| Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
Game: FFXI
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 10:03:05  
140 base dmg. That adds up to 23 MAB.

If you have less MAB dual MAB daggers would be better. As more trials come out they can become better

rng or even cor would probably work better for this but meh. Also making your expansion peices for QD would help a bit. Up to another 10 MAB some agi and 5 sec off of recast

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-14 12:36:46  
THF/COR is really useful for Kited fights where you'll need a THF for TH4/5 And they don't want to be useless. Something a RNG or COR Can't do (TH4/5 i mean)

Especially in abyssea where you can buy Ascetic's drinks, can get Quick-draw Damage up to ~300+.

My Quick Draw build is similar, unfortunately i don't have a lot of the MAB Gear i should >.< i got:

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/178605

Even with that set up, lacking MAB and HQ's, Its still really decent set up, pair yourself with a COR who can MAB Roll/etc you and you both can do some nice damage, and keep TH4 on the mob.

Chukwa, Ovni, etc, theres plenty of mobs its useful for!

also, What with all the Expansion gear becoming crap with the 99Cap incoming, I'm seriously considering setting up a QD build with those armors >.>;;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 12:47:56  
Something is wrong if you need ascetics drink to get up to 300+.

His build up there without outside MAB, matt, pertinent weapons (assuming thf knife instead of staff), or day/weather would be almost 350. With staff + day + some MAB atmas and drink could hit almost 600.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 13:01:29  
Asura.Deadwing said:
Quick draw does not give tp so STP does nothing for you. Better off with an agi ring.
Um it does now. It was in the update notes a few days before the update
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-09-14 13:05:14  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Deadwing said:
Quick draw does not give tp so STP does nothing for you. Better off with an agi ring.
Um it does now. It was in the update notes a few days before the update

and i RAGED about it...
you musta missed it :(
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-14 13:44:29  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Something is wrong if you need ascetics drink to get up to 300+.

His build up there without outside MAB, matt, pertinent weapons (assuming thf knife instead of staff), or day/weather would be almost 350. With staff + day + some MAB atmas and drink could hit almost 600.

Yah, But see, Without Ugga Pendant, Novio, Denali Kecks, and any Atmas with +40MAB on them, I only hit about 300 without any buffs, but this was only tested on Chukwa and Megamaw Mikey :|

Nothing's wrong, Its just that i don't have an Atma with MAB+40, a Novio+7, a Pendant+8, and Kecks+3.

Basically im missing well over 50MAB, Never said i had the best set up, i was trying to show even with a mediocre set up (and didn't even *** bring Up Atma) it can be rather effective.

Not that i have the bestest perfect set up everest and that you can only do 300 DMG ever with any possible set up everest and that i use every atma at my disposable: like you seem to think i said?
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 13:49:00  
Well I mean with no staff and 0 MAB and no day or any buffs at all just base dmg is 280 lol. And now you are putting words in my mouth if you are saying I am putting words in your mouth when I all I did is mention his build which is far from omg awesome as a reason you should hit over 300
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-14 13:53:06  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Well I mean with no staff and 0 MAB and no day or any buffs at all just base dmg is 280 lol. And now you are putting words in my mouth if you are saying I am putting words in your mouth when I all I did is mention his build which is far from omg awesome as a reason you should hit over 300

Maybe i read what you said wrong?

Looked to me like you said if you didn't have Novio/Atmas/Uggy you were doing THF/COR wrong because you should be doing 300+ always?

My post again, was only pointing out (As i even mentioned?) That a mediocre build could do decent Quick Draws.

Most THF's don't own a Uggalepih Pendant, Novio, or Moldavite unless they already have BLM/SCH/RDM leveled.

I wasn't trying to say ~300 Was a good number, i was just giving a baseline.

And according to you (280 w/e buffs) I was close to right :|

Its been a good month since i last did THF/COR >.<;; i was honestly trying to recall from memory how much damage i was doing, i knew it was 3-something, So i just said 300+ -.-;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 13:56:42  
Novio alone will bring you to 299. More if you use HQ gun. But yeah if you are making a QD build without MAB you kinda are doing it wrong. Atmas alone will get you higher. So will NQ staffs. Farming a few easy pieces of MAB gear is definitely easier/faster than lvling cor to 40 lol.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-14 14:00:18  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Novio alone will bring you to 299. But yeah if you are making a QD build without MAB you kinda are doing it wrong.

Not really, No. A THF/COR with as much MAB as he can get his hands on @ a kited fight is doing better than a THF/NIN Sitting in the corner tossing a boomerang or running behind the mob trying to get close enough to swing.

a THF/COR who doesn't own a Novio/Uggy Pendant but builds around it trying shows he's smarter than a THF who didn't bother to level /COR for when the situation calls.

I'm not saying MAB isn't important, never implied it wasn't, Simply that even without the best MAB Gear, a THF/COR Is still functional.

Something that most THF's don't know, and you saying that without all the MAB Gear THF can use at your disposal that they're "Doing it wrong" Is only promoting dominantly HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE THFs.

Basically about as Stupid as telling them heart Snatcher is good :|.

Try to get the best MAB you can, but even a mediocre THF/COR build is better than other THF Options when the fight calls to be kited, since he'll be there anyway for TH4!

Edit: I Guess its just my opinion though =|? Maybe I'm crazy >.< And i could still be misunderstanding you -.-;
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 14:06:14  
I think you are misunderstanding what I'm saying again. Getting some MAB gear is easy. Yeah novio is a bit much. Ugg is debatable but it's rather cheap now. Expansion gear is easy assuming you haven't used it for other things. Denali legs, Aquiline Belt, moldy earring and elemental staffs are all relatively easy to get. There are mission atmas as well as ones from NMs... I think there is one that gives MAB AND + ice element magic dmg lol

Also a thf/rng could throw out some mean dmg in a kited fight if geared for it.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-14 14:10:31  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
I think you are misunderstanding what I'm saying again. Getting some MAB gear is easy. Yeah novio is a bit much. Ugg is debatable but it's rather cheap now. Expansion gear is easy assuming you haven't used it for other things. Denali legs, Aquiline Belt, moldy earring and elemental staffs are all relatively easy to get. There are mission atmas as well as ones from NMs... I think there is one that gives MAB AND + ice element magic dmg lol

Also a thf/rng could throw out some mean dmg in a kited fight if geared for it.

The Ice atma i was looking at the other Day, increases MAB by like 30, and Ice MAB By 30, Its really really hot.

And yeah, i edited my post, figuring i could be misunderstanding.

But also maybe your missing my ultimate point?

I'm saying, as a THF/COR, with minimal MAB gear, you can still be more useful than a THF/??? in a kited fight, if only slightly.

I Didn't say don't work for MAB Gear, I only said that if you did not have it all, (Meaning maybe you're working on it now? Doing the quests for ACP/etc, Saving up gil for Novio? etc?) That you can still be effective.

Of course you WANT to work for MAB Gear, you want to get as best as you can, I only say that even if you don't have it, its more effective than other options.

I won't touch THF/RNG, never tried it, no point arguing something I haven't done >.<.

Edit I'll reiterate, i babble:

I'm only saying, a THF/COR with Minimal MAB Can be effective. I'm not saying they should not work on better MAB Gear, I'm not saying they should be okay with Mediocre Armor Set. I'm only suggesting a THF/COR, Even with Minimal MAB, can still be Effective in Kited fights! - Sorry if i was unclear before :(

Thats all! I'm working my ACP/AMK ***now, and Denali Kecks, Probably purchasing a Uggy shortly, Its a fun build, and i do enjoy it.

And being able to Evoker's ROll when i low-man with friends ain't too shabby either.

Edit2: I should mention, Only reason im bothering arguing is because i don't wanna hear THF's thinking later "Well i don't have Novio or Uggy, or Denali Kecks, so THF/COR is useless to me!" >_____________<
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 14:14:31  
Thf/rng can be pretty good for a kited fight. Assuming you can hit stuff. Not really that hard. Definitely good enough to beat 300 dmg a min.

At the very least you should put on a elemental staff when QDing.

Personally I'm building rng/cor mostly cause higher dmg guns, can ws while kiting solo still or probalby just barrage after shadowbind, and oddly more MAB gear than a cor can wear lol
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-14 14:20:40  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Thf/rng can be pretty good for a kited fight. Assuming you can hit stuff. Not really that hard. Definitely good enough to beat 300 dmg a min.

I'd imagine it'd greatly depend on the mob, no>

I Don't see THF/RNG working too well on stuff with high PDT, Chukwa for example.

or Ovni when he begins building up a higher PDT Due to invincible, or when you get some idiots wiped Ovni with full -DT.

On those fights i don't even think the best geared THF/RNG would out due the mediocre-of-the-Mediocre THF/COR's.

Edit: Also, I had always assumed HQ Staves were on, I wasn't aware you thought i was saying without them?

Hell even i own the right HQ Staves, its on the very first link i posted :\

Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 14:21:52  
Oh yeah PDT mobs gtfo. Good luck even SA some dmg in lol. But it's always situational. I mean you could point out mobs that are immune to magic dmg lol
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-14 14:24:01  
I don't know any That resist Quick Draw.

I know Lord Ruthven is immune/highly resistant but i thought QD was uneffected by those resistances?

I'm being serious lol, i can't think of a single mob that completely 0's Quick-draw Damage.

Jailer of Temperance maybe? >.<
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 14:24:08  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Edit: Also, I had always assumed HQ Staves were on, I wasn't aware you thought i was saying without them? Hell even i own the right HQ Staves, its on the very first link i posted :\
Of course I assumed that. With 0 MAB HQ staffs alone would bring you to 322 and you implied you needed another 25% boost to dmg to hit 300+ which would boost you to 400+
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 14:24:43  
Asura.Karbuncle said:

I know Lord Ruthven is immune/highly resistant but i thought QD was uneffected by those resistances?
I don't know I haven't tested QD against magic immunities. Would seem weird that it would work though lol
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-14 14:25:42  
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Edit: Also, I had always assumed HQ Staves were on, I wasn't aware you thought i was saying without them? Hell even i own the right HQ Staves, its on the very first link i posted :\
Of course I assumed that. With 0 MAB HQ staffs alone would bring you to 322 and you implied you needed another 25% boost to dmg to hit 300+ which would boost you to 400+

and as i said on my second post, it had been a good month since i had done it and i was working from memory so it was a bit fuzzy :\

I just coulda sworn ~3something was about the right number i was doing on Chukwa... -.-;
Ramuh.Dasva said:
Asura.Karbuncle said:

I don't know I haven't tested QD against magic immunities. Would seem weird that it would work though lol

Quick-Draw is weird, Its almost completely detached from normal MDT.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 14:30:31  
But yeah if you completely pimp it out just from gear a thf could get QD to 434ish. So if you did day another 10%. Well a little less since you would need to swap out belts. Ascetics is buyable now I think so another 25%. 30 MAB and another 30% to ice dmg from one atma. 30 MAB from another atma. All that together on ice day you could hit around 1100 solo in abyssea theoretically lol
 Bismarck.Gryphen
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Gryphen
By Bismarck.Gryphen 2010-09-14 14:35:52  
THF/COR would be the better choice if ur looking to limit TP gained by the mob and want to help increase debuff's duration/effct.

But, if your looking to help the output of damage on the mob THF/RNG will beat that out.

I made a THF/RNG set for exactly these purposes (Staying out of range so I don't die and TH still applied).
(Mirke: Racc+10 Snapshot+5) and if Racc is low can use a Jaeger Mantle.

With this set I average about 85%Racc and 500dmg sidewinders on almost every major HNM. (Pot-au-feu for food.)

Note: I have yet to use this set since hitting 85 and increasing my Archery skill to 296.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 14:38:29  
Is that with food? And damn not bad considering you could definitely fit more racc/agi in there
 Bismarck.Gryphen
By Bismarck.Gryphen 2010-09-14 14:40:23  
Ya, sorry i should edit that. That's using Pot's ofc.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 14:41:50  
Bismarck.Gryphen said:
Ya, sorry i should edit that. That's using Pot's ofc.
Damn not even using sushi and missing some racc gear and still decent racc
 Bismarck.Gryphen
By Bismarck.Gryphen 2010-09-14 14:51:18  
For this set to work correctly though you really need to own a failnaught. Its 1 of only 2 long bow's a THF can use. The other is the lvl30 bow from promy zones. Short bows are not worth making a THF/RNG set for as the damage on those bows just aren't enough .

I originally bought the Failnaught just to play with in campaign then quickly realized with the right setup it could be very useful in many HNM applications where I need to stay alive.
 Ramuh.Dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-09-14 15:03:47  
Or you could use a gun :).
 Bismarck.Gryphen
By Bismarck.Gryphen 2010-09-14 16:05:43  
True, could use a gun but with the selection of guns a THF can use you possibly sacrifice Racc and DoT cus of delay difference's. It is very close I will have to try a few different guns and see what the conclusion is. I also have 8/8 Archery merits and is one of the reasons i prefer bow.

From just eye balling guns it looks like an unlocked Coffin Maker would be the best choice w/o sacrificing much Racc and shot delay. Maybe Shark Gun if you don't want to spend the time unlocking Coffin Maker.

Also would want to replace Shunten Hachimaki with Saika Hachimaki.