80THF Farming Idea's?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » 80THF Farming Idea's?
80THF Farming Idea's?
 Bahamut.Jobice
サーバ: Bahamut
Game: FFXI
user: Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-30 21:02:12  
Seem's like everything I try and farm is either over camped or SE's nerfed the drop rate. Just looking for some friendly suggestions for something to farm and make some decent gil on. I use to farm Fei'Yin for Enfire II, Reraise II and magic pot shards but it seems like the drop rate for RRII is almost non-existent.
[+]
 Phoenix.Probester
サーバ: Phoenix
user: probe
By Phoenix.Probester 2010-08-30 21:15:15  
Personally if you spend some time in Beadeux(spelling fail!) you can make some money on sapphire quads farming scrolls along with stealing gold beastcoins you can make some money
 Gilgamesh.Minusseven
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Minusseven 2010-08-30 21:23:54  
I have no idea how bonecrafters make money (looking at your profile) but i would link your farming or money making with your crafts. You may need to work on it a bit more before its more profitable but its definatly worth it!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Bahamut.Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-30 21:40:33  
Gilgamesh.Minusseven said:
I have no idea how bonecrafters make money (looking at your profile) but i would link your farming or money making with your crafts. You may need to work on it a bit more before its more profitable but its definatly worth it!
Yeah no clue either but I picked it because the majority of the items are easily farmed or cheap on the AH. I think you can make money off of Antilion Traps @ level 70 and Cursed items later on.
 Caitsith.Enygma
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Enygma3
By Caitsith.Enygma 2010-08-30 21:57:04  
Just go to The boyada tree, and kill goobbue's up near steelshells for lumber, lumber is about 20% drop rate from each, and npcs for 6-7k each depending on fame. This way you dont have to worry about spamming AH or killing anyones profits. But you can make 100-200k/Hour depending on how fast you kill. Go /DNC because it spams a glaze attack that silences, so you dont want to have to bring echos, if your /dnc ur hp will always be full and you'll never need to waste tools/echos to kill them.
 Bahamut.Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-30 22:00:19  
Caitsith.Enygma said:
Just go to The boyada tree, and kill goobbue's up near steelshells for lumber, lumber is about 20% drop rate from each, and npcs for 6-7k each depending on fame. This way you dont have to worry about spamming AH or killing anyones profits. But you can make 100-200k/Hour depending on how fast you kill. Go /DNC because it spams a glaze attack that silences, so you dont want to have to bring echos, if your /dnc ur hp will always be full and you'll never need to waste tools/echos to kill them.
I tried that when I first came back. I think SE nerfed the drops for lumber or I just have really bad luck.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Siren.Delirium
サーバ: Siren
user: Delirium
By Siren.Delirium 2010-08-30 22:07:38  
Caitsith.Enygma said:

I like this myself. Bring your NPC along with you and it goes super smooth when they're set to soothing healer.

Or farm Alky/Pallas
 Bahamut.Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-30 22:26:21  
Siren.Delirium said:
Caitsith.Enygma said:

I like this myself. Bring your NPC along with you and it goes super smooth when they're set to soothing healer.

Or farm Alky/Pallas
Mine is Soothing Healer level 64
 Asura.Shamaya
サーバ: Asura
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-08-30 22:43:36  
Idk about farming solo, but I've trio'd the Thew Bomblet NM and made a fortune. Went as Rdm/Whm, Thf/Nin, and Drg/Whm. Really great combination but we're good players with good gear. Need a lot of evasion for that thing and gotta keep debuffs on him constantly. I'd like to duo it some time rdm + thf, but I dual box and it'd probably get me killed.

You can try fighting the tiger that drops tumbler trunks as rdm/whm + thf/nin 2x or a similar setup. Need 2 eva tanks on it to be safe, I'd say. Others found this easy but I found it difficult. I'm not sure if it was cuz I sucked, my co-tank sucked, or I couldn't dual box it effectively.

You can also try fighting the NM that drops the new magic attack ammo piece. I trio'd that to about 10% before I got pretty much one shotted. 33% the next time and got one shotted. But other than one-shot moves it is incredibly easy to tank and goes down fast. I'd recommend always keeping HP really high. Like at least 1200+, but the higher the better. The reason I got one-shotted was because I had a drg/whm there and was keeping my HP at about 1k so he could easily cure it back up.

If you can duo/trio abyssea NM's like this, they can be very profitable.
 Bahamut.Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-30 23:14:15  
Asura.Shamaya said:
Idk about farming solo, but I've trio'd the Thew Bomblet NM and made a fortune. Went as Rdm/Whm, Thf/Nin, and Drg/Whm. Really great combination but we're good players with good gear. Need a lot of evasion for that thing and gotta keep debuffs on him constantly. I'd like to duo it some time rdm + thf, but I dual box and it'd probably get me killed.

You can try fighting the tiger that drops tumbler trunks as rdm/whm + thf/nin 2x or a similar setup. Need 2 eva tanks on it to be safe, I'd say. Others found this easy but I found it difficult. I'm not sure if it was cuz I sucked, my co-tank sucked, or I couldn't dual box it effectively.

You can also try fighting the NM that drops the new magic attack ammo piece. I trio'd that to about 10% before I got pretty much one shotted. 33% the next time and got one shotted. But other than one-shot moves it is incredibly easy to tank and goes down fast. I'd recommend always keeping HP really high. Like at least 1200+, but the higher the better. The reason I got one-shotted was because I had a drg/whm there and was keeping my HP at about 1k so he could easily cure it back up.

Verry good idea's ty :D
 Leviathan.Remoraforever
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Remoraforever 2010-08-30 23:57:32  
Yea, quite frankly the only thing I can think of off the top of my head is Thew bomblet and other Abyssea related NM drops. Not much that a THF can really far with SE constantly nerfing farm spots.
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-08-31 00:21:09  
Asura.Shamaya said:

*** ;;

Secondly, the Thew Bomblet NM is probably the easiest of the three listed, keeping it Debuffed and making sure to get HP boost from the NPC (MP for the mages) will prevent his HP_Down move from effecting you.

the Tiger would be worlds easier with a BRD too, Haste or Evasion songs depending on your gear (probably haste), and Elegy on top of Slow II / Paralyze makes the fight much simpler. Without a BRD it can get tough, and 1 Lucky strike from the tiger with an En-doom proc could (and probably will) lead to failure.

Haven't fought Lachrymater so couldn't tell you on that one
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-08-31 02:25:59  
I think I only read about one guy who 2thf/nin'ed it w/ a rdm & no bard but after doing it I don't think anyone can just go in and be assured victory. You weren't the only one who I did it with btw Karbie >,<. That NM irked me; had to watch shadows very carefully so it could be that I was not reapplying debuffs consistently on my rdm. I really have no idea ><.

I'm sure there are other Abyssea NM's that can be low manned for profit. Probably a bunch. Just a lot I haven't tried.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-08-31 02:27:59  
I know of quite a few that can be effectively low-manned but i can't think of many that a THF Could low-man lol.

Not for gil anyway.

You could get your hands on Trotters/Striders boots and THF/COR Quick-draw kite around strategic Structures at level 80, though i wouldn't be able to give you the slightest clue as to which NMs or where you can, I just know it can be done =\
 Bahamut.Jobice
By Bahamut.Jobice 2010-08-31 20:02:43  
I use to farm Dragon Blood from the bats in Ifrits Cauldron but now they are only worth like 10k and its a shitty drop rate. Anything in LOLSky I can solo as THF or maybe Sea?
 Lakshmi.Galvaya
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Galvaya
By Lakshmi.Galvaya 2010-08-31 20:09:24  
My spot is Castle Oztroja. The yagudo's on the very top floor have gold beastcoins you can steal, and there's a BLM/BRD/NIN up there, and drop the accordingly spells. If they don't AH well, they're with a few K on NPC. Also, the ninja's in the middle drop Ni elemental magic scrolls, and that can go for a decent amount.
I have a few other spots but, I can't go telling you all the tricks!
 Odin.Katoke
サーバ: Odin
user: Katoke
By Odin.Katoke 2010-08-31 20:38:35  
Ladybug wings.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-01 00:19:21  
Odin.Katoke said:
Ladybug wings.

I did that during my MNK / BST Magian trials...

Made like 400k in total across the both of them, it was nice considering i had to do it anyway lol.

9k/stack for the wings (at the quest NPC) for those who didn't know.
 Odin.Katoke
サーバ: Odin
user: Katoke
By Odin.Katoke 2010-09-01 00:30:53  
Asura.Karbuncle said:
Odin.Katoke said:
Ladybug wings.

I did that during my MNK / BST Magian trials...

Made like 400k in total across the both of them, it was nice considering i had to do it anyway lol.

9k/stack for the wings (at the quest NPC) for those who didn't know.

Can be rather profitable and don't have to wait for things to sell, just load up on a few stacks of bug wings and return to town to trade to npc. :D
 Bismarck.Dovlei
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Dovlei
By Bismarck.Dovlei 2010-09-01 00:33:18  
My cash for awhile was antlion's down near Chamber of Oracles. Pauldrons sell fast / can steal & mug and drop dark steel ores.

That or milking the NMs in Sea Serpent Grotto along with stealing coins.

Other than that the rounds in Labrynth of Onzonzo. Cockatrice meat is a steady seller and the chests there are nice easy cash. Gobs you can steal mythril coins(?) from and some drop gold and steel ingots.

Kinda so-so camps but have worked well for me.
 Ifrit.Jurai
サーバ: Ifrit
user: Jurai
By Ifrit.Jurai 2010-09-01 00:50:52  
I used to farm with thf 75 in tree vs elder goobs with my npc for some good money. I assume it's easier now at 80. Peeps still need tree cuttings and can still npc the woods for 6k+ each.

I sometimes have really bad luck with the lumber- so I'd just ignore a very low rate now and then.

Also, getting max lvl npc really helps a lot- I've had for a very long time so no sure where/when.. been farming with max npc and 75 thf there for 2 yr up till this update with very good profits and not much work.
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2010-09-01 01:38:11  
npc or Ah avatar bloods from the spiders in Pso'Xja. they npc for 3.6k but the drop rate is pretty low. by the time you get about a stack you should also have bout 3-4 stacks of lizard blood (which npc for about 400). Grey chips also sell for 700, but they are not stackable.
 Asura.Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-09-01 02:41:28  
Bismarck.Dovlei said:
My cash for awhile was antlion's down near Chamber of Oracles. Pauldrons sell fast / can steal & mug and drop dark steel ores.

Anticans*

I used to do this, i forgot about that. Would make a path from the Shaman's Cloak NM > up to the Loxley Bow NM > Back down near Save the Queen NM > To Shaman's Cloak in a big circle, killing all the NM Placeholders in the process (And the Cactaur for Cactus Stems).

NMs drop a good amount of gil, can mug for a nice amount, and also have chances to drop Darksteel Ores.

I also had my brother though, a goldsmither, who i would give the Mythril Ore and Mythril Beastcoins to synth into Ingots then into Reraise Earrings.

Also Turned the Pauldrons into Beast pets Via Synergy, large profit in that for a while, dunno about now adays.
 Bismarck.Pimpjuice
By Bismarck.Pimpjuice 2010-09-01 03:46:36  
anticans, thats good too. pauldrons usually sell very fast and its a bonus if you can dsynth them. i used to make a killing on them before i moved on to mining.