boost, counter, and vit. Got it.

I'll scrap caladbolg for verethragna, also.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2011-01-30 13:27:25  
Gilgamesh.Sanders said:
DRK/MNK for boost, counter, and vit. Got it.

I'll scrap caladbolg for verethragna, also.
I see success in your future.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-30 15:02:41  
Every DRK plays WAR WHM MNK or NIN fixed!

I havent played drk in months except in dynamis makes me emo x:

Abyssea really comes down to how useful you are and I low man everything with 3-4 people isnt much room for my Drk, I am usually on WHM or WAR for procs.

Also for Torcleaver I do prefer attack believe it or not DRK can have issues hitting the attack cap! Especially once you start hitting higher level mobs then Torcleaver really starts to do crap Damage, I might actually start working on Redemption for High Defense stuffs, i'm already done with the trial weapon, but Chloris path kinda sucks.

Friend of mine finished Vere last night, we went 30 hours straight finishing her Stage II sexy h2h is sexy!
 Quetzalcoatl.Volkom
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: volkom
By Quetzalcoatl.Volkom 2011-01-30 21:34:35  
Fenrir.Gradd said:
Every DRK plays WAR WHM MNK or NIN fixed! I havent played drk in months except in dynamis makes me emo x: Abyssea really comes down to how useful you are and I low man everything with 3-4 people isnt much room for my Drk, I am usually on WHM or WAR for procs. Also for Torcleaver I do prefer attack believe it or not DRK can have issues hitting the attack cap! Especially once you start hitting higher level mobs then Torcleaver really starts to do crap Damage, I might actually start working on Redemption for High Defense stuffs, i'm already done with the trial weapon, but Chloris path kinda sucks. Friend of mine finished Vere last night, we went 30 hours straight finishing her Stage II sexy h2h is sexy!
Oh come'on Gradd! you got to think outside the box with drk =3
Drk is not as useless if you have the the halloween polearm or the samurai thingy event's great katana

if you're subbing warrior you get access to raiden's thrust, and if you have great katana merits (atleast 6) then you get jinpu. its not great but it does help if you want to do a little bit more with Drk in abyssea.
as for getting redemption...you could always pray to the SE gods and win rank 1 prize and pick it >:D
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-31 00:50:23  
I did outparse a Vere, Bravura and an Apoc tonight in dyna tho! Calad destroys outside Abyssea pretty violently I must say :O
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-31 01:35:46  
Dynamis/Einherjar/anything that dies instantly isn't a place where MNK should be.

Congrats on beating relics and a MNK that shouldn't have been on MNK.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-31 01:59:20  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
Dynamis/Einherjar/anything that dies instantly isn't a place where MNK should be.

Are you HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE? Vere is pretty brutal even outside of Abyssea, altho you havent played in 6 months ill give you that atleast, Retardation forgiven~

The MNK parsed 2nd, VS will average 2k w/ proper buffs.

Seriously is anything you post even remotely smart?
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-31 02:11:08  
I don't need to play to understand that DoT damage is worthless when two handers with Meditate and five hits are oneshotting everything. How about you pull your Caladbolg out of your *** and use your own brain a little.
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-31 02:12:51  
You are an idiot thats all it comes down too dude, nothing you say is ever right in any post you make lol.

Constant 2k WS from Victory Smite and Double Damage aftermath is more than enough to completley destroy just about every non-empyrean DD, if you are arguing that then there is something wrong.
[+]
 Alexander.Tidusblitz
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Tidusblitz 2011-01-31 02:19:40  
[+]
 Sylph.Rorrick
By Sylph.Rorrick 2011-01-31 02:24:32  
I'll try and spell this out for you.

In places like Einherjar and Dynamis, where everything dies instantly and you're only getting a couple hits on each mob, MNK is not a good job. Other jobs are weaponskilling twice as often as a MNK is before considering Meditate, whoever is the main assist has an advantage, and engage/disengage kills the delay advantage MNK has. If you honestly can't see why that's not an optimal situation for MNK, then how else to explain it to you.

I'm not saying Vereth is bad (it's better than Caladbolg), and I didn't say it wouldn't destroy non-Emp DDs (it does, clearly). I said MNK is not a good job for environments like Einherjar and Dynamis. FYI, Vereth aftermath only procs on the offhand, and since you're both using an Empyrean that's a moot consideration in the first place (plus it's off more than it's on in places like Einherjar anyway).

Congratulations, you beat a handicapped person and a bunch of relics. If that's what it takes to make you feel good about DRK then whatever.
[+]
 Fenrir.Mankey
By Fenrir.Mankey 2011-01-31 02:26:04  
Sylph.Rorrick said:
I don't need to play to understand that DoT damage is worthless when two handers with Meditate and five hits are oneshotting everything. How about you pull your Caladbolg out of your *** and use your own brain a little.
Rorrick should only be allowed to play PUP, and then the automation should be the only thing allowed to make decisions, Vana would be a better place
[+]
 Fenrir.Gradd
By Fenrir.Gradd 2011-01-31 02:28:29  
Sylph.Rorrick said:

Orly

So what non-empyrean Job should they have been on?
[+]