What To Skill Up On At 25?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Trade Skills » Leatherworker » what to skill up on at 25?
what to skill up on at 25?
By Dysfunctional 2010-10-29 05:41:33  
Well I'm 25 Leather. I used Sheepskin / Dodo Skin vamps pretty much all the way to 25. @ 25 Dodo skin Vamps give ***skill up. Buffalo leather gives 300+ but blows up way to much. With buffalo leather not being very abundant I'm not really sure what I should be trying to skill on at thsi level.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-10-29 06:44:11  
Dysfunctional said:
Well I'm 25 Leather. I used Sheepskin / Dodo Skin vamps pretty much all the way to 25. @ 25 Dodo skin Vamps give ***skill up. Buffalo leather gives 300+ but blows up way to much. With buffalo leather not being very abundant I'm not really sure what I should be trying to skill on at thsi level.
Are you getting support for the buffalo leather? Unless you're ridiculously high over the level of the synth, you need support for leather, need master support for dying it. You shouldn't be failing buffalo leather all that much (unless you're synthing on low moon cycle) I've been doing it since 23 (started dying it at 24 via Hasty Hand, had about a 40% success rate on it)

I guess it depends on how much money you have to waste/time to farm. If you have the time to farm, farm buffalo skins, find a woodworker to make the chips for you and synth on full moon, or damned close to it. If you have the money to waste, buy the skins/leather (just do a shout for it) either of these routes you take you'll still be doing the same thing in the end, which is buffalo leather spetches/straps, leather shoulder guards are still a bit out of my range, I bust way too frequently (at least for me, it's only about 25% rate) for me to mess with it, but they give up to and over 300RP to a 24 tanner.

If you're broke AND don't wanna farm, your best bet will probably be dodoskin harnesses, they NPC for 5k, which unless you're over paying for mats/shards, is still a profit, and you don't have 100 body peices that will take months to sell clogging up your inventory. Trapper's hats and leather tool belts are also another option if just making leather, spetches and straps doesn't appeal to you.. You'll likely need to go to grid and get master support and hasty hand the black buffalo leather, only do it on a full moon, and be prepared to only get half of what you put in.

At this point, there really isn't a lot to choose from.. You could try dodoskin crakows, I was unable to make them at all at 23, the synth is relatively cheap (as long as you know an alchemist to make you the soles)
 Alexander.Lunay
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Lunay
By Alexander.Lunay 2010-10-29 07:44:24  
Not sure how much skill points you get at 25+ but you could also try Hippogryph Sinew Cord.
By deadfire 2010-10-29 10:26:22  
Get Buffalo Hides from Wolfs in Coerthas and skill up to leather > vamps like the dodo. About to hit rank 29.
By Dysfunctional 2010-10-29 18:15:59  
Thanks for the replies. I have a cpl things to consider now. I hadnt thought about NPCing Dodoskin harnesses. Dodoskin crakows I went 2 for 5 at 24 havent tried again at 25. Dodoskin skirts give 300ish at 25 and can sell for 50k on Kashuan. But they dont sell super fast. I will check to see what SP dodoskin HArness gives at 25. I'm just not crazy about blowing up Buffalo as its not like blowing up Dodoskin which is super cheap.
By deadfire 2010-10-29 18:24:50  
Buffalo Hides aren't that rare off the wolfs in Coerthas. The entrance is near Camp Emerald Moss. Can be killed duo DD/Conjurer 21+.
By deadfire 2010-10-29 18:25:40  
Edit: Go to Tanners Guild and get master support and at 25 it will be a low chance to smash.
By Dysfunctional 2010-11-01 15:25:58  
hit 26 Today. have about 5 stacks of buff hides and 4 stacks of leather. going to grid today gonna grind until my eyes bleed
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [171 days between previous and next post]
By beastmasterlui 2011-04-21 03:34:32  
Having great luck with Dodoskin Cesti Covers. Requires a little bit of prep work, but it's surprisingly easy considering the alternatives.