Targeting Party Members For Curing?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » Classes » Conjurer » Targeting Party Members for Curing?
Targeting Party Members for Curing?
 Siren.Blaire
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: 1000stars
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-23 06:01:15  
Odin.Zicdeh said:

anyone with three functioning braincells are lulzing pretty hard at that comment.

Let me know when you find half that number in your dense skull.

You can't take any actions in the chat menu before it's open. It's as simple as that. All you have to do to reply to a /tell is press Ctrl + R. Completely separate from that, you cannot type anything without first opening the chat box. That requires the space bar or (i think) the / button. Is that such a hard concept for you to understand? WoW is/was like that (They added a faster way to reply to whispers later on, but any other time to chat you have to press the button to open the box), as are most MMO's that require a large usage of the keyboard to play.

You're still throwing a pretty major rage fit about this. I'm getting a good laugh out of it. Never thought someone would complain sooooo much about 1 little (big-*** half-keyboard sized) button press that doesn't take up any time at all.

Anyways I've got to go, but I'll check this thread later to get some more laughs about your crying over a simple command.

Also...

Siren.Blaire said:
Any FPS game ever? You have to press a button to open the chat box before you can take any actions in the box. This is to avoid accidental opening of the box when you're trying to use other commands. And yes, there are plenty of MMO's that are built the same way, FF14 included.

Odin.Zicdeh said:

I'm not even going to point out the obvious faults with comparing an FPS game interface with an MORPG.

Your rage fit is keeping you from reading entire sentences! Oh no!
And i wasn't even talking about the whole interface. Only the chat box, which works in the same fashion. Mr. Dense Rage Guy likes to put words in peoples mouths.
[+]
 Odin.Zicdeh
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-23 06:06:08  
You miss the point so thoroughly. As long as you stand by your belief that redundancy is a good thing, all I can really say is;

[+]
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-23 06:07:31  
Check this out!
 Asura.Domz
サーバ: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-09-23 06:09:04  
Zicdeh is winning here, youre just digging yourself into a deeper pit of your own stupidity, so stop now and realize it. that is all~
[+]
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-23 06:10:08  
Asura.Domz said:
Zicdeh is winning here, youre just digging yourself into a deeper pit of your own stupidity, so stop now and realize it. that is all~
Yeah I gave up when it was apparent that's where it was going
[+]
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-23 06:10:39  
Asura.Domz said:

Actually, he's making himself look like an idiot. How many times has he said the word redundant? That, my friend, is redundant.

He's complaining over a function that has been in dozens of successful games. He's bitching because its not "as easy" to reply to a tell as it is in FFXI.

You know he's an idiot when he picks a reason as small as having to press spacebar to hate on the video game designers over. I mean, come on, get real. Only in America!
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-23 06:11:44  
Siren.Blaire said:

Well, I certainly am as sexy as Johnny Depp.

If you're going to troll, troll right though, a better "Crybaby" picture would be:

Of course, the only way to get to Carnegie Hall is practice.
[+]
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-23 06:13:08  
Hate to break it to you, but Johnny Depp has many of these...

And I'm not a troll, I just reply in kind to what you offer. lol

I just sincerely think you're a total and complete fool if you're going to make a huge deal over a chat function that matters not at all. It works, does it not? So stfu and get used to it.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-23 06:14:38  
A special shampoo and a tiny comb, and you're good to go. Can't even troll STD's right.

Siren.Blaire said:
Hate to break it to you, but Johnny Depp has many of these...

And I'm not a troll, I just reply in kind to what you offer. lol

I just sincerely think you're a total and complete fool if you're going to make a huge deal over a chat function that matters not at all. It works, does it not? So stfu and get used to it.

I totally agree. It's a stupid, petty issue, but it's rooted in the deeper issue of SE's redundant UI. That's what I'm talking about, but like I said, you missed the point. And trust me, the CTRL+R thing is just one of many UI redundancy issues in FFXIV.
[+]
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-23 06:16:05  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
A special shampoo and a tiny comb, and you're good to go. Can't even troll STD's right.

You need hair for shampoo to work, my friend. And lots of cry babies are born without hair. Beware the skin crabs.
 Asura.Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-09-23 06:16:23  
because communication is important, and having a system that involves the least amount of clicks is mandatory. the more youre fumbling with *** backwards communication tools the more time youre not paying attention to the situation at hand. that could very well equal death and wipes, and it can all be very much avoided if they just stuck with a simple system that worked from before. but go ahead and defend this system youre deadset on protecting, be the last man standing, cause not even the developer wants to defend that ***.
[+]
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-23 06:18:52  
Well... Domz... You shouldn't type at all in that case. Cuz on FF14 there's nothing you can do WHILE you are typing. If you click anything the chat box goes away unless they changed it in retail. If you're in a situation where the timeframe it takes to press space >> ctrl + r would result in a death, then you shouldnt be typing to begin with. It literally boils down to a matter of milliseconds for the time it takes to press space before you press ctrl + r.

Get a headset.

Whether you like what i have to say or not, SE is likely not going to change it. You may as well just stop complaining about it and spend this time getting used to it. In the end, your complaints will mean absolutely nothing.
 Asura.Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-09-23 06:22:23  
and listen to all these idiots? (/wave to asura)
no thanks, but sometimes ***happen that you dont expect while youre typing. dont believe that ***ever happens? look at the *** dunez man, dont even say ***didnt happen there. i *** dare you to o-o
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-23 06:22:37  
I started laughing when Blaire claimed that anyone under 50 should be able to type at 100+ wpm, and haven't stopped laughing yet. You're a *** moron Blaire, but by all means, continue, this is amusing.
[+]
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-23 06:25:33  
***happens? Omg man, i know! sometimes it just happens!

But what does this have to do with anything?

Are you saying the time it takes you to press space bar before ctrl + R (literally only adding a fraction of a second) will prevent said ***from happening? If so... I'd be interested to know how.

In fact, if anything this feature makes it SAFER for a party. If someone accidentally pressed ctrl + R instead of CTRL +4 for example, then the chat box would pop up. If you then tried to press your skills again, you'd not use them cuz the chat box is open. You have to esc out of it, THEN press the buttons. So in this sense having to press spacebar is a much safer approach. That is, if this "oh ***" fight boils down to milliseconds/lownumberofseconds time difference.
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-23 06:27:10  
Odin.Blazza said:
I started laughing when Blaire claimed that anyone under 50 should be able to type at 100+ wpm, and haven't stopped laughing yet. You're a *** moron Blaire, but by all means, continue, this is amusing.

I started laughing when this idiot came in and said that I said something I obviously did not. I said I type 102 WPM. Did i say you can? No... But I'm willing to bet you had to type at least 70+ WPM in highschool to get a passing grade. If not, then your school is REALLY backwoods, which would explain your reading skills. I mean, the only school i ever attended was pretty run down and even we had pretty strict typing requirements.

Hell, i got a B+ in typing II, and back then i was hitting 95 WPM.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-23 06:32:17  
The way I do it as Conjurer and Thau is press cure, when it shows the Area of Effect icon target the party member then cast.

Sometimes I take an extra step and type:
/aoe on
cast Cure on self and watches everyone's HP go up

tho since I also nuke, i have to type /aoe off after that.
 Odin.Zicdeh
By Odin.Zicdeh 2010-09-23 06:34:18  
Cerberus.Kalyna said:
The way I do it as Conjurer and Thau is press cure, when it shows the Area of Effect icon target the party member then cast.

/aoe on

Although it's a little irritating toggling between AOE and Single Target, it's better than buying a whole new spell just for an AOE effect. I love that on both Thaumaturge and Conjurer.
 Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-23 06:36:13  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

/aoe on

Although it's a little irritating toggling between AOE and Single Target, it's better than buying a whole new spell just for an AOE effect. I love that on both Thaumaturge and Conjurer.

better yet, you don't even have to buy most the spells. I mean, there's some that require guild points or w/e, but it's nice not having to spend gil on scrolls.

Always hated that about FFXI... The jobs that don't require spells got off cheap for the most part.
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-09-23 06:38:40  
Odin.Zicdeh said:
Cerberus.Kalyna said:

/aoe on

I'll try finding easier ways to cure.

If you're only on Curing duty aka all you're gonna do is heal, then all you gotta do is:
Passive mode.
Don't have anything targetted
Toggle party member target
cure

Siren.Blaire
By Siren.Blaire 2010-09-23 06:41:29  
When i was on cure duty in beta i just kept it on AOE, stayed near the people, and cast it on myself lol.

Probably won't work too well in higher level stuff, but few mobs in uldah had AOE's i couldnt avoid in the levels i reached on beta.
 Odin.Blazza
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-09-23 07:38:10  
Siren.Blaire said:
Odin.Blazza said:

I started laughing when this idiot came in and said that I said something I obviously did not. I said I type 102 WPM. Did i say you can? No... But I'm willing to bet you had to type at least 70+ WPM in highschool to get a passing grade. If not, then your school is REALLY backwoods, which would explain your reading skills. I mean, the only school i ever attended was pretty run down and even we had pretty strict typing requirements.

Hell, i got a B+ in typing II, and back then i was hitting 95 WPM.
It's called paraphrasing, and yes, you suggested (quite strongly) that "unless you're like 50+ years old" you should be able to type as fast as you can. I was willing to accept your claim of 102wpm typing speed, personally I'm about half that, but claiming that you need 70+wpm in highschool to even pass? I very much doubt that...

I didn't need 70+ wpm minute to get a pass in my highschool, because my school only had a handful of computers back in 1998. But at least they taught me how to spell backwards.
[+]
 Ragnarok.Albasheq
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Albasheq
By Ragnarok.Albasheq 2010-10-09 05:25:31  
Kalyna, you don't need to toggle AOE by typing the command just hit the letter (Z) when you are selecting the target of the spell~

as for the UI, it's trash, worthless and laggy, need to be fixed but hey, PC users are the Beta tester for the PS3 so i think this will be fixed around march 2011.

one more thing, what is the point of pressing (space bar) to enter the /r mode, if CTRL+R on itself does not do anything in the game? also, why i cant reply directly to the person who JUST whispered me?? why do i have to whisper him/her back in order to use that feature? quite pointless if you ask me
By Zenshiro14 2010-10-09 05:38:10  
you know when you partying and you lock on too a mob you can press left and right too terget party member o.o that how my gf heal me all the time.
 Ragnarok.Albasheq
By Ragnarok.Albasheq 2010-10-09 06:33:40  
or just Use 360 pad... it much easier since the fail UI is Console friendly
 Fenrir.Rinnsi
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Rinnsi
By Fenrir.Rinnsi 2010-10-09 06:42:50  
the amount of bitching that goes on in these threads is amazing. play the game or don't, holy ***.
 Ragnarok.Albasheq
By Ragnarok.Albasheq 2010-10-09 06:56:27  
personally, i'm trying to enjoy the game though i know it's far from been even as retail, but i think of it as big open monthly subscription beta :D.

yet again it's good to share your thought about the game so far here without someone jumping around and sticking for the obvious retard, lame, fail, poorly done UI and calling the rest Lazy/old cause they don't see the point of having to press Space bar before hitting CTRL+R

also... i dont want the chat window to be transparent, i want to make it dark so i can see the chat... also i want to chance color, copying something from their own game (XI) and bring it here to the new game and improve it a lil bit is not a problem... they should've learn that by now i guess