Abyssea Guide(s)?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea Guide(s)?
Abyssea Guide(s)?
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-01 01:12:54  
Just wondering if there any abyssea guides somewhere. I'm tired of joining/seeing people host runs only to find out they have absolutely no clue as to wtf they're doing... which is sad seeing how the second Abyssea add-on is coming out.

I think it'd be nice to have a guide in the Abyssea page on the wiki at least (like job guides under the job pages). Anyways, there's my simple suggestion.

(Don't bother saying, "Well why don't you do it?" I'm obviously too damn lazy to do it.)
 Bismarck.Elanabelle
サーバ: Bismarck
By Bismarck.Elanabelle 2010-09-01 01:17:24  
Someone started this guide @ wikia several weeks ago.

It's a good start, but rather incomplete, and hasn't been updated in a while.

Abyssea Experience Points Alliance Guide
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-01 01:20:23  
Ahh, never saw that before. Yeah that's a good start actually. Here's hoping it gets updated/linked to a more commonly viewed page..
 Leviathan.Dissonant
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 01:32:09  
The abyssea page on wiki is full of awesome info on lights, which are all you really need to know about. Honestly, though, I don't think a guide would make much of a difference. If someone was actually interested in learning, they'd have read the wiki page already. If you're talking about the actual construction of the alliance, I guess that's different. I would write a guide, but I'm with OP here. Too lazy and I have only posted once on wiki, so I'm not too familiar with all the syntax.
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-09-01 01:40:25  
Yeah.. I figure the main page should be good enough also... yet apparently it isn't. xD And by guide I mean a guide detailing recommended setups (at least the basics i.e. Blms, Cor or Brd), and explanations of which lights to prioritize capping.
 Valefor.Endlesspath
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Endlesspath 2010-09-01 01:40:52  
Your primer for Abyssea:
1) http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Abyssea
2) http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Category:Vision_of_Abyssea_Quests

Enjoy.. its fairly overwhelming, but arguably the most rewarding expansion to the entire FFXI series.
 Leviathan.Dissonant
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 02:19:00  
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
Yeah.. I figure the main page should be good enough also... yet apparently it isn't. xD And by guide I mean a guide detailing recommended setups (at least the basics i.e. Blms, Cor or Brd), and explanations of which lights to prioritize capping.
cor, noooooo ;-;
CORs don't replace BRDs (yet) ): Not (possibly) until blitzer's roll. Double marches are such a huge boost to your damage, it's outrageous. Best Abyssea setup I can think of would be: BRDx2, DNCx2, RDMx2, BLMx2, DDx8, boxguy, randomthing. The randomthing can be pretty much anything. Maybe another BRD or COR to refresh the mages or possibly something to pull if your brds are lazy ***. Then, of course, the parties would be built: (BRD, DNC, DDx4)x2, (BLMx2, RDMx2, boxguy, randomthing)x1. Then, of course, you fight frogs. Frogs 4eva. A friend of mine told me about an interesting party on Ab'Xzomits he did with a japanese party. The alliance was built as three parties working individually to kill one mob. Apparently Ab'Xzomits pop as relatively low level, so they die quickly, yet yield less exp. So you kill these things three at a time super fast and your lights build up insanely quickly and the exp is awesome. I'd like to try this myself, but I'm afraid of messing it up myself as I just heard about it through hearsay. I assume each party is like, DDx4, BRD, BLM? Not really sure. Maybe they used BLUs for azure lights instead of BLMs so that they could fit in RDMs instead. Though I suppose a decent RDM could also nuke down an abyssea mob... I digress. I remember he was satisfied with the exp/hr at the camp, though.