Scars Of Abyssea Website Unveiled! - Reaction

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » Scars of Abyssea Website Unveiled! - Reaction
Scars of Abyssea Website Unveiled! - Reaction
First Page 2
 Alexander.Stormzz
サーバ: Alexander
Game: FFXI
user: Stormzz
By Alexander.Stormzz 2010-08-18 10:44:36  
Hey there,

I usually just browse these forums, keeping my comments to myself to as not to incite a riot of hatred from the unforgiving patrons of this site(which I actually quite enjoy watching), but today I felt I had something worth sharing.

I was somewhat excited when I read the newest press/news release from SE, "Scars of Abyssea Website Unveiled". This was my first mistake. Having expectations.

When reading the short press release, they announce the release and launch of the new Scars of Abyssea website, with a link to visit.

What they don't announce is the complete lack of anything worth visiting.

Perhaps I'm biased, being in the web industry as a creative professional, but this borders on silly.

When your press release about the launch of a new site consists of a link to a mostly empty site, with only 2 of 5 pages containing content, you tend to lose the both the 'wow' factor and your credibility.

Maybe it's just me being critical, but it seems to me that Sqaure-Enix follows this pattern in several areas. They release a big announcement, stating they will be releasing more big announcements in the future. To me that is just excessive, and detrimental to the overall impact of the message, but they must be doing something right if they are a successful company.

Sorry if this seemed like a rant, as it wasn't my intention. More of an observation of the way Square-Enix handles releasing information about their products to the consumers who use them.

My question to everyone is; would you as a player rather have an announcement that you will be getting more informational announcements soon? Or just one big announcement with all the details, but slightly delayed?
[+]
 Cerberus.Cair
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Cairthenn
By Cerberus.Cair 2010-08-18 10:50:29  
Seriously?
[+]
 Asura.Rinkydink
サーバ: Asura
user: rinkydink
By Asura.Rinkydink 2010-08-18 10:54:19  
gets rid of the crap bits early.. then.. gives us something to discuss..

nothing wrong with that? seeing how people have been asking when its coming out what areas maybe involved etc..

its pretty good if u ask me
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-18 10:56:44  
SE has always opted to do "teasers" for updates, then followed by new feature previews, then job adjustments right before release.

I would guess most people are used to that pattern by now, but yes, I am sure they could make one big announcement...not sure that is in their marketing/release interests, but they possibly could.
[+]
 Siren.Kuz
サーバ: Siren
user: RobKuz
By Siren.Kuz 2010-08-18 11:00:18  
Alexander.Stormzz said:

I usually just browse these forums, keeping my comments to myself to as not to incite a riot of hatred from the unforgiving patrons of this site(which I actually quite enjoy watching), but today I felt I had something worth sharing.

[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 11:10:36  
I like the teasers.

It annoys me when people greedily want all the information immediately.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Phoenix.Valefar
サーバ: Phoenix
user: bbane
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-08-18 11:14:57  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Alexander.Stormzz said:

Sorry, I couldn't resist, even though I tried very hard not to post this lol >_>;

Very mature, if I was lame enough to have one of those "pictures for all occasions" I'd mark your post as the "DFR" (Dumb *** Response).
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 11:24:26  
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
It's called a joke, grow a sense of humor and don't take everything so seriously.

Could say the same to you in a lot of threads :/
[+]

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 11:28:44  
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Alexander.Stormzz said:

Sorry, I couldn't resist, even though I tried very hard not to post this lol >_>;

Very mature, if I was lame enough to have one of those "pictures for all occasions" I'd mark your post as the "DFR" (Dumb *** Response).

Also, STFU.
 Phoenix.Valefar
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-08-18 11:47:28  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Alexander.Stormzz said:

Also, STFU.

How about no? People should grow a brain before they let loose any and every joke out there, even on a video game site.
[+]
 Phoenix.Valefar
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-08-18 11:48:05  
Pandemonium.Spicyryan said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Alexander.Stormzz said:

Go *** yourself as well, "ROCKER-DEWD"
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 11:48:22  
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Alexander.Stormzz said:

Also, STFU.

How about no? People should grow a brain before they let loose any and every joke out there, even on a video game site.

Stop being a ***.
 Phoenix.Valefar
By Phoenix.Valefar 2010-08-18 11:51:17  
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Alexander.Stormzz said:

Also, STFU.

Stop being a ***.

says :http://i38.tinypic.com/20pg9g.jpg
[+]

Post deleted by User.
 Bahamut.Stanflame
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Stanflame
By Bahamut.Stanflame 2010-08-18 12:04:22  
Cerberus.Cair said:
Seriously?

The site will be updated over time, it is not like they do not have the info.. as the month goes by before the update they release it. I would just not worry about this if I was the Op.
[+]
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-08-18 12:08:25  
Anyways...

Did anyone notice the cool lookin new gearz?

LOOK in the first SS, the RDM has a sweet lookin new hat.

Maybe AF3 will be released in this add-on?

AND the Ninja in the 2nd SS has a new Hat too!

:O
[+]
By RingmastersWord 2010-08-18 12:26:23  
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Anyways...

Did anyone notice the cool lookin new gearz?

LOOK in the first SS, the RDM has a sweet lookin new hat.

Maybe AF3 will be released in this add-on?

AND the Ninja in the 2nd SS has a new Hat too!

:O

I think you may just be the only one to have noticed. Great attention to detail. That does make things more interesting.

My assumption was that these were more wings areas. Tho not sure obviously.
 Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Wyuli
By Quetzalcoatl.Wyuli 2010-08-18 12:37:44  
First picture reminds me of Lufaise Meadows, due to the bridge in the near background.

Second picture makes me think either Meriphataud, or Sarutabaruta. Heck, Attohwa Chasm is a stretch here.

Third picture...orz Archaic Machinery...
By RingmastersWord 2010-08-18 12:42:35  
Lufaise Meadow does make more sense >.>
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-18 12:44:34  
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:
Phoenix.Valefar said:
Lakshmi.Mabrook said:
Alexander.Stormzz said:

Also, STFU.

Stop being a ***.

says :http://i38.tinypic.com/20pg9g.jpg

Yes, Yes I do.

If it makes you feel better, you're not a ***... You're a QQing ***bag.

I'd like to know how my picture proves I'm a *** though, if anything it proves I'm a member of the Taliban.
 Caitsith.Judaine
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Judaine
By Caitsith.Judaine 2010-08-18 12:45:21  
RingmastersWord said:
Lufaise Meadow does make more sense >.>

My quote from another thread
Caitsith.Judaine said:
Leviathan.Rihoko said:
1st Pic: Attohwa Chasm
2nd Pic: Bibiki Bay
3rd Pic: Lufaise Meadows or Misareaux Coast

Both zones are from CoP expansion. For confusion about Bibiki Bay look again carefully.

3rd HAS to be Misareaux Coast. You can't get that view of the bridge in Lufaise.

Walk out into Misareaux Coast from the bottom exit in Tavnazia, go to the birds that are right outside the exit, and go look at the bridge.

Go look for yourself.
By RingmastersWord 2010-08-18 15:44:56  
Sweet sounds like fun regardless of where!
 Asura.Dameshi
Forum Moderator
Bug Hunter
サーバ: Asura
user: dameshi
By Asura.Dameshi 2010-08-18 15:48:12  
Thank god, the loldrama wasn't created by an Asura player. I'm so sick of the stigma!
[+]

Post deleted by User.
First Page 2