Thief DD Gear Suggestions?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Thief DD gear suggestions?
Thief DD gear suggestions?
First Page 2
By Darkestdream 2010-10-19 17:08:58  
Subject title explains well enough right?

I farm a lot. That's how I make gil. So since I haven't been playing very long and haven't done Dynamis to get TH3, my offhand is the Thief's knife. That right there seems to take away a lot of damage potential in my opinion. So to make up for it I use the Forager's Mantle and Tumbler's Trousers, and main hand the Auric dagger. Everything else is haste gear like the JSE Harness and W. Turban. Could anyone suggest anything better? Mostly looking in the hands, feet, and head slots.
[+]
 Asura.Xenophire
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-10-19 17:11:58  
k. Just going to re-type all this since my first attempt was kind of scrambled sounding.

You're on the right track. As far as head upgrades go, you have the best of what you have access to right now. If you can manage to find an Abyssea Linkshell, Raider's Bonnet +2 should be your ultimate goal.

Hand upgrades? Dusk Gloves. 7-10k. Cheap and easy.

You may want to look into getting yourself a pair of Aurore Brais to TP in. Tumbler Trunks are nice, but are more of a Dancing Edge piece. I've got a ***ton of cruor and nothing to buy with them, I'd be more than happy to get you a pair.

Aurore Gaiters would also be a nice upgrade as well for the feet slot.

I'll be on later if you want to /sea for me. :)
[+]
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-10-19 17:30:42  
Asura.Xenophire said:
Dusk Gloves, Aurore Feet and nice upgrades. You'll want to TP in Aurore Legs over Tumbler's. Those are a nice WS piece for Dancing Edge. Aside from that, everything looks great. Keep that Wally Turban until you can get some Raider's +1! You're definitely on the right track.

This is my goal, currently. For not having a Limbus shell for Homam or an Abyssea shell for Raider's +1, it's pretty standard.

The quest for Raider legs's +1 is easy. It'll take a few hundred tries if you're not lucky but it's totally worth it. Feet have an easy quest is easy as well but you'll have to find a abyssea pt that does your area for a "chance" at getting thf feet. Raider's head+1 is easy enough to get assuming you have the gil to spend on it but on my server a stack of the Aomeban parts is 800k so thats a ***load of farming for a slim chance at getting head pieces. However if you have friends the Slug NM isn't too hard for THF head. My friends and I do it MNK(or THF works too just takes a bit longer) NIN RDM WHM but it can be easily done with just a RDM assuming they have refresh atmas. Key part is to keep it Addle'd/Barwatera. RDM can also solo Slug NM.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-10-19 17:36:12  
You should attempt to make separate gear sets for TPing and WSing. Go for lots of haste+ and store tp+ in your TP set, and lots of dex/str/attk/acc in your WS set. You may want to look into making a dex/acc Kila+1 or a store tp+ Fusetto to eventually replace your auric, however auric isn't a bad dagger.

The tumblers trunks are an amazing WS piece, but not amazing for TP. I suggest wearing aurore legs for tp, or AF3+1/+2 legs if you have the means to get them. Aurore feet are also a good choice for TP, assuming you don't want to buy dusk+1 and do not have homam feet. The JSE body is probably your best bet for TP, but it's useless for WS; Get a dragon harness for that. Wally turban is great for TP, useless for WS. Find a headpiece with STR/DEX/ACC/ATTK for WS, I currently use the MKD headpiece.
By Darkestdream 2010-10-19 17:39:54  
Asura.Xenophire said:
k. Just going to re-type all this since my first attempt was kind of scrambled sounding.

You're on the right track. As far as head upgrades go, you have the best of what you have access to right now. If you can manage to find an Abyssea Linkshell, Raider's Bonnet +2 should be your ultimate goal.

Hand upgrades? Dusk Gloves. 7-10k. Cheap and easy.

You may want to look into getting yourself a pair of Aurore Brais to TP in. Tumbler Trunks are nice, but are more of a Dancing Edge piece. I've got a ***ton of cruor and nothing to buy with them, I'd be more than happy to get you a pair.

Aurore Gaiters would also be a nice upgrade as well for the feet slot.

I'll be on later if you want to /sea for me. :)

Thank you :) I should have mentioned before that I have the Aurora Set, but thank you for offering to be so generous ^^
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-10-19 17:47:02  

[Quick Edit:]Aug choice- Crit hit+% & Store TP+Subtle Blow[/Edit]

If you want fast attack speed overall this is probably your best bet.
 Phoenix.Kirana
サーバ: Phoenix
By Phoenix.Kirana 2010-10-19 17:50:25  
Here's my current sets

Asura.Xenophire
user: Xenophire
By Asura.Xenophire 2010-10-19 17:53:27  
She said she hasn't been playing long, so I played it safe and did some more easily obtained items. xD
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-10-19 18:06:35  

Aug choice- Crit hit+% & Store TP+Subtle Blow
 Leviathan.Niniann
user: Ninian
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-19 18:11:53  
Leviathan.Remoraforever said:

At that point it'd be better TPing in Rap-harness, and using a Tiercel Necklace if those are still cheap on whichever server, which it may or may not be.

Edit: Also pretty sure Dual Wield is a better ACP body augment if you have capped or near capped haste. If you want Crit Damage go with Loki's Kaftan, and the Crit back whatever that is. Also Love Torque > PCC (For above set).
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-10-19 18:17:43  

my set
Kila is dmg38 str+6 path
Athame is dmg32 OAT
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-10-19 18:19:51  
Leviathan.Niniann said:

At that point it'd be better TPing in Rap-harness, and using a Tiercel Necklace if those are still cheap on whichever server, which it may or may not be.

Edit: Also pretty sure Dual Wield is a better ACP body augment if you have capped or near capped haste. If you want Crit Damage go with Loki's Kaftan, and the Crit back whatever that is. Also Love Torque > PCC (For above set).

Love torque isn't easy at all to get. And Dual wield lowers TP gain over time so it's not a better aug than Crit % or store TP for the body piece, but yes, you're right, Rape harness is far better as a body piece, I forgot it and left it out by accident.
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-19 18:24:06  
Leviathan.Niniann said:

Love torque isn't easy at all to get. And Dual wield lowers TP gain over time so it's not a better aug than Crit % or store TP for the body piece, but yes, you're right, Rape harness is far better as a body piece, I forgot it and left it out by accident.

Your perfect set has AF+2 which is more difficult to get than Love Torque :( And if you're going with a perfect set, that's also Perfect Atma, which means the crit % doesn't do much since you're already critting like crazy, and the DoT from Dual Wield would be better. Augment would be Dual Wield/STP.
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-10-19 18:34:18  
Since they're looking for an easy to obtain set, I'd go for something like this:

Personally, I NEVER use THF, and so I honestly never cared about gearing it. For reference, here is my set:

I just have random gear from other jobs thrown into it, and whatever easy to get stuff I have already obtained.

Obviously, my THF is very mediocre, and it has many upgrades to obtain like +2 AF3 Legs, +1/2 AF3 Head, Dusk Gloves +1, Raider's Boomerang, Cuch Mantle/Cerb +1, Magian daggers etc, but I simply just do not care about my THF and never play it so there was never much reason for me to gear accordingly.
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-10-19 18:36:25  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
Leviathan.Niniann said:

Your perfect set has AF+2 which is more difficult to get than Love Torque :( And if you're going with a perfect set, that's also Perfect Atma, which means the crit % doesn't do much since you're already critting like crazy, and the DoT from Dual Wield would be better. Augment would be Dual Wield/STP.

Very nice, I love your logical thinking here. You're right about the whole Crit aug on mirke, I'm still not 100% certain what I want to put on my body piece since I have capped my haste with other gear slots. @ the AF+2, for truth, it is difficult to obtain, But without a sea/limbus shell Love Torque can be near impossible to obtain unless you can manage the funds to merc it.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-19 19:27:33  
Darkestdream said:
Subject title explains well enough right? I farm a lot. That's how I make gil. So since I haven't been playing very long and haven't done Dynamis to get TH3, my offhand is the Thief's knife. That right there seems to take away a lot of damage potential in my opinion. So to make up for it I use the Forager's Mantle and Tumbler's Trousers, and main hand the Auric dagger. Everything else is haste gear like the JSE Harness and W. Turban. Could anyone suggest anything better? Mostly looking in the hands, feet, and head slots.
For TH, just macro in the Knife at the end of things that need TH: NMs etc. Can use Hands and even the new TH+1 boots too, they stack (From what people say at least)
 Leviathan.Niniann
By Leviathan.Niniann 2010-10-19 19:30:13  
I suppose people don't do Sea too much, but if you really wanted it I'm sure you'd find a way. On that note, if you couldn't get it, there's better necks from both Quetzalli, and a T2 VNM in Abys-Attowha, the T2 VNM one obviously being much easier to obtain.

For daggers, I believe the current best are (ignoring empy, etc) Auric/Rapidus Sax, Para+1 rivaling Rapidus, but it's much harder to get, and slightly worse.
 Bahamut.Aeronis
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-19 19:37:04  
Leviathan.Niniann said:
I suppose people don't do Sea too much, but if you really wanted it I'm sure you'd find a way. On that note, if you couldn't get it, there's better necks from both Quetzalli, and a T2 VNM in Abys-Attowha, the T2 VNM one obviously being much easier to obtain.
This^

Agasaya's collar
[Neck] All Races
Accuracy +8 Attack +8 "Subtle Blow" +5
Lv. 84 WAR / MNK / THF / BST / BRD / RNG /
SAM / NIN / DRG / COR / PUP / DNC

Comes pretty close to Love Torque, and it's a whole lot easier to get. If you have a couple friends, it should be cake if you know what you're getting into.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-10-19 22:33:14  
Darkestdream said:
Subject title explains well enough right?

I farm a lot. That's how I make gil. So since I haven't been playing very long and haven't done Dynamis to get TH3, my offhand is the Thief's knife. That right there seems to take away a lot of damage potential in my opinion. So to make up for it I use the Forager's Mantle and Tumbler's Trousers, and main hand the Auric dagger. Everything else is haste gear like the JSE Harness and W. Turban. Could anyone suggest anything better? Mostly looking in the hands, feet, and head slots.

Okay, My favorite of this thread so far is what Virt posted, its easily obtainable, mostly cheap AH stuff.

That aside, Attack+18 from Tumblers won't come close to touching Aurore pants in terms of Damage, so keep with Aurore! use Tumbler for weaponskills.

Auric/Thief is good if you're farming since THF's knife (though placebo =.=a) is good to keep on, just don't main hand it like some idiot THF's who think it only works in main hand -.-;

Phoenix.Kirana said:
Here's my current sets

On a rare, double-answer. your WS set is off. Unless you're using Mercy Stroke you're stacking waaaaayyyyyy too much STR, and it i guarantee is gimping your damage massively.

SA has 1:1 DMG ratio with DEX, if you're stacking SA/WS or solo SA you're better off putting as much DEX as possible on it while keeping up your haste values for over-all DPS.

Even unstacked, all Thf WS's have a heavy DEX mod, doing more for you than STR, especially say in Abyssea with the right Atmas =O!

so, get a DEX+6 Ring, Dragon harness/+1, don't use Drone Earring for anything except Trick Attack, ever, and even then you're way better off using Suppanomimi due to the 5% Dual wield if you're not stacking it with WS (to keep up DPS after TA lands, etc)

Everything else looks nice, Maybe get a Warwolf belt when you're capping Accuracy.

Asura.Chefm
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-10-24 10:06:12  
DDing:

Haste+26& & Acc+56

WSing (DE)

Dex+41 Str+14 Chr+20
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-24 10:12:11  
DE set needs a bit of work. Dragon Harness/+1 or better rather than Hecatomb Harness, Hecatomb Feet or better rather than Assassin's Poulaines, Warwolf Belt instead of Aristo Belt (especially if stacked). TP set could be further optimised by Bullwhip Belt + DW Mirke body (and I'm sure you could take it a step further than that too); Tiercel Neck accordingly, along with a STR ring. Raider's Boomerang or Qirmiz Tathlum/Thew Bomblet/Fire Bomblet.
 Odin.Sheelay
サーバ: Odin
user: Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-24 10:20:21  
There's also aias bonnet, ample gloves and airy ring.
And for TP, a nice goading belt would help you work on an X-hit build
 Asura.Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-10-24 10:23:38  
Ya my DE isnt prefect but, I use some CHR + gear for DE just b/c of the 2nd mod is 40%Chr on DE... and my DD set lol i have no need for a bullwhip. my set as is is 26haste and 56acc .... :D
 Bahamut.Raenryong
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-10-24 10:24:33  
Bullwhip + DW Mirke > Swift + Rapparee!
 Asura.Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-10-24 10:26:55  
Ya i forgot to put on G belt they look the smae >< . and I like that Bonnet and gloves never saw those. those r Very nice for DE. TY
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-24 10:27:13  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Bullwhip + DW Mirke > Swift + Rapparee!
Add in Tiercel and you're back at 26 Haste but with some extra DW and just about the same Acc (if you chose the Acc 10 DW +3%)
 Asura.Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-10-24 10:31:26  
ya but the chances of geeeting a Bullwhip is very smalll
 Odin.Sheelay
By Odin.Sheelay 2010-10-24 10:33:35  
It's all hypothetical, but at least it helps out figuring possible improvements or gear you didn't know before :)

Edit: I'm pretty sure I'm missing a few other items, but I recall Cuchulain's belt still being the best WS belt for THF possibly
First Page 2