Abyssea - Best Party Setups?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Abyssea - Best Party Setups?
Abyssea - Best Party Setups?
First Page 2 3 4
By RingmastersWord 2010-08-31 19:19:07  
I know that each mob can change setup. And not all setups will work every time, just because people doing better than others, or having better skill|gear. My question tho is what people have had as their best setups and on what mobs?

I'm especially looking for the best setup for frogs, as I'm hoping to make a party tonight and have had terrible luck in the past. Let the lists begin.
[+]
 Phoenix.Airbag
サーバ: Phoenix
Game: FFXI
user: Caliber
By Phoenix.Airbag 2010-08-31 19:21:20  
sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam sam/dnc using elemental weapon skills for killshots until time for pearl light
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
サーバ: Fairy
user: Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-31 19:22:52  
Two sams too many.
[+]
By RingmastersWord 2010-08-31 19:30:14  
I mostly find it a *** to balance out the melee and the mages properly. Even more-so when you need one essentially dedicated to sleep as with frogs, since they NEED dark magic to sleep.
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-08-31 19:31:27  
18 pups
[+]
By RingmastersWord 2010-08-31 19:33:47  
Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:
18 pups

Ya I'm sure I can pick that up shouting in no time;)
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-08-31 19:34:18  
RingmastersWord said:
Gilgamesh.Ittoryu said:
18 pups

Ya I'm sure I can pick that up shouting in no time;)

its easy to get pups to join.
By Wackatramp 2010-08-31 19:34:59  
No leeching key *** and a SMN who knows how to properly use Odin
[+]
By RingmastersWord 2010-08-31 19:35:52  
lol aside from actually trying to get 18 together at all, that would dis-include myself as I don't have pup lvled worth anything.
 Ifrit.Vextra
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-08-31 19:39:44  
lolpup
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-08-31 19:41:38  
Best bet is to treat it like a Merit party for 2 alliances.

that said, 3xDD, BRD/COR or DNC, 1Healer for 2

and the third party a mix of BLMs or SCHs, nuking jobs for Azure light.

Any good DD will work, hell decent DD will work, Abyssea Exp parties aren't too hard as long as people listen, so its not a death sentence not having a BRD or COR like normal merit parties.

However, Its best to worry more about finding people are aren't gimp dumbshits and can't follow directions, than finding people of the right job, just don't throw structure completely out the window.

[+]
By RingmastersWord 2010-08-31 19:49:19  
Asura.Karbuncle said:

Your saying 3xDD then a bard, a cor, or a DNC, then 2 healers? Or are you saying 3xDD, 2 buffers, and a healer?

And I assume your saying to skip a tank entirely then, or are you considering them as a DD?
Asura.Karbuncle said:

Any good DD will work, hell decent DD will work, Abyssea Exp parties aren't too hard as long as people listen, so its not a death sentence not having a BRD or COR like normal merit parties.

However, Its best to worry more about finding people are aren't gimp dumbshits and can't follow directions, than finding people of the right job, just don't throw structure completely out the window.

I agree entirely. Its either people have pushed their job only in Abyssea and couldn't care how to play it well or equip it at all (much less skill it), or they cant listen worth anything and complain that shits not working.
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-31 19:50:25  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Best bet is to treat it like a Merit party for 2 alliances. that said, 3xDD, BRD/COR or DNC, 1Healer for 2 and the third party a mix of BLMs or SCHs, nuking jobs for Azure light. Any good DD will work, hell decent DD will work, Abyssea Exp parties aren't too hard as long as people listen, so its not a death sentence not having a BRD or COR like normal merit parties. However, Its best to worry more about finding people are aren't gimp dumbshits and can't follow directions, than finding people of the right job, just don't throw structure completely out the window.

Agreed, can be annoying seeing shouts for drg and sam as only dds people want, not that it effects me at all I dont need xp atm atm just I know it sucks for good dd on oddball jobs. Tbh if I was making my own abyssea party on sylph Id take ppl I know by name over dds on jobs that generally could perform better. Also slightly less monotonous to see a sheep or an automaton do some nice dmg than seeing a billionth gekko.

Tbh for a decent kill speed all you would need is 4 monks in 2 seperate parties each with 2 brds a dnc and rdm or whm for haste too. This covers tanking and would also be quite easy on cures even with 4 mnk subbing war. Then last pty of blms/cor/smns/schs etc.
By RingmastersWord 2010-08-31 19:57:00  
Mnk burning sounds like a hell of a lot of fun. I've always wanted to try but never really got the chance to for various reasons. I'm very happy to see that bsts have finally gotten any roll in a pt that people even think about. Years ago your party would be assumed to fail if you invite a bst.

And as always, I would rather have 2 players I enjoy and that are good, plus able to listen, than have 2 morons that cant follow direction or play worth ***.
 Bahamut.Jobice
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-31 20:00:35  
You should bring at least 5-6 leechers so you gimp the whole party and dont kill as fast as you should taking 3-4 hours to cap lights and by the time you get 600 exp a kill you gotta dump merits...
[+]
 Fairy.Basilo
By Fairy.Basilo 2010-08-31 20:04:41  
Can pull off 2 monk party in merit according to vegetto, I was supposed to try it once with him on mamool but we never got around to it. Thats double march double min haste samba, haste off the mage and yea just 2 mnk/war for dd. I had one good abyssea party as mnk at 80 just for fun only rly joined cos i heard pty had a dnc and Id be getting double march. Everyone played well except our galka whm didnt hardly haste or cure which was a shame cos it would of added quite a bit to my dd with double march and haste samba already >.>. See pointless taking a whm in this instance if hes gonna scratch his *** all run id much rather have a good smn or sch.
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-09-01 03:51:51  
Bahamut.Jobice said:
You should bring at least 5-6 leechers so you gimp the whole party and dont kill as fast as you should taking 3-4 hours to cap lights and by the time you get 600 exp a kill you gotta dump merits...

Yes! This is totally what you should do. :O It's how the pros do it!!
 Leviathan.Dissonant
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 04:02:49  
Ideal setup, as I posted not too long ago in a different thread: Party 1, DDx4, BRD, DNC; party 2, DDx4, BRD, DNC; Party 3, BLMx2, RDMx2, Boxguy, (last slot can be filled with pretty much anything. Refresh for this party isn't necessary as long as you screen your BLMs/RDMs to make sure they aren't poorly geared. DNCs should take care of most of the healing and a haste samba. BRDs should, as always be doing double marches. DDs should under no circumstances sub NIN. Sub whatever is optimal for damage for that job (i.e. SAM for warriors and dark knights, warrior for monks). A real DNC should be able to take care of most their party's healing, so the RDMs are mostly there for backup heals and haste. One of the BRDs pulls. Make sure your DDs eat at least a pizza. There's really no reason not to eat a damn pizza, they're a huge boost to your attack and accuracy, only cost 4k AND they last three hours. Oh, and don't let any Askar hats in. ;-;
[+]
 Ifrit.Itazura
user: Itazura
By Ifrit.Itazura 2010-09-01 05:00:23  
DD Party:
Melee DD x3, DNC, BRD/WHM, COR/WHM
Put the best three DDs here; BRD and/or COR handle Haste and are backup to DNC for curing. Haste Samba, of course. Can replace one DNC or BRD or COR with another DD if can't get all three (DNC+BRD+COR).

If don't have Lv.80 COR or BRD, go with: DDx4, BRD, WHM (or RDM or SCH80/WHM40) instead. Haste + March x2 + Haste Samba is just too good to pass up if the alliance can get the jobs together.

Nuke Party:
BLM (or SCH) x4~5, BRD and/or COR.
BRD or COR would be the main puller for the alliance.

Misc. Party:
1 box opener, 1~2 healers, 1~2 main assist, BLUs, misc. DDs/mages/whatever.

The box opener should have stacks of keys; be good at opening chests, and fast about handing out items from boxes.

The rest are relatively flexible.

WAR/NIN, NIN/WAR, PLD/NIN, DRK/NIN all can work fine as main /assist--the key is to switch mob before the current one dies, and get that Provoke/Flash/Stun out so critter don't chase after the puller.

RDM or WHM or SCH all fill the healer role nicely, though if using SCH, may want to ask for /WHM for Haste ahead of time. The healers should be ready to cross cure and even Haste.

Also a good place to stick in a backup puller.

Why bother with such a buffed setup?

Because I'm tired of taking 4 hours to get to 600 exp/kill, and because 600 exp/kill every 20 seconds is twice as good of exp as 600 exp/kill every 40 seconds.

If the puller isn't bringing them in two at a time, the alliance is killing too slowly.
[+]
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 05:36:27  
Ifrit.Itazura said:
This setup definitely seems lackluster to me... Bringing a PLD or NIN is completely unnecessary, I've found, and I'm sure there are tons of real jobs who want exps. A WAR/sam would be much better suited to the main assist job, DNCs should be able to heal him through hasso if the battles are really going that quickly and if not, he can switch to seigan. The STP trait from /sam isn't as negligible as some people would like to think. Also, I think your setup has way too many BLMs, in my opinion two is enough if they aren't in trash for gear. I am able to solo azure lights in most abyssea parties on BLM myself and I'm not some insanely geared morrigan's robe BLM, either. Five just seems way overboard. You are sacrificing a lot of space for potential DDs. Also wasting a brd or cor refreshing them isn't necessary, one BLM getting refresh should be fine with /rdm for convert, though it is quite likely you'd have to rest for a moment every once in a while (in which case you can switch to melee/WS kills), though I could see the demand for MP getting higher as kills get faster, so an extra BLM or two wouldn't hurt and would likely provide more MP than a BRD or COR. I really like my suggested setup because it's pretty easily obtainable and it does a hell of a job. If you really wanted to, you could replace one DD in each of the DD parties with a COR, I'm sure that would speed things up a good amount and it ends up being nearly twice as much DD as your suggestion. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just looking at your post thinking it's far from optimal.
[+]
 Asura.Chareos
user: chareos
By Asura.Chareos 2010-09-01 05:36:59  
I'm not a huge fan of blm's or sch in abyssea, after you've capped azure light they're not very productive (IMO, there are exceptions who play well)

My perfect setup would be

DDx4, BRD or COR, Healer.
x3

2 BRDs pull/sleep, chest ***(only one allowed to be a leech) takes a dd space, and 2 BLUs take dd spaces. If you really want to DNC can take a dd space in party as well for haste samba, but that's preference depending on what you have available.

BLUs cap azure light, and then you're golden, you'd get a fantastic killspeed from this, as you havent got a whole party of blm's who are doing comparably little damage once you've capped azure, your damage output is high and constant regardless of what light you're aiming for.

Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 05:38:00  
The amount of bad DNC in Abyssea is staggering. It's sad because the job can do so well when it's used right.
[+]
 Asura.Chareos
By Asura.Chareos 2010-09-01 05:38:59  
Leviathan.Dissonant said:
Ifrit.Itazura said:
This setup definitely seems lackluster to me... Bringing a PLD or NIN is completely unnecessary, I've found, and I'm sure there are tons of real jobs who want exps. A WAR/sam would be much better suited to the main assist job, DNCs should be able to heal him through hasso if the battles are really going that quickly and if not, he can switch to seigan. The STP trait from /sam isn't as negligible as some people would like to think. Also, I think your setup has way too many BLMs, in my opinion two is enough if they aren't in trash for gear. I am able to solo azure lights in most abyssea parties on BLM myself and I'm not some insanely geared morrigan's robe BLM, either. Five just seems way overboard. You are sacrificing a lot of space for potential DDs. Also wasting a brd or cor refreshing them isn't necessary, one BLM getting refresh should be fine with /rdm for convert, though it is quite likely you'd have to rest for a moment every once in a while (in which case you can switch to melee/WS kills), though I could see the demand for MP getting higher as kills get faster, so an extra BLM or two wouldn't hurt and would likely provide more MP than a BRD or COR. I really like my suggested setup because it's pretty easily obtainable and it does a hell of a job. If you really wanted to, you could replace one DD in each of the DD parties with a COR, I'm sure that would speed things up a good amount and it ends up being nearly twice as much DD as your suggestion. I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm just looking at your post thinking it's far from optimal.
Yeah I agree, PLDs or NINs are pretty much useless in abyssea exp, you can have one and still do decently, but as the title's "Best Party Setup's?"... no.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 05:39:13  
Asura.Chareos said:
I'm not a huge fan of blm's or sch in abyssea, after you've capped azure light they're not very productive (IMO, there are exceptions who play well)

x3

2 BRDs pull/sleep, chest ***(only one allowed to be a leech) takes a dd space, and 2 BLUs take dd spaces. If you really want to DNC can take a dd space in party as well for haste samba, but that's preference depending on what you have available.

BLUs cap azure light, and then you're golden, you'd get a fantastic killspeed from this, as you havent got a whole party of blm's who are doing comparably little damage once you've capped azure, your damage output is high and constant regardless of what light you're aiming for.

I like how bards are still expected to do pretty much everything even though buffing and debuffing takes time. Make the Cor pull or be a chest *** for once >.>
[+]
 Asura.Chareos
By Asura.Chareos 2010-09-01 05:43:25  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Chareos said:

x3

I like how bards are still expected to do pretty much everything even though buffing and debuffing takes time. Make the Cor pull or be a chest *** for once >.>
Didn't fancy saying "BRD or COR" that many more times, but either is good, I've had a thf pull ridiculously well and all brds stay at camp and sing songs ^^
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-09-01 05:47:15  
Asura.Chareos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Chareos said:

x3

Didn't fancy saying "BRD or COR" that many more times, but either is good, I've had a thf pull ridiculously well and all brds stay at camp and sing songs ^^

Lol I was just messing about. It gets a bit boring if you're just singing songs as a brd, it's nice to mix it up.

It's annoying having to lead a group of BLM's in Abyssea though, by telling them which worms to fight >.>
 Ifrit.Vextra
user: Vextra
By Ifrit.Vextra 2010-09-01 05:48:38  
Asura.Chareos said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Asura.Chareos said:

x3

I pulled on pld and usually always had a mob waiting, 2+ if we were doing lolmandies
 Leviathan.Dissonant
By Leviathan.Dissonant 2010-09-01 05:49:59  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
The amount of bad DNC in Abyssea is staggering. It's sad because the job can do so well when it's used right.
This is why I examine people before I invite them. You can tell a lot by how someone is geared, though lots of people will beg to differ. It's not about seeing if someone has "good" gear, it's about seeing if they have "smart" gear. Walahra turban is smart. Denali bonnet, not so much. TPing in dusk gloves is smart. TPing in Aurore gloves, not so much. A BLU in a STR magian sword is smart. BLU in a magian macc sword...well, that's for a different thread. ;-; See my point, though? I don't care if you have a damn Apocalypse or Bravura, if you're wearing an askar helm, you're not being smart and I can't trust you to perform well. (I saw an apocalypse askar hat drk the other day FoVing...QQ)
[+]
 Asura.Chareos
By Asura.Chareos 2010-09-01 05:50:11  
I think the thing with brd pulling is that they can do so and not detract from the damage output of the alliance, if you had any other non-dd job that was pulling outside of those, you're losing a potential dd space.
 Cerberus.Kvazz
サーバ: Cerberus
user: kvazz
By Cerberus.Kvazz 2010-09-01 05:52:01  
Asura.Karbuncle said:

^
Wish people could actually build them like this.

Instead I allways get stuck with this:
"NO WE NEED 2 PLDS!"
"what? why?"
"TO TANK OFC!"
"? they lose hate after a dd WS anyways.."
"BUT THE PLDS ARE TANKS!"

First Page 2 3 4