users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » the better kila
the better kila
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-07 17:05:31  
Was about to post a question on possible kila choices, and ran into this thread. So instead of starting a new thread, I'll just post here.

I personally decided on a the 6 Dex Kila.

I chose this because I'm a 95% solo'ing thief. I don't have Abyssea atm. I don't really seek parties. I just solo, and do COP and Zilar missions with a friend.

I'm thinking the 6 Dex will help my TA's, and the only WS I ever use right or wrong is Dancing Edge, which DEX is a modifier.

I'm thinking the 12 accuracy along with pizza will give me plenty of accuracy on anything I'm fighting. You can see from my gear, I have a purely haste build. I never really have a problem missing. Only Kila's I debated was the DEX or AGI one, but seeing this thread made me think of the other options as well.
 Lakshmi.Hypnotizd
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: hypnotizd
By Lakshmi.Hypnotizd 2010-09-07 17:09:21  
I read the title and I thought of this song lol Sorry, off topic.

[+]
 Lakshmi.Eyrhika
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Eyrhika
By Lakshmi.Eyrhika 2010-09-07 17:14:32  
Lets assume a mixed group doing a random event. Some ppl are capped acc, some aren't. Some are uber geared, other suck.

With the weakens evasion dagger, some of your DD's will get a boost when the daggers added effect procs. Any of your well geared/merited/fooded DDs are mostly likely at or near the acc cap for said mob, and won't get any benefit.

With the weakens defense dagger, well, everyone wins. It is a lot harder to cap ATT unless you are rolling with BRDs and CORs a lot, so the weakens defense would benefit even your really well geared players.

Edit: If you really hate yourself, the proper answer is to have 2x STR, 2x DEX, 2x AGI, A weakens DEF, a weakens EVA, an AOThrice, and a high damage magian trials all done. That being said, if you do all that you may need to seek professional help.
 Bahamut.Raenryong
サーバ: Bahamut
user: RaenRyong
By Bahamut.Raenryong 2010-09-07 17:20:06  
Quote:
I'm thinking the 6 Dex will help my TA's

???
 Fenrir.Krazyrs
サーバ: Fenrir
user: krazyrs
By Fenrir.Krazyrs 2010-09-07 17:21:14  
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
Was about to post a question on possible kila choices, and ran into this thread. So instead of starting a new thread, I'll just post here.

I personally decided on a the 6 Dex Kila.

I chose this because I'm a 95% solo'ing thief. I don't have Abyssea atm. I don't really seek parties. I just solo, and do COP and Zilar missions with a friend.

I'm thinking the 6 Dex will help my TA's, and the only WS I ever use right or wrong is Dancing Edge, which DEX is a modifier.

I'm thinking the 12 accuracy along with pizza will give me plenty of accuracy on anything I'm fighting. You can see from my gear, I have a purely haste build. I never really have a problem missing. Only Kila's I debated was the DEX or AGI one, but seeing this thread made me think of the other options as well.

as Mithra im going STR/OAT HQ route
DEX is thro the roof all ready lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-09-07 17:24:56  
Bahamut.Raenryong said:
Quote:
I'm thinking the 6 Dex will help my TA's
???

sorry, meant the other one you do from behind...sneak something I forget.
 Ifrit.Darkanaseur
サーバ: Ifrit
By Ifrit.Darkanaseur 2010-09-07 17:26:04  
...>_>