2010-06-21
New Items
users online
\"
 Unicorn.Claquesous
サーバ: Unicorn
Game: FFXI
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-02-10 10:06:11  
On my page, my profile comment shows up correctly but under Linkshell view the quote is preceded by a '\'.
 Garuda.Wooooodum
サーバ: Garuda
user: Wooooodum
By Garuda.Wooooodum 2009-02-10 10:13:03  
What's causing this is the quote mark at the start of your comment.

This site is coded using PHP and MySQL, and quotes are commonly used to signify the start or end of a code. When something is entered with quotes, slashes are used to tell the server parser not to treat the quoted text or command as a code.

You didn't add this in presumeably, but the linkshell pages look pretty full of tricks and codes. Pretty much every coder makes it so these slashes are added automatically where applicable (very commonly on data that is entered by user input, such as your comment).

When the comment displays on the linkshell page, presumeably it's coded to put these slashes in to make sure the quote marks don't close any segments of code early. You'll also notice there are slashes in front of the closing quote marks as well!

It's not a serious bug, but easily fixed. Well spotted! Hope my explanation helped.
 Pandemonium.Luignata
サーバ: Pandemonium
user:
By Pandemonium.Luignata 2009-02-10 10:20:39
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

stripslashes(). :)
 Unicorn.Claquesous
サーバ: Unicorn
By Unicorn.Claquesous 2009-02-10 16:56:54  
Yeah, I've wrestled with this bug numerous times myself. I can certainly understand how it slipped through here.