users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Puppet Master » PUP Solo Level Guide
PUP Solo Level Guide
 Lakshmi.Ncp
サーバ: Lakshmi
Game: FFXI
user: afiu
By Lakshmi.Ncp 2010-09-21 06:55:07  
Im looking for some ideas for camps that are good from 40+ solo (as the subject suggests)

The wiki guide shows some nice camps but it may be my Tarutaru HP thats holding me back but it seems like my WHM PUP is not casting enough to keep me alive in the recommended areas. If their is another guide or alternative camps id be interested to hear about them. Or any suggestions for the old fashioned way of getting EXP (I think id rather EXP this way until 60 at least instead of Key leech in Abyssea)
 Valefor.Lisamarie
サーバ: Valefor
user: Kej
By Valefor.Lisamarie 2010-09-21 23:21:34  
40-45~ish you could do FoV in Yuhtunga Jungle.. Get your RSE, it'll help a lot with the HP issues there.

45-50~ish you can just solo colibri or ladybugs in east ronfaure
 Lakshmi.Ncp
By Lakshmi.Ncp 2010-09-25 17:45:44  
That helps thanks.

Iv found that from 50-52 Beatles in West Alpt Rock camps worked well also at 52+ you can do East Alpt Book page 5 around the Outpost and grin on the Goblins

Ill update further my findings if anyone is interested.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Ncp
By Lakshmi.Ncp 2010-10-24 02:33:18  
Thanks for the helpful reply BST85 <-----
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Sanders
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Sanders
By Gilgamesh.Sanders 2010-10-31 20:08:17  
The best thing to do for soloing is look up a BLM solo guide. BLMs solo on beastmen pets, which is the most effective way I've ever solo'd on a nonBST job. Pets check T-IT but have much lower HP than their masters, making for easier chains. PUP deals too little damage to FoV for worthwhile xp.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Monster_Pets
 Bahamut.Aeronis
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Aeronis
By Bahamut.Aeronis 2010-10-31 21:44:11  
If your automaton is casting infrequently, you might want to try the attachment that reduces periods between casts.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Ifrit.Kungfuhustle
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Kungfuhustle 2010-11-01 07:52:16  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:
If your automaton is casting infrequently, you might want to try the attachment that reduces periods between casts.

Was that one next to the one that makes ice for drinks attachment?

The people who give advice for PUP on here are the most qualified I have ever seen :O
Mana Booster, without Mana Channeler, since the latter increases the recast time in exchange for increased magic attack.
 Gilgamesh.Funsam
user: funsam
By Gilgamesh.Funsam 2010-11-01 08:39:12  
don't underestimate xp'ing on ep's/dc's doing that with fov book can be more effective then fighting em/tough & nearly dying every fight.
also when solo the whm frame isn't always the best i personally use the rdm type one cus heals & nukes for faster kills.
auto oil cheaper these days so easier to get auto hp to max to deactivate/active for full mp again.
but pup solo effectiveness will also depend on your skills & also what attachmnets you use, have best to suit a situation is key to being successful.
45+ i personally stuck with beau glac & when fovs page3 stop giving xp moved to xarc around 50's not has bad has it sounds if you watch enemy movement around you & fight away from mobs that detect low hp, easy to xp there.
 Sylph.Tigerwoods
サーバ: Sylph
user: Vegetto
By Sylph.Tigerwoods 2010-11-01 08:58:08  
Keywhore abyssea?
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Silvermutt
By Gilgamesh.Silvermutt 2010-11-01 09:52:07  
Not sure if it's maybe a little to high for 40. But somewhere in the 40s I like to solo on Goblin's Leeches at the Tu'Lia outpost (there's 2 safe ones there). Relatively low respawn time, prolly 5 min.
 Valefor.Sketchkat
サーバ: Valefor
user: sketchkat
By Valefor.Sketchkat 2010-11-01 15:56:29  
It's been nearly 4 years since I was that level on PUP, but I remember spending quite a bit of time in Crawler's Nest killing workers and later on, soldiers. That was before the Soulsoother existed, so I subbed WHM for Poisona and whatnot and just used Stormwaker to nuke/cure. I also remember the Resist Slow trait activating quite regularly, which helped.

Sorry if my info is a bit out of date, but it worked quite well for me back then.
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [32 days between previous and next post]
 Shiva.Cybermario
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Cybermario 2010-12-03 10:46:03  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Bahamut.Aeronis said:

Was that one next to the one that makes ice for drinks attachment?

The people who give advice for PUP on here are the most qualified I have ever seen :O
at least people is trying to help and not trolling like you.

@Ncp glad you did this topic, having PUP around 35 i was wondering where to go after 40s :)