users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » AF3 and SE hosing us again
AF3 and SE hosing us again
First Page 2
 Leviathan.Antonioklaus
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Antonioklaus 2010-09-12 14:44:39  
Ok so we can all agree the new AF3 aka Emperian gear is full of win.

Traditionally, SE has never let us store +1 +2 gear. SO, ya, how are we supposed to live with new gear on more than 1 job? Shoot, we still can't store Salvage or Nyzul gear. Come on SE give us some storage or more inventory space.

/endemorant
[+]
 Asura.Chexmix
サーバ: Asura
user: Ranae
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-09-12 14:47:26  
Should just give us job spec satchels z.z

inb4p2limitations
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-09-12 14:52:01  
I feel like most of the Empyrean armor will let us drop some of our old gear(example, AF1 and 2 BLM hats for even just the +1 hat on the BLM Empyrean), I think that not being able to store won't be too bad.
[+]
By Inem 2010-09-12 14:52:44  
I barely have enough room to hold a new set of anything!
Hopefully someday :(
 Phoenix.Degs
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-12 14:56:32  
yea all my storage is bursting at the seams... i would love some kind of new storage system, one that allows you to store weapons, then another sto store AF, another to store food and random items, etc... would make it more efficient.
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-12 15:08:22  
I currently have a total of 9 free inven space after general food/meds & all MH is full >_>

Why are we punished for having lots of gear? D:

Again.. going by the WoW thread that popped up.. at least in that game, equipped gear dont take up space.

Edit: @Degs - I'd rather Have a MH that is upgraded to say.. 100 in safe/locket/storage :/
[+]
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-12 15:26:09  
Shiva.Superdan said:
I currently have a total of 9 free inven space after general food/meds & all MH is full >_> Why are we punished for having lots of gear? D: Again.. going by the WoW thread that popped up.. at least in that game, equipped gear dont take up space. Edit: @Degs - I'd rather Have a MH that is upgraded to say.. 100 in safe/locket/storage :/
yea i know i would simply like to have more storage in general too... locker needs an expansion.. at least another 10 spots... for right now, and then a new gobbie bag/satchel to 100 would be nice... i would eventually love to see something like what i suggested though... would be kinda neat for that organization element
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-12 15:27:30  
SE dont want ppl to have more than 1 job.

And for that one job you need to spend 2.5 years worth of ToM to get the weapons and armor upgrade you need.
 Caitsith.Linear
サーバ: Caitsith
By Caitsith.Linear 2010-09-12 15:32:21  
It's easy. Don't level every job in the game. If you want to be versatile, pick your favorite job from each type (DD, Mage, etc..) and focus on those.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-12 15:32:48  
Abyssea locker plz
[+]
 Carbuncle.Zanno
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-09-12 15:44:29  
Caitsith.Linear said:
It's easy. Don't level every job in the game. If you want to be versatile, pick your favorite job from each type (DD, Mage, etc..) and focus on those.

I've done this. Every update I end up retiring one or a few jobs. I will probably retire all jobs but nin, unless they decide to make it a bit easier to get what you need to gear yourself decent.

* Mozu DMG +8: probably took like a month worth of play time to get.

* Helm Of Briareus: 0/50

* OA 2-3 times: still not done with that.

* Eva katana: havent even started yet.

* AF Feet: Took roughly 4.5 hours worth of abyssea to get.

* Seals for AF +1: 0/24 (feet, legs, head)

* Stuff for AF +2: 0/?? (feet, legs, head)

(Just some examples)

taking in to consideration the amount of time it'll take to just gear one job, I'm really not up for it to go through all this on another job, ever. lol
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-12 15:46:32  
Carbuncle.Sevourn said:
Abyssea locker plz
that would be nice.... a locker in that zone designed for new equpment.. i would like to see the ToTM moogle store those weapons for us. like finish one, put it in storage while we work on others .. or something to that extent
 Phoenix.Degs
By Phoenix.Degs 2010-09-12 16:01:53  
Carbuncle.Zanno said:
Caitsith.Linear said:
I've done this. Every update I end up retiring one or a few jobs. I will probably retire all jobs but nin, unless they decide to make it a bit easier to get what you need to gear yourself decent. * Mozu DMG +8: probably took like a month worth of play time to get. * Helm Of Briareus: 0/50 * OA 2-3 times: still not done with that. * Eva katana: havent even started yet. * AF Feet: Took roughly 4.5 hours worth of abyssea to get. * Seals for AF +1: 0/24 (feet, legs, head) * Stuff for AF +2: 0/?? (feet, legs, head) (Just some examples) taking in to consideration the amount of time it'll take to just gear one job, I'm really not up for it to go through all this on another job, ever. lol
Even the hard core gamer is going to have some trouble getting all this stuff for multiple jobs.. thats why i decided to work on pup 100% first and foremost, and level pld and dnc in the sidelines... its going to take a long time to max out 1 job the way things are looking
 Shiva.Superdan
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-09-12 16:10:22  
One of the things I have always loved about FFXI though is the ability to play several jobs on one character and being able to come whichever job is best for the situation.

That being said, I have been focus'ing most of my efforts on Blu.. And have pretty much retired PLD&SAM..

But I'm hoping these items for AF3 won't be ridiculous to get(At least for +1s..) as I would love to do BLU, DRG & BLM..
By onionknightpld 2010-09-12 16:16:28  
dont forget if u have a mog sacthel then when u do gobbie bag quest it increases too
 Bismarck.Helixx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-12 17:01:41  
solution, drop all gear that isn't as good as af3.

JK, but really, i will be forced to reduce down to 3 jobs to hold all my gear ;;

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Ramuh.Haseyo
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Haseyo
By Ramuh.Haseyo 2010-09-12 17:19:09  
Just toss away the obsolete gear!
[+]
 Bismarck.Helixx
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Helixx
By Bismarck.Helixx 2010-09-12 17:53:25  
Bismarck.Josiahkf said:
Bismarck.Helixx said:
solution, drop all gear that isn't as good as af3.

JK, but really, i will be forced to reduce down to 3 jobs to hold all my gear ;;
Or your monster kitty can carry a few sets?
Have wanted to comment on that forever : p

:p Maybe i just gotta get rid of all my low level gear
 Shiva.Khimaira
user: Sindri
By Shiva.Khimaira 2010-09-12 17:55:21  
Asura.Chexmix said:
Should just give us job spec satchels z.z inb4p2limitations

SE: Oh well, you see.. We add a bunch of useless ***, like over 1000 magian weapons youll never use, so because of this PS2s cant handle much more, this is an excellent reason, we cant add anything youll actually be able to enjoy, PS2 Limitations and such.. but we did give you some god awful stuff like DRK MACC Scythes! Because those are so often going to be used.
 Caitsith.Zefiris
user: Zefiris
By Caitsith.Zefiris 2010-09-12 17:59:21  
Gear swapping in FFXI is over the legal limit. It's beyond insane. x.x
[+]
サーバ: Titan
By Titan.Darkestknight 2010-09-12 18:03:46  
Why?

Everyone that gets almost all jobs up either do so in Summoner burns, Abyysea, and so on and have crappy, uncapped skills, and no idea what they're doing.

Get up a couple of jobs, learn those jobs, and get the AF only for them.

There is plenty space for that.

80 Inventory, 80 Storage, 80 Mog Satchel. and 80 Mog locker... so all together, 320 spaces to fill up.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-12 18:28:57  
If your after Af3, by then don't you really think you should Dump your af1, I mean that's what 50 gear? You're like lvl 85, kinda defeating the purpose of " holding on"...

...get rid of it? garbage it? idk <shrugs>
 Asura.Chexmix
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-09-12 18:30:45  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
If your after Af3, by then don't you really think you should Dump your af1, I mean that's what 50 gear? You're like lvl 85, kinda defeating the purpose of " holding on"...

Really depends on the job, MNK for example would still make use of most af1. SCH would be another I could think of off the top of my head.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 18:30:58  
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 18:31:53  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

[/quote]

Most jobs switch in AF1 for various things, MNK being the main job that does this...
 Asura.Chexmix
By Asura.Chexmix 2010-09-12 18:36:08  
To add more to that mnk also makes use of 3/5 AF2 feet for counterstance, hands for chakra, body for iddle. Cape tech too for chakra / lolchiblast

By Flionheart 2010-09-12 18:38:10  
MNK is a pretty heavy gear job, especially if you want to perfect everything as much as possible.

I believe SAM has a few switches too, and so does DRK.
 Caitsith.Neonracer
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-09-12 18:48:41  
Asura.Chexmix said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

Really depends on the job, MNK for example would still make use of most af1. SCH would be another I could think of off the top of my head.

Just /toss out what isn't important, is what I had meant.
By Flionheart 2010-09-12 18:49:41  
Caitsith.Neonracer said:
Asura.Chexmix said:
Caitsith.Neonracer said:

Just /toss out what isn't important, is what I had meant.

That would only be the legs for MNK.
First Page 2