users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Valefor » Hacked!!
Hacked!!
 Valefor.Liemray
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
user: Liemray
By Valefor.Liemray 2010-11-24 01:09:23  
So, I don't normally post on here so.. On November 23rd, my account was accessed by someone other than myself, and to my knowledge from my linkshell members, was being a straight *** to the some if not all of, my linkshell members. I apologized to them and I can't help but to think it may have happened to my friends outside of the linkshell, or random people outside of the linkshell. If you've had a bad run in with Liemray that night I do apologize to anyone that had a run in with the person trying to get "revenge" as they said against me. I don't have much ill feelings towards many people, but I do want to clear the air with those that had a run in.

Other than that I do thank those that did try to some extent to get the situation addressed and thank you, specially to the person that got my account locked before much more damage was done. Sorry again to those that had a run in, and thanks again to those that came runnin!
[+]
 Phoenix.Shiomi
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Shiomi
By Phoenix.Shiomi 2010-11-24 01:16:47  
When I hack accounts the first thing I do is soil to good name of the person I've hacked. Not send all the money items to my account and all the gil. But thats just me...

Who the *** does that? Is it just me or does this seem weird? Did you know the hacker or something?
[+]
 Valefor.Liemray
By Valefor.Liemray 2010-11-24 01:24:13  
Well from what I was told, the person was trying to sell the majority of things I got, some of my most valuable things on me couldn't be mailed though either, for instance my Novio was attempted to be sold.

I was kind of leaning on knowing the person but then again, the revenge part threw me off because I really don't do much, or talk to anyone outside of my linkshell. But thanks to those people that were I guess trying to talk to the person? Someone was able to get a GM to lock the account.
[+]
 pie
By pie 2010-11-24 01:25:42  
was talking to a friend who saw ur char tryn to sell a Novio, he spoke to your char n told me seemed as if ud been hacked. said he was getting revenge, then promptly dc'd.. havent seen em since. made a GM call said it was already being looked into. Hope it works out for you.
[+]
 Valefor.Liemray
By Valefor.Liemray 2010-11-24 01:34:02  
Thanks for the GM call about what's happened, I'm sure it would work out for me. Considering thanks to all the calls or linkshell member they locked my account, don't mind if they don't give me what was lost back, if anything was lost at all. But I'm sure the Novio is still on hand, doubt it would sell that fast. Only thing I would be worried about is getting the account back without having the CD codes lol and hoping none of this is reflected at iMoogle. Thank you again, Pibe
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-24 01:37:47  
pie said:
was talking to a friend who saw ur char tryn to sell a Novio, he spoke to your char n told me seemed as if ud been hacked. said he was getting revenge, then promptly dc'd.. havent seen em since. made a GM call said it was already being looked into. Hope it works out for you.

I apologize for being irrelevant to the subject matter at hand; however, you sir have perhaps the greatest account name of all time.
[+]
 Valefor.Fistandantilus
user: Fisty
By Valefor.Fistandantilus 2010-11-24 01:46:38  
Hey liemray,

I am pibes friend :)

I talked to whoever it was a long time and figured out it wasnt you. Kept talking to him with a Gm call going. All I can tell you is that the GM said it was under investigation.

I can tell you when Liemray red dotted you still had novio, cerbs mantle, and something he was selling for over 2mil. I asked for the novio for free since he said he was said he was trying to get revenge for you. I told him I got mine for 5mil and he said he would take best offer. When I asked how long he had till he got caught with his "hacked account" he said he was Liemray. So I asked him what I told you I bought my novio for he clammed up and then red dotted. Havent seen it since.

Hope everything works out.
Take care
Fist
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-24 01:50:32  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Valefor.Liemray said:
So, I don't normally post on here so.. On November 23rd, my account was accessed by someone other than myself, and to my knowledge from my linkshell members, was being a straight *** to the some if not all of, my linkshell members.

Oh, sorry about that, that was me.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-24 02:16:50  
Security token, etc.
[+]
 Cerberus.Leoxtribal
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Nixvalley
By Cerberus.Leoxtribal 2010-11-24 02:25:15  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Security token, etc.
haha thats a scam. People still get hacked with that bs.
[+]
 Fenrir.Weewoo
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-11-24 02:31:55  
Cerberus.Leoxtribal said:
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Security token, etc.

Though it is true that it is still possible to be hacked with a security token active; it still significantly decreases the odds of being hacked or compromised in comparison to not having one.

The security of your account ultimately comes down to your common sense and general precautions when it comes to handling and containing information.
[+]
 Sylph.Lotusbluete
サーバ: Sylph
user: Katniss
By Sylph.Lotusbluete 2010-11-24 02:48:40  
Valefor.Liemray said:
So, I don't normally post on here so.. On November 23rd, my account was accessed by someone other than myself, and to my knowledge from my linkshell members, was being a straight *** to the some if not all of, my linkshell members. I apologized to them and I can't help but to think it may have happened to my friends outside of the linkshell, or random people outside of the linkshell. If you've had a bad run in with Liemray that night I do apologize to anyone that had a run in with the person trying to get "revenge" as they said against me. I don't have much ill feelings towards many people, but I do want to clear the air with those that had a run in.

when i first read this i wanted to ask you if you were drunk and cant remember.

one day after i came home drunk after partying i played a bit but didnt remember anything the next day. i logged in and my whole inventory, MH, satchel etc was a mess and apparently i tossed all my linkpearls when i was trying to equip them.

good times!

anyway, i hope youll get your account back soon.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Hohenheim
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Hohenheim
By Leviathan.Hohenheim 2010-11-24 03:10:43  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Security token, etc.

Who bought it for the security? Mog satchel go! I token was just an extra, meh I might as well use it sort of a thing.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-11-24 10:22:33  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
Security token, etc.
It really is just about impossible to be hacked with a security token and a decently secure pol password that gets updated every so often.

The people who get hacked with that "bs" are people who are HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE and get key loggers on their machines, programs that redirect their login from SE to another server and their information sent off to the hackers. These are people, I assume, are looking for bots, cheats or whatever on shady third party FFXI sites. Not always, but I would venture to guess most of the time.

Leviathan.Hohenheim said:
Who bought it for the security?
I did when accounts were being hacked left and right about a year and a half or two years ago. Guess what? I haven't been hacked.
 Valefor.Liemray
By Valefor.Liemray 2010-11-24 19:23:14  
Hey Fist! Thanks for all you done man, and those others that played some part in it lol. I wasn't drunk though, I wasn't even home lol. I had got a text from my linkshells co-leader asking if it was me on, saying my character was on and out of the linkshell, my first thought was maybe they just saw my character afk outside of the shell. But as it progressed I was told the person on was talking to, and being a *** to members.

Then was asked to see if my password and such was still the same, which turns out it wasn't so I made my way home, few blocks away Co-lead texted me again, saying Sirerick was able to get a GM to do something, GM supposedly locked my account and emailed me a link to go to and get the lock removed I'm guessing. Guess the amount of calls made the GMs do something or the person slipped up and said something he/she shouldn't have. Maybe got smart in the end as to why they tried to claim it was Liemray?

As for the tokens though, I think someone that is in my linkshell has been waiting for months for them to come back into stock. I don't really bother with those because knowing my luck I would probably lose it somewhere or something lol. Thanks again Fist, Pibe, and rest!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Leviathan.Catnipthief
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Fyyvoaa
By Leviathan.Catnipthief 2010-11-24 19:30:47  
Lakshmi.Hypnotizd said:
false sense of security token, etc.

ftfy
 Valefor.Liemray
By Valefor.Liemray 2010-11-24 19:54:17  
Thank you, Celeana
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-11-24 20:17:51  
If I wanted to be a douche to everyone I liked and not let them know it was me, I'd so play the hacked card lol.
 Valefor.Liemray
By Valefor.Liemray 2010-11-24 20:22:02  
I'm sure some people would, if I'ma be a douche, I would be but wouldn't hide behind it. I wouldn't risk losing things I've spent time working for, more or less my account.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Valefor.Hybra
user: Exoda
By Valefor.Hybra 2010-11-26 04:24:38  
i hacked your account because you dissed my NQ staves.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-11-26 17:22:33  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
If I wanted to be a douche to everyone I liked and not let them now it was me, I'd so play the hacked card lol.

edit:gotcha!
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-11-26 17:38:38  
Valefor.Celeana said:
I'm glad you got your account back Liemray
may as well learn not to share account information to anyone, even if you say you didn't
 Cerberus.Nutt
サーバ: Cerberus
user: zuriel
By Cerberus.Nutt 2010-11-26 18:20:15  
It's probably someone you know.
 Lakshmi.Emanuelle
user: Minipie
By Lakshmi.Emanuelle 2010-11-26 19:07:09  
only way to get hacked is by sharing your account information , i have been playing this game since 2004 i learned a lot, unless you have a computer with no antivirus or open a pishing website that scams you asking for password and POLID, but keyloggers are very easy to dectect , i honestly do not believe anyone who said that their account got hacked and they diud not shared account info, a lot of dumb linskhell members trust their accounts to others, and that is very dumb, you do not share your stuff unless is a rl friend that you know where it lives