2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Question about Navarch's Bottes +1
Question about Navarch's Bottes +1
By zwjl 2010-10-22 14:19:16  
According to wiki):

Enhances "Quick Draw" effect:
10% damage bonus for each Quick Draw of the same element used in succession.
Must be used within 15 seconds to activate bonus damage.

I have not yet unlocked the +1 feet (i'm 6/8 on seals so should be able to test very shortly), but I interpret this definition of how they work to mean that as long as the same elemental card is used a stacking 10% bonus will keep occurring (mainly from the words "for each" and "in succession").

Am I correct in thinking this, or is the bonus a strict 10% period no matter how many of the same element you use in a row?

I'm feeling like the wiki is just worded poorly and/or I'm reading it wrong, however if it is a stack-able bonus, potentially a 2+ cor QD rotation could stack to massive amounts of dmg.

Also, do you need to have the AF equip in order to initiate said 10% bonus? ie. a cor without AF uses ice shot, I follow up with an ice shot, AF equip.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-22 14:28:54  
Wrong, The bonus apparently wears off after 15 seconds, so considering the recharge time on Quick draw, unless you can Quick Draw once every 15 seconds it won't stack like you imagine.

Last i read however, people were unsure if its just a flat +10% Damage to spells of matching element (I.E, Use Fire shot > Mob takes 10% more damage from fire spells for 15 seconds) or if it was just simply Quick Draw exclusive boost to QD Damage for successive use.

However it raises the question if there were 2+ COR's with the pants shooting together if the last one would get a ~40% bonus (10% + 10% +10% successive)

But anyway, to the original point, consider it a "Debuff" on the mob, After the first quick draw the mob is "debuffed" and your next Quick Draw (if shot in 15 seconds) will do 10% more damage. After 15 Seconds the effect wears off and you go back to doing normal damage.

Bahamut.Yukimu
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Yukimu
By Bahamut.Yukimu 2010-10-22 14:35:03  
Anyone else remembers the Cor's quick draw machine gun glitch? lol.. i miss it
By zwjl 2010-10-22 14:51:37  
@Karbuncle

I don't think you read my whole post lol. Obviously 1 cor couldn't do it alone (unless of course they did random deal/wild card to generate 4-8 shots), however as I said "if it is a stack-able bonus, potentially a 2+ cor QD rotation could stack to massive amounts of dmg."

So I guess the question still remains unanswered :(
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-22 22:40:17  
zwjl said:
@Karbuncle

I don't think you read my whole post lol. Obviously 1 cor couldn't do it alone (unless of course they did random deal/wild card to generate 4-8 shots), however as I said "if it is a stack-able bonus, potentially a 2+ cor QD rotation could stack to massive amounts of dmg."

So I guess the question still remains unanswered :(

lies

Quote:
However it raises the question if there were 2+ COR's with the pants shooting together if the last one would get a ~40% bonus (10% + 10% +10% successive)

I answered your question with a question.

I.E The answer is unknown atm.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 22:53:05  
It's boots btw~

Edit: This is what I was adressing
Asura.Karbuncle said:
COR's with the pants.

I'm aware that bottes is the french spelling of boots.
[+]
By zwjl 2010-10-22 23:46:31  
You asked the same question I just asked though XD So how does that count as answering the question I asked by asking the question again? @.@

I'm sure it could be easily tested though, all's you need is x2 cors with the AF lol.
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-22 23:51:00  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
It's boots btw~

[+]
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-22 23:55:35  
Bahamut.Striker said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
It's boots btw~
gtfo! I was in Abyssea for 15 hours after you left and all I got was some SAM feet :/!
[+]
 Bahamut.Dasva
user: dasva
By Bahamut.Dasva 2010-10-22 23:57:27  
You could reset your jas to try it out
 Bahamut.Striker
By Bahamut.Striker 2010-10-23 00:01:35  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Striker said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
It's boots btw~
gtfo! I was in Abyssea for 15 hours after you left and all I got was some SAM feet :/!
THAT SEEMS TO BE A REOCCURRING PATTERN WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE I KNOW. SUCKS THAT BOOT DROP RATE IS SO FREAKING LOW, CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY DRG, SMN I SAW BEFORE COR.

LAST MIN OF INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY

It seems my clock is slow
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-23 00:08:25  
Bahamut.Striker said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Bahamut.Striker said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
It's boots btw~
THAT SEEMS TO BE A REOCCURRING PATTERN WITH ALOT OF PEOPLE I KNOW. SUCKS THAT BOOT DROP RATE IS SO FREAKING LOW, CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY DRG, SMN I SAW BEFORE COR. LAST MIN OF INTERNATIONAL CAPS LOCK DAY It seems my clock is slow
lol'd
 Asura.Solara
user: solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-24 11:58:03  
There is no cumulative bonus. The feet do the same thing as the hat, they just have special conditions that need to be met before they do it.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-24 12:51:20  
Asura.Solara said:
There is no cumulative bonus. The feet do the same thing as the hat, they just have special conditions that need to be met before they do it.
What are the conditions? :o
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-24 16:05:35  
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Asura.Solara said:

You Quick Draw with the same element more than once. Each shot fired within 15 seconds of the first will get active the damage bonus.

I tested it with Ice Shot> Ice Shot > Random Deal > Ice Shot > Ice Shot. All three shots following the first were identical in damage.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-24 16:25:13  
Asura.Solara said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
Asura.Solara said:
You Quick Draw with the same element more than once. Each shot fired within 15 seconds of the first will get active the damage bonus. I tested it with Ice Shot> Ice Shot > Random Deal > Ice Shot > Ice Shot. All three shots following the first were identical in damage.
Interresting. Have you tried it with other Corsairs QDing after you?
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-24 17:51:30  
Not yet. I rarely go Cor for ls events, so it's very rare for me to be in a situation with more than 1 Corsair present.

If I come across someone else with the +1 feet (for brevity's sake I'd only test subsequent shots with someone who could do it with and without the item) I'll try to knock more tests out.
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
サーバ: Leviathan
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2010-10-24 20:13:08  
I'm sure it works the same way whether 1 cor or multiple.

Thank you for the confirmation on what I expected ^^
 Phoenix.Smileybone
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Smileybone 2010-10-24 20:19:50  
Question:

Does the +2 version increase the "QD Enhance" effect?
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-25 14:48:48  
Leviathan.Popebenedict said:
I'm sure it works the same way whether 1 cor or multiple.

Thank you for the confirmation on what I expected ^^

I'm not so sure. I'm assuming it to be a personal latent, similar to a Tred Scythe where it holds the activation window in the server memory for the specific player. It is possible that it's an added effect on the mob triggered by the first shot, but the fact you need to keep the feet on to get the dmg from the additional shot/s makes that seem less likely to me.

Phoenix.Smileybone said:

Does the +2 version increase the "QD Enhance" effect?

I haven't seen any reports of it, and the AF+1 hat has not additional bonus over the NQ, but it's possible. Getting the second tier feet is pretty low on my priority list for HQs. I'd be interested in seeing the results if anyone else wants to check it out.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-27 09:48:07  
Haven't found another Cor to test yet with, but I did go into La Thiene this morning to get a screen shot of the successive dmg on QD with the feet.

Thundersday, no weather/rolls. Exact same dmg to all 3 subsequent shots with +1 feet, used Random Deal to test.

Same day, no weather, Aesthetics and non lucky/11 Blm roll, no Blm in the party. Add a Blm+Lucky/11 and there's the potential for some serious dmg from the double round of QDs.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-28 12:37:20  
Did some more testing and found that if you qd 1 mob, then a different one in succession, the bonus is not applied. This made me think that the enhancement isn't on the pc, but a debuff on the mob like Pope initially suggested.

Next test was with Wildfire, did two control ws on a spider in Abyssea-Mis on lightsday for 2930. With the same buffs, I then used Fire Shot, Fire Shot, Wildfire and did 3220. Again, a 10% increase on magical dmg. Duplicated it with a single Fire Shot and Wildfire and got the same results, which got me pretty excited.

Grabbed a blm friend, and went to Mt. Z to test on flans using t1 nukes. We did Bliz1, Bliz 1, Ice Shot, Bliz1, QD. Both the additional shot and the 3rd Bliz1 received the damage boost.

While some naked control mob testing should probably done, at this point I'm fairly confident that a QD using Navarch's Bottes +1 grant a straight 10~% dmg bonus to any subsequent magical attack of the same element on that mob used within the estimated 15 second window.
 Leviathan.Popebenedict
サーバ: Leviathan
user: zwjl
By Leviathan.Popebenedict 2010-10-28 14:15:32  
Oh what a great discovery ^^ Thank you for your continued testing.

I got all my seals, so was hoping to be running some tests myself, but the gold boxes are not being kind to me :( Of the 4 parties I have been in so far this week not a single cor foot has dropped XD

Anyways, if you don't mind, I'm going to edit the wiki to reflect your findings so every cor out there can be slightly more informed.
 Asura.Solara
By Asura.Solara 2010-10-28 14:41:20  
It looks like someone already has, but no, I don't mind at all.