users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » RA Macros for Thief
RA Macros for Thief
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-15 14:55:35  
Currently I use Acid, Bloody, and Sleep bolts macros. They are as follows.

/equip ammo "Bloody Bolt" <me>
/ra <t>
(repeated for each bolt)

Here are my two quesitons:

A - Would it be possible to also macro in a +Rang. Accuracy ring into my bolt macros to increase my landing accuracy? I'm wondering if I Equip a scrop ring or something right before my /ra and then move it back immediately after, if the rang. accuracy is going to process or not? Hmmm...

B - For those rangers that use sleep bolts while soloing to SA WS your mobs... How do you do it with the timing? Do you /ra with the sleep bolt --> disengage --> maneuvere behind the mob and then SA and weapon skill?

Any other suggesions with RA macros?
 Leviathan.Jahlives
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Jahlives
By Leviathan.Jahlives 2010-09-15 14:59:15  
yes its how I how do mine:

/equip ammo "Bloody Bolt"
/equip Ring1 "Aerwe Ring"
/range <t>

And I actually use a wait3 macro then re-equip my Rajas

Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-15 15:26:30  
Leviathan.Jahlives said:
yes its how I how do mine: /equip ammo "Bloody Bolt" /equip Ring1 "Aerwe Ring" /range <t> And I actually use a wait3 macro then re-equip my Rajas

So you fit that all on one macro and go

/equip "Bloody Bolt"
/equip "Arewe Ring"
/ra <t>
/wait 3
/equip ring1 "Rajas Ring"

? did I get that right?

Seraph.Gilhaven
サーバ: Seraph
user: Gilhaven
By Seraph.Gilhaven 2010-09-15 17:53:56  
I do my RA macro a bit different. I have one main RA macro:

/equip Ring1 "Behemoth Ring"
/equip Ring2 "Behemoth Ring"
/ra <t>
/wait 5
/equip Ring1 "Raja's Ring"
/equip Ring2 "Ulthalam's Ring"

then I simply have a macro for whatever bolts im using/swapping to. ie: /equip Ammo "Acid Bold" or "Sleep Bolt"

Don't ask why I /wait 5...I simply found that I land more shots if I keep my rings on until the shot is finished. IDK if game mechanics immediately include the racc from the rings or not...this is just what I prefer.
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-09-15 21:59:25  
Two ways to do the sleep, Sa+WS thing. The first is to do the disengage. I use that one most of the time cuz I'm used to it. But if you're laggin or there is terrain in the way, the mob could possibly wake up before you finish.

The other way is something Arivale (nefarious.lover / trendy.ideology / new alchemedian / prince of evasion) taught me. I always knew that if I didn't want to disengage, I'd have to wait for my daggers to hit and then immediately ranged attack before moving around the mob. But what he said was to unlock target and move forward diagonally, then relock when you're behind the mob and hit your SA+WS macro. If you strafe 180ish degrees to the back, or if you run directly through the mob, you'll reach the back slower, increasing the chance of failure.

Another thing you can do is wait till you're at like 80TP. Then equip your WS set (hecatomb). Swing and get 90TP. Since you're wearing heca, your delay is bigger so you have a much bigger window of opportunity. Use your sleep bolt to get 100+TP, then walk around the mob and SA+WS.

And yes, it would be worth it to use ranged accuracy. At a high level of play, the only possible way to rely on your bolts to land is having a powerful ranged accuracy set. Eventually if you stack enough (~100+), you'll reach a plateau where the mobs you are fighting are so high level that even though you can land the bolt, the effect will just get resisted. To solve this issue, you could consider using INT for your bolt set, but then you wouldn't have enough ranged accuracy. Not to mention you'd be hard-pressed to have inventory space for that kind of set to begin with.
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-09-15 22:03:53  
Also, I don't use spellcast but I'd encourage you to play manually with your macros instead of having them reset equip. If you hit your ranged accuracy macro more than once for whatever reason, or if you miss and have to shoot again, your "/wait x, /re-equip-TP-stuff" will totally botch you up. I'd follow this rule for other sets too. Just about the only re-equip macros I use are for skadi feets in my flee/kiting sets.
Going manual also ups your APM and focus! ;P