FFXIV Collector's Edition Unboxing

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » News » FFXIV Collector's Edition Unboxing
FFXIV Collector's Edition Unboxing
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 16:48:37  
But seriously; would one of you Euros please scan a high res print of the map for us Yanks that got screwed over? <3
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
Game: FFXI
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-21 16:49:12  
Yeah, bacon and peanut butter is great too...

Wait, don't tell me yal don't eat that, either <_<
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 16:49:55  
Unless it's one we already have
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-21 16:50:28  
Artemicion said:
Unless it's one we already have
From the pics I've seen, it's pretty much the same map..
 Cerberus.Delsus
サーバ: Cerberus
user: delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-09-21 16:50:45  
Artemicion said:
But seriously; would one of you Euros please scan a high res print of the map for us Yanks that got screwed over? <3

lol somone should charge for this service, make the money back for the game + a few months for fees lol,
i cant dont have a scanner
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 16:56:12  
Cerberus.Delsus said:
Artemicion said:

lol somone should charge for this service, make the money back for the game + a few months for fees lol,

Isn't Kinkos international? :<
 Cerberus.Delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-09-21 17:00:58  
Artemicion said:
Cerberus.Delsus said:
Artemicion said:

Isn't Kinkos international? :<

First time i heard of em, but it seems like there US and Canada only
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-21 17:07:26  
Isn't there some kind of skill-up in-game item you get from the CE? Is that all versions of the CE or country-specific?
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 17:09:10  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
Isn't there some kind of skill-up in-game item you get from the CE? Is that all versions of the CE or country-specific?

Originally I thought this was what the onion helmet did, but I recall something else being a bonus in game item aside from the Hermes Shoes from having an active XI account when you play XIV as well.
 Shiva.Kaisamoht
サーバ: Shiva
user: Kaisamoht
By Shiva.Kaisamoht 2010-09-21 17:13:05  
Flionheart said:
Shiva.Kaisamoht said:
Am i one of the few that truly feel NA got totally gipped/screwed over by SE on the CE. EU/JP get a cool map and an awesome looking mug, where NA just gets a piece of paper that we dont even get till a little bit after we create our characters... SE I am dissapointed.

Holy ***Kais! how the hell are you?

Lol am good Fli, but yeah the journal thingy does seem kinda cool looking at it now. I would've honestly paid more then the CE price if I could get a version with all the regions swag, cuz the tumbler/map look really nice. Like if they did like the Halo games did with Regular Edition, Collector's Edition, then another edition above that lol. Meh, oh well, will have to do with the journal/RoP certificate. Counting down the hours to when I can run to Walmart tonight and pick it up at midnight instead of waiting till 10 am tomorrow when my local GS opens up haha.

Edit: that item your thinking of is the Garlond Goggles. I think from the regular edition.. They increase the rate at which you gain skill points or sumthing.
 Cerberus.Delsus
By Cerberus.Delsus 2010-09-21 17:13:23  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Thats the item you get for preordering the normal one (released on 30th), CE gives Onion Helm which from description on ff14 site seems like it lowers time your weakend after you die. (this is atleast in EU versions)
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-21 17:20:38  
Cerberus.Delsus said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

Thats the item you get for preordering the normal one (released on 30th), CE gives Onion Helm which from description on ff14 site seems like it lowers time your weakend after you die. (this is atleast in EU versions)
NA versions as well.
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 17:22:06  
Shiva.Kaisamoht said:
Flionheart said:
Shiva.Kaisamoht said:
Am i one of the few that truly feel NA got totally gipped/screwed over by SE on the CE. EU/JP get a cool map and an awesome looking mug, where NA just gets a piece of paper that we dont even get till a little bit after we create our characters... SE I am dissapointed.

Holy ***Kais! how the hell are you?

Lol am good Fli, but yeah the journal thingy does seem kinda cool looking at it now. I would've honestly paid more then the CE price if I could get a version with all the regions swag, cuz the tumbler/map look really nice. Like if they did like the Halo games did with Regular Edition, Collector's Edition, then another edition above that lol. Meh, oh well, will have to do with the journal/RoP certificate. Counting down the hours to when I can run to Walmart tonight and pick it up at midnight instead of waiting till 10 am tomorrow when my local GS opens up haha.

Edit: that item your thinking of is the Garlond Goggles. I think from the regular edition.. They increase the rate at which you gain skill points or sumthing.

Better stalk E-bay for a capitalist pig willing to let go of his tumbler for saps like us ._.
 Lakshmi.Jaerik
Administrator
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Jaerik
By Lakshmi.Jaerik 2010-09-21 17:23:16  
O.o The skill-up item seems like it would be more useful than the onion helm. Am I off-base there?

Is the skill-up item the "goggles" or whatever that people are referring to? And by pre-order, what do you mean? Pre-order through who, and by when?
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-09-21 17:24:54  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
O.o The skill-up item seems like it would be more useful than the onion helm. Am I off-base there?

Is the skill-up item the "goggles" or whatever that people are referring to? And by pre-order, what do you mean? Pre-order through who, and by when?
I know you can get them by pre-ordering through Gamestop, and yes I'd say they'd be more useful then the Helm.. Though I could be wrong

The Weakness reduction could be significant while the Skill up increase really isn't that much.
By Artemicion 2010-09-21 17:25:08  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

I'm thinking the same. I don't intend on getting my *** handed back to me frequently; and skill ups will have a consistent benefit throughout. I hope there is a better way of obtaining these goggles; otherwise I might have to preorder a second copy and give my friend the fancy Collector's Edition. (Don't really care about a journal or rite of passage)
 Phoenix.Kojo
Forum Moderator
サーバ: Phoenix
user: AnnaMolly
By Phoenix.Kojo 2010-09-21 17:25:11  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
O.o The skill-up item seems like it would be more useful than the onion helm. Am I off-base there? Is the skill-up item the "goggles" or whatever that people are referring to? And by pre-order, what do you mean? Pre-order through who, and by when?

I was looking at FFXIV equipment, and there seems to be a full Onion set, based on Luneth's Onion Knight costume. The only thing not obtainable by normal means is the helm that comes with the CE. Might be wrong there, tho.
 Asura.Domz
サーバ: Asura
user: Domz
By Asura.Domz 2010-09-21 23:09:20  
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:
O.o The skill-up item seems like it would be more useful than the onion helm. Am I off-base there? Is the skill-up item the "goggles" or whatever that people are referring to? And by pre-order, what do you mean? Pre-order through who, and by when?

ive seen a couple of other topics with people saying that se said the goggles were meant only to help people catch up to the people who bought collectors edition and that they would stop working after a certain level
 Sylph.Belmonth
サーバ: Sylph
user: Belmonth
By Sylph.Belmonth 2010-09-21 23:13:12  
Asura.Domz said:
Lakshmi.Jaerik said:

ive seen a couple of other topics with people saying that se said the goggles were meant only to help people catch up to the people who bought collectors edition and that they would stop working after a certain level

Yep, I read this also on a interview posted on ffxivcore.