Why Do I See Almost NO Corsairs?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Why do I see almost NO Corsairs?
Why do I see almost NO Corsairs?
First Page 2 3
 Phoenix.Authority
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Authority
By Phoenix.Authority 2010-10-22 23:04:02  
Very quick question, basically just the title. Why are Corsairs one of the least played classes? Just curious if its the cost or what the deal is? Overall it looks fun, but I've never played it.

Any input?
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-22 23:05:51  
Because BRD's are nearly as rare and generally more desirable.

Not to say COR's are bad, but yeah.
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 23:06:33  
Fun job, slightly expensive, and what fli said.
The use of a BRD usually goes beyond COR.
[+]
 Caitsith.Zefiris
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-10-22 23:06:41  
I <3 Cor. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrg~
[+]
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-22 23:09:44  
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 23:13:06  
Basically, most people prefer Slow+50% and Haste songs vs some fast cast/refresh and slow+10%. COR is a lovely edition to BLM parties though, RNG parties too.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-22 23:15:30  
I'm lvling it now but mostly as a subjob.

Also if more cors actually shot so they could make up a decent amount of dmg people might like them more.

Or if more cors knew how (or even knew that you could) enhance debuffs with QD and actually did it.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-10-22 23:16:42  
I find COR's incredibly incompetent most of the time, most of the time they can't even keep rolls up.
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Smark
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Smark
By Gilgamesh.Smark 2010-10-22 23:21:13  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Most COR probably have another endgame job they can play and like it was said, BRD is an all around better support spot than COR is 8/

This is it right here. By far Corsair is my favorite job. Every time I go to ask for what job to gear up for the event, I get a response of "Black Mage. Black Mage. or everyone's favorite, Black Mage." Also Atmas has messed up Corsair's game with Abyssea. Not saying that Corsair cant improve the Atma's, but if you're just doing Wizard and Warlock's roll for the Black Mages, Why not just throw another one in it's place. /sigh Poor Corsair.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 23:23:34  
I keep my rolls up and shoot :< but really, in the case of keeping up rolls, it can be a little tough at times. Usually if your party is knowledgeble about where to stand etc, you can keep up rolls well, but when a RNG is standing next to a WHM, they more than likely aren't going to get a roll, unless I manage to get at 7.9' yalms from them (Which is annoying on it's own).
 Shiva.Thebasicbeat
By Shiva.Thebasicbeat 2010-10-22 23:29:24  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
I keep my rolls up and shoot :< but really, in the case of keeping up rolls, it can be a little tough at times. Usually if your party is knowledgeble about where to stand etc, you can keep up rolls well, but when a RNG is standing next to a WHM, they more than likely aren't going to get a roll, unless I manage to get at 7.9' yalms from them (Which is annoying on it's own).
agreed, it's not really a cor's ability to keep up rolls that's the problem, it's a party's ability to not understand what crowd control is especially when you have a one minute recast on cor rolls vs. 5-10 seconds on brd songs.
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-22 23:34:39  
It's not always so easy to stay in the right position at the right time. That's why I like cors that announce they are going to roll.

Cause no matter what job I'm on chances are I have to move around a bit lol
[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 23:34:53  
Shiva.Thebasicbeat said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
agreed, it's not really a cor's ability to keep up rolls that's the problem, it's a party's ability to not understand what crowd control is especially when you have a one minute recast on cor rolls vs. 5-10 seconds on brd songs.
Exactly, thank you.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 23:36:38  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
It's not always so easy to stay in the right position at the right time. That's why I like cors that announce they are going to roll. Cause no matter what job I'm on chances are I have to move around a bit lol
I've never really seen an COR that gives a 5 second warning before they roll. Unless you mean a p chat macro, so you can run in before they double up (Which usually happens 1 second after the roll)
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-22 23:38:19  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
It's not always so easy to stay in the right position at the right time. That's why I like cors that announce they are going to roll. Cause no matter what job I'm on chances are I have to move around a bit lol
I've never really seen an COR that gives a 5 second warning before they roll. Unless you mean a p chat macro, so you can run in before they double up (Which usually happens 1 second after the roll)
I've only seen one and it was nice.
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 23:43:13  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I've only seen one and it was nice.
I could see that being nice, but anywho, when people do happen to be running around like maniacs, I usually equip Luzaf's Ring for the widespread DD's rolls, and then proceed to give the mage(s) their rolls w/o Luzafs, or if the mages are spread out as well, I usually just go to my favorite of the two ;3

Caitsith.Kilorilo said:
COR does far less dmg than a good RNG, and with Atmas/cruor buffs rolls are far less useful now.
I'm not even going to bother...
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-23 00:19:15  
BRD COR DNC is great in a melee party, but the order of usefulness goes in the order of BRD > DNC > COR as the game stands right now. For ***you can't melee usually one or two BRDs is fine, and COR isn't a necessity.
[+]
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-23 00:23:37  
most cor's show up to pt naked and can't even keep up 2 rolls D:
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-10-23 00:25:48  
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-23 00:28:59  
Siren.Flunklesnarkin said:
I knew a cor that didn't use a single bullet since like lvl 30 or so lol.

And I'd actually rate him as one of the better cors I've been with
[+]
 Leviathan.Niniann
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-23 00:35:33  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:

Hahahahaha~ :3
サーバ: Siren
By Siren.Flunklesnarkin 2010-10-23 00:35:52  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I knew a cor that didn't use a single bullet since like lvl 30 or so lol.

And I'd actually rate him as one of the better cors I've been with

that would mean he could keep 2 rolls up id assume which most can't
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-23 00:46:30  
Bahamut.Dasva said:
I knew a cor that didn't use a single bullet since like lvl 30 or so lol. And I'd actually rate him as one of the better cors I've been with
that would mean he could keep 2 rolls up id assume which most can't
Sometimes even 3!
 Sylph.Kimble
By Sylph.Kimble 2010-10-23 00:59:50  
Its an expensive job to play and generally most CORs are stupid and suck at the job.

They either are lazy, or slap on /WHM and try and play it like a BRD.

Shoot people. Don't be cheap.
[+]
 Ramuh.Ilvex
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Ilvex
By Ramuh.Ilvex 2010-10-23 01:20:14  
/sigh
I why have I been lfp for like 4 weeks soloing on 70 cor
:(
 Bahamut.Dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-23 01:28:20  
Ramuh.Ilvex said:
/sigh
I why have I been lfp for like 4 weeks soloing on 70 cor
:(
/comfort
 Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Milliniar
By Quetzalcoatl.Milliniar 2010-10-23 02:30:22  
Sylph.Tigerwoods said:
yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Fenrir.Weewoo
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Weewoo 2010-10-23 03:09:49  
Having been a full time Corsair in the past, several reasons why they are a rare sight include but are not limited to:

1) It's expensive (Food, Bullets, Tools, Cards, Numerous sets, etc.)

2) It can be somewhat challenging in that you have multiple duties including keeping tabs on several buffs for two separate groups, pulling, DPS, debuff enhancement with QD, sleep/dispel, etc.
Sadly most fools can barely keep two rolls up per group let alone do decent damage or dispel/sleep or pull in a timely manner. Don't let anyone tell you it's cake to do it all at once.

3)Many don't understand the concept of gambling and taking risk for the sake of bettering your group. Too many fools simply stop at 6 because they're too chicken ***to take the chance to hit the jackpot.
It helps to have snake eye or fold capped, but sometimes there is simply no excuse to live with mediocrity every roll. If you want static effects play bard. At least that way you can use elegy and pull more efficiently.

4) Generally BRD is your bread and butter buff job. They simply bring more to the table such as elegy, faster recasts, more gear suitable for backup heals if not /nin, haste without affecting TP gain, and more. It's hard go wrong with a bard, but there's plenty to lose if your COR can't step up to duty.

However, this by no means should discourage you from playing perhaps one of the most useful and fun to play classes in the game.
I mean who wouldn't wanna sling guns, roll the dice, drink rum and say Arrrggh!?!

Motivation:
[+]
First Page 2 3