Issues With Benchmark Program.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIV » General » Issues with Benchmark program.
Issues with Benchmark program.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
Game: FFXI
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-08-22 15:13:25  
Diabolos.Chupacabra said:
A desktop is your best bet for 14. :)

I've yet to see a new laptop that didn't cost $1500 ish play ffxiv well. Even at $1500, you have to pick and choose your laptops carefully. An i7 paired with intel HD graphics won't play it, no matter how expensive the laptop is... nor will an Atom matched with a mobile 5870.

I can point anyone to a laptop that will run FFXIV at high settings for less than 800 dollars.
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-22 15:24:20  
Siren.Enternius said:

I've yet to see a new laptop that didn't cost $1500 ish play ffxiv well. Even at $1500, you have to pick and choose your laptops carefully. An i7 paired with intel HD graphics won't play it, no matter how expensive the laptop is... nor will an Atom matched with a mobile 5870.

I can point anyone to a laptop that will run FFXIV at high settings for less than 800 dollars.

Mine can, and I know its less than 800 dollars nowadays.

As for the error, thats just damned peculiar. Why it won't install due to an unverified .cab makes no sense. As for the graphics card, you might want to do some research as to what is compatible right now. 14 still isn't complete so it might not function properly with said card yet. As an example, when alpha and the first beta phase came out, people were having an insane time even getting it to load on intel's iX series processors. It just depends on hardware compatibility, and this game is being made around nvidia tech, therefore it may not necessarily work with all Radeon architectures yet.
 Bismarck.Veruna
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2010-08-22 15:28:54  
Carbuncle.Shadowwind said:

As for the error, thats just damned peculiar. Why it won't install due to an unverified .cab makes no sense. As for the graphics card, you might want to do some research as to what is compatible right now. 14 still isn't complete so it might not function properly with said card yet. As an example, when alpha and the first beta phase came out, people were having an insane time even getting it to load on intel's iX series processors. It just depends on hardware compatibility, and this game is being made around nvidia tech, therefore it may not necessarily work with all Radeon architectures yet.

This makes me a little worried. I don't want to end up picking a game that doesn't work for my computer (cough Warhammer). It wouldn't be the first time and I sure as heck don't want it to happen any more.

An unsettling feeling it is to pay for something that doesn't even work, ya know?
By Zekko 2010-08-22 15:30:34  
Siren.Enternius said:

Crowded areas etc
 Carbuncle.Shadowwind
By Carbuncle.Shadowwind 2010-08-22 15:31:11  
I'm not saying it won't. Odds are at the final release it will. Just saying for right now, the benchmark may not because it may not support said Radeon architecture. Best thing to do is to find people with the same card, see if it works for them, and then narrow it down from there. However, that DirectX issue is a big one. You may need to look up support for Windows to figure that one out.
 Bismarck.Veruna
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Veruna
By Bismarck.Veruna 2010-08-22 15:34:20  
Well it's less of an issue now. I found the files I needed, but I'm stuck with another error which I'm not sure what it is related too.

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b).
Click OK to close the application.
"

^ This probably isn't anything good either, haven't really ever encountered an error like that.
 Carbuncle.Kyofooyo
user: Kyofooyo
By Carbuncle.Kyofooyo 2010-08-22 18:50:39  
Bismarck.Veruna said:
Carbuncle.Kyofooyo said:

I've had this error twice before (on two different computers). Here is what worked for me every time:

"Go to Microsoft's website and do a search for "DirectX End-User Runtime". The first page the search comes up with should help you (the page should say "DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer"." --PLDXavier

http://ffxiv.zam.com/story.html?story=22544

Please refer to my post after showing an error after downloading the End-User Runtime program.

try this:

http://ask-leo.com/a_cabinet_file_cannot_be_trusted_why.html
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [2092 days between previous and next post]
 Odin.Nezkeys
サーバ: Odin
user: nezkeys79
By Odin.Nezkeys 2016-05-14 20:32:15  
This program is stupid. I just downloaded it out of curiosity, ran it and watched the benchmark and the demonstration videos and it showed a disgusting blurry image which is nothing like the graphics I get on my laptop when I'm playing.