Power Search Not Up To Date

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIVPro.com » Suggestions » Power Search not up to date
Power Search not up to date
By ecchichuu 2010-10-19 06:32:08  
I think power search for players is really great, but I don't understand why it doesn't regularly update various players?

There seem to be a good number of players whose stats haven't been updated since launch for 3+ weeks, so even if they're really high level they don't show up in search results when I'm searching for a crafter or something.
 Phoenix.Katori
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: agroyboy
By Phoenix.Katori 2010-10-19 07:10:24  
yea i cant update mine anymore. update area isnt showing up anymore for me:(
 Fenrir.Scragg
Administrator
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Scragg
By Fenrir.Scragg 2010-10-19 12:00:44  
ecchichuu said:
I think power search for players is really great, but I don't understand why it doesn't regularly update various players?

There seem to be a good number of players whose stats haven't been updated since launch for 3+ weeks, so even if they're really high level they don't show up in search results when I'm searching for a crafter or something.

A representative of SE has already contacted me our Lodestone crawling habits. They aren't against pulling data but advised me to throttle it. I have been tweaking the update process and I will explain the current policy which is subject to change.

Verified characters will automatically be updated if their profile is stale for more than 4 days.
Verified characters have the ability to update their profile if it's stale for more than 24hrs.
Visits to any character profile will queue for update if the profile is stale for more than 24hrs.

We have over 200,000 profiles that are over 4 days old. I will work on a policy to gradually update them. In the meantime, the above methods are the best way for now. Keep in mind I may change the values at anytime.

Phoenix.Katori said:
yea i cant update mine anymore. update area isnt showing up anymore for me:(

Quote:
Verified characters have the ability to update their profile if it's stale for more than 24hrs.
Visits to any character profile will queue for update if the profile is stale for more than 24hrs.

^-- thats why :-)
 Phoenix.Katori
サーバ: Phoenix
user: agroyboy
By Phoenix.Katori 2010-10-19 13:26:23  
thanks
By ecchichuu 2010-10-19 17:32:50  
ok. thanks for the answer