First Page 2 3 ... 13 14
 Caitsith.Omicronceti
サーバ: Caitsith
Game: FFXI
By Caitsith.Omicronceti 2010-09-09 05:10:32  
Sylph.Vestal said:
Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Vestal said:
Idk. Anything i attempt to say about the way ffxi is heading will seem like QQing.
Its just very very different.
Grats to thoes who never had good gear though. You have won another update lottery.

Well it's not like it's getting handed to them. They still have to work their *** off for the gear. I see your point though. Ungodly awesome gear available to all in a relatively easy way. We're going to start to lose some differentiation between players which isn't a bad thing but some people like having that feeling of superiority because they have the absolute best gear.
Oh its most deffinately not being handed to them/us for thoes of us who still play and plan on getting the new gear.
Its just obtained very differently than past ffxi methods.
First, you sit at a dragon and watch a robot claim a mob and then cyber with a ls leader to get your new green refresh peice.
Now you go to a zone with a lvl 45 job, open some
Chests, and bam! Lvl 80 and enough cruror for a full new set of gear.
Idk. Too confused to argue or try to make a point. I would rather make pasta atm.
I'm...not sure what your real point is lol, and apparently neither do you. Nothing has changed really, pre-abyssea all you needed to get great gear was time and some decent people, post-abyssea it's more of the same if you boil it down to the basics.
 Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kanjirou
By Quetzalcoatl.Kanjirou 2010-09-09 05:15:32  
Midgardsormr.Sahagin said:
No harm in waiting, makes it for exciting, right? :3

Sahagin, you coming back, you fishy fiend??
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-09 09:26:38  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
Siren.Itachi said:
Ifrit.Eikechi said:

i couldn't disagree more... honestly.. head boosts ebuli and legs have +12 magic acc AND boost parsimony..whats a sch's main draw in nuking.... ebullience and parsimony with good magic acc from pants..... sorry i just really disagree there

In accordance to ebullience enhance on the head, it really depends if we get an extra strategem charge and lessen the recast of it. If it isn't an incredible boost to damage, to me it'll seem like a waste of a strategem when I could alacrity or parsimony and increase my DoT. I won't see high numbers but my efficiency and damage over all will be greater.

Now it's time to focus on the legs (also in the nuking aspect). I feel it's really simple to cap magic acc with sch and I don't need anymore. What I was really looking forward to was increase to mag. attack bonus. If the parsimony enhance is a great mp saver, then I'll take my comment back about being disappointed with this set. As with sch, I love it's efficiency and ability to cut down on mp cost greatly.

are you forgetting that the +12 magic acc now will let us nuke in stuff OTHER than AF body... so we can full nuke in teal with less resists or even the errant body or the +13int body (jasaran or w/e dropped from Ovni).... all in all AWESOME stuff for both healing and nuking sch's... enhance regen potency..*** ya seaking! lol

Everyone needs to just chill out on this gear. You probably only need to macro these into the activation of the stratagem then you can nuke in whatever you want.

You should however be drooling at the combo of these pants and your AF Body when you're sleep-ga-ing. omg omg omg

New full time nuking feet, does it get any better?

and LOL at nuking in AF+1 body, you get ~half the acc nuking with teal. What are you nuking that you really need that extra acc?
 Ifrit.Eikechi
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Eike
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 09:34:04  
well this was before i hit 80, but that T3 mamool ja VNM resisted every nuke that wasn't done in aqui staff, when I was 75....that was one example... I can't seem to land a damn thing unresisted on besieged level mobs...
 Cerberus.Zandra
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Zandra7
By Cerberus.Zandra 2010-09-09 09:44:51  
Ifrit.Eikechi said:
well this was before i hit 80, but that T3 mamool ja VNM resisted every nuke that wasn't done in aqui staff, when I was 75....that was one example... I can't seem to land a damn thing unresisted on besieged level mobs...

I have two sets for nuking one that is high acc (which i rarely ever use)

and one for power nuking (which i always use).

Shiva.Nayomi
Guildwork Premium
サーバ: Shiva
user: nayomi423
By Shiva.Nayomi 2010-09-09 11:40:45  
I know how to get the armer now and its going to suck -.- SE did it again /cheer
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 11:50:05  
Cerberus.Zandra said:
I have two sets for nuking one that is high acc (which i rarely ever use)

and one for power nuking (which i always use).

ok, well i dont have witch stone or novio..... but why would you nuke in AF+1 hat if you can get teal for +1 more int? why would you nuke in Omega if you can use another snow or 2 aquillo's rings? if magic acc is never an issue why not go full blown? or get the int+6 MAB+1 ring from Yillbegan or w/e the heck that dragon's name is?

(sorry for massive derail as this is an AF3 thread not sch thread...)
 Carbuncle.Sevourn
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Sevourn
By Carbuncle.Sevourn 2010-09-09 11:52:04  
Sylph.Oddin said:
Sylph.Vestal said:
Fenrir.Mankey said:
gimp relics will get outparsed easily by a well geared normal player
Isnt that upsetting to anybody without a relic?

Also, idk what there is left to parse, im pretty sure i spend more time not fighting now so some asshat in a blue barons set can nuke something or else i run out of time to xp in a zone designed for crappy dd's and smn burned blms.
Im just saying, whats going on right now in ffxi is kinda like if they didnt photoshop playboy.

It's not upsetting really. Just because someone took the time to earn a relic (honestly) doesn't mean they have to know how to use it. Whether they use it properly or not is solely up to them but it still stands as a testament that they accomplished something others can't or won't do.

one thing that kinda bothers me about the new gear is how it seems unfuckable uppable

the thing that always separated ffxi from most MMOs for me is that a smart player with mediocre gear could draw up good macros or a good xml file and perform better than an idiot with top-of-the-line gear

for games like WoW, it's a pure timesink contest, whoever has the most time to get the best gear will win, hands down, and i loved that ffxi found a way to avoid that.

if the pattern with perle and then af3 continues along the same lines, then good macros or xml might give you a very small advantage, but for the most part, it will be a situation where whoever spent the most time/money on his gear autowins, no brains required
 Lakshmi.Aurilius
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Aurilius
By Lakshmi.Aurilius 2010-09-09 12:09:19  
Abyssea is already easy as ***Sevourn. The game is to the point already now that you're speaking of.

You can now get two atma at a time in Abyssea. My SAM (from atma alone) can have regain, attack, double attack, and 90 mother *** str.

I mean what the ***? Shits just easy as balls now.
 Diabolos.Mysticvegeta
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Darlew
By Diabolos.Mysticvegeta 2010-09-09 12:15:11  
Omicronceti can I pleeeeeeeease have a link to your avatar.
 Ifrit.Eikechi
By Ifrit.Eikechi 2010-09-09 12:16:21  
Lakshmi.Aurilius said:
Abyssea is already easy as ***Sevourn. The game is to the point already now that you're speaking of.

You can now get two atma at a time in Abyssea. My SAM (from atma alone) can have regain, attack, double attack, and 90 mother *** str.

I mean what the ***? Shits just easy as balls now.

those only work in abyssea...and dont you think that SE realized this and made mobs accordingly to still be challenging?
 Titan.Cripnicc
サーバ: Titan
user: Cripnicc
By Titan.Cripnicc 2010-09-09 13:11:11  
Still a little fuzzy on how to get AF3 legs. pls assist

On Wiki drop area says ,Abyssea - Attohwa then under source it says Bastion Prefect. I click on Bastion Prefect and it says ,location = Abyssea - Misareaux (I-7). pls explain. btw im looking at rdm and mnk specificly

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Empyrean_Armor
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-09 13:13:43  
AF Head- Bought with cruor from the Cruor Prospectors in the new zones.

AF Legs- Purchased in the new abyssea zones at the Bastion OPs with the new currency (the name eludes me atm)

Af Feet- ...I'm still looking. lol

In case anyone is wondering how to get to the bastion OPs: Simply use the conflux at the beginning to warp to Conflux #0.

Bismarck.Animaal
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Animaal
By Bismarck.Animaal 2010-09-10 15:12:02  
Saw a sam with the feet last night and asked him where he got them from. He said Vunker Box so i'm guessing you gotta be lucky with gold pyxis to get the shoes you want?

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Sessler
サーバ: Siren
user: Sessler
By Siren.Sessler 2010-09-15 23:32:32  
until salvage gear gets upgraded
By Flionheart 2010-09-15 23:36:01  
Siren.Sessler said:

By Sessler 2010-09-15 23:42:34  
trying to convince myself i didn't spend millions for nothing..
 Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Opehlia
By Quetzalcoatl.Opehlia 2010-09-15 23:43:03  
Flionheart said:
Siren.Sessler said:

i know right ; ;
First Page 2 3 ... 13 14