フォーラム » FFXI » Endgame » Abyssea » How not to do Abyssea
How not to do Abyssea
First Page 2
 Shiva.Superdan
サーバ: Shiva
Game: FFXI
user: SuperDan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 15:55:23  
Incoming /rant / QQ thread / Whatever else you're going to call it. Cba to edit screenies so I spoilered them.

Okay so.. See a shout for aby-kon and figure what the hell. Get invite, and stood waiting about for 90mins. Finally get to the maw and see this..

And

Now, as you can see here, myself and a couple others try to correct them, not in an elitist *** way.. but in a "We don't want a shitty run" way. Completely ignored us and carried on. I was considering warping already, my only regret is that I didn't.

Then, about 30mins into the run or so, the leader then kicks the thf (Who had done 2-3 ruby lights or so, this screenshot was taken after, as I didn't click at the time.)

Once again, tried to reason with the leader about their... Ahem.. Strategy.

5 minutes later, another person drops. Their main reason for kicking people was to "Not waste everyones time" which I thought HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, as they're wasting more peoples time. I admit, I was a little pushy trying to make them see reason, but what can I say? I was attempting to help out, albeit not in the most polite manner. The 5th screenshot is there just to show I didn't get the final blow on the 4th.. As it looks like it, and I know someone would point it out >_>

and finally the last pic wont spoiler.... dunno why :/

About 2-3 minutes after this, I got kicked. Not for doing pearl or ruby lights, but because they didn't want people telling them how it works. I sent them a /t saying they should read up on lights before trying to organise an alliance and wasting peoples time, to which they resonded, and I quote "on the contrary my friend i no precidely how it works and i {thank you} for your input".

Moral of the story.. Warp now, not later ;p

inb4 coolstroybro
[+]
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 15:57:59  
Editing <.< Same damn SS
 Bismarck.Rinako
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-08-17 16:02:01  
To be honest, I probably would have left before entering just for the fact the leader didn't seem open to anyone's suggestions or anyone's ideas of how light is suppose to be built. :\ I hope you didn't stay in there for long unless it did in-fact improve.. lol
 Shiva.Borealis
user: Kristian
By Shiva.Borealis 2010-08-17 16:03:51  
Samusaron is a faglet. Seriously bad player who leads a group of more bad players into bad things that they make bad with their badness. He occasionally shouts abuse at people in WG for no apparent reason. Not sure what his linkshell is called but I recommend avoiding anyone in and around it.
[+]
 Leviathan.Chaosx
サーバ: Leviathan
user: ChaosX128
By Leviathan.Chaosx 2010-08-17 16:05:36  
I would've left after he started kicking ppl.
[+]
 Leviathan.Anbu
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Anbu 2010-08-17 16:07:10  
Leviathan.Chaosx said:
I would've left after he started kicking ppl.

^^ This
 Gilgamesh.Dionel
サーバ: Gilgamesh
user: Dionel
By Gilgamesh.Dionel 2010-08-17 16:07:28  
Don't party with people who don't know what they are doing. I learned that lesson long time ago.
[+]
 Carbuncle.Virtuosus
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: Virtuosus
By Carbuncle.Virtuosus 2010-08-17 16:10:36  
Judging by your screenshots it seems your LS was very interested in what you had to say. :o
[+]
 Shiva.Arroon
user: Arroon
By Shiva.Arroon 2010-08-17 16:10:43  
Coolstorybro... =p
 Shiva.Darkmacabre
By Shiva.Darkmacabre 2010-08-17 16:11:43  
lmfao.... I was unfortunate to join one of Samusaron's runs before. Never again for the same goddamn reasons. I ran DM with him... and yes he cant' type for ***but he knew how to do it there. Abyssea however.... yeah, no. His runs are horrible. He even calls a time to enter the zone as if it was something else.

If you like to join rather than make, Brandmuffin, Verone and I in Shiva server sometimes host our own runs that can last a very long time. Our last good run ran 12 hours and I ended up fully meriting a whole job and had leftover merits.

(inb4: Nice way to advertise your ***.)
[+]
 Fairy.Blackmist
サーバ: Fairy
user: Blackmist
By Fairy.Blackmist 2010-08-17 16:15:56  
wow >. > Even I had more commen sence then this, when abyssea came out, >.>

some ppl x.x'

Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 16:17:47  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:
Judging by your screenshots it seems your LS was very interested in what you had to say. :o
haha yeah there was only 2 people online, and hey i like talking to myself ;p
Shiva.Darkmacabre said:
lmfao.... I was unfortunate to join one of Samusaron's runs before. Never again for the same goddamn reasons. I ran DM with him... and yes he cant' type for ***but he knew how to do it there. Abyssea however.... yeah, no. His runs are horrible. He even calls a time to enter the zone as if it was something else.

If you like to join rather than make, Brandmuffin, Verone and I in Shiva server sometimes host our own runs that can last a very long time. Our last good run ran 12 hours and I ended up fully meriting a whole job and had leftover merits.

(inb4: Nice way to advertise your ***.)

If I see a shout I'll be sure to join. Still got SAM & PLD to go 80 and a ***ton of merits to do. I BLM Abyssea waaaaaaaayyyy too much for my merits <.<
 Fenrir.Mtmoogle
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Bogamoga
By Fenrir.Mtmoogle 2010-08-17 16:19:40  
Didn't SE put up info on how these lights stack and don't "break"?? People like him make me /facepalm :/
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-17 16:23:57  
Oh Samusaron... He's one of the worst players I've had the misfortune of playing with. He's really elitist too which doesn't help his case, I've had a few run in's with him and he's always mocked my bard gear because I didn't have relic hands (!!!!!!) and because I didn't use a string earring (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 16:24:36  
Yes they did. It was even posted on FFXI wiki and ***. A friend of mine said they abyssea'd with them too & they were HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE.. but afk'd after 30mins and someone else led the pt.

I'm surprised he's actually rocking the UK flag too, his typing is terrible, I thought for sure it'd be his second language.

No offense to anyone else's English, of course ;p
 Gilgamesh.Thedreamer
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Thedreamer 2010-08-17 16:25:45  
Yesterday i was in an ally where i was main tank, mages REFUSED to protect me (7 years i play and never saw this Oo) and main whm was skillin Kclub when i was spammin call on chat...

2days before i was in ally for 1 hour when half the ally was CONSTANTLY afk...leaved after half a wipe...

Abyssea begin to piss me seriously, peoples doin only ***and more ***sayin "it doesnt matter"...
and when u think it need around 2hours for get rly interestin xp...i'm rdy to go back to birds for some hours assap !
[+]
 Fenrir.Schutz
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Schutz
By Fenrir.Schutz 2010-08-17 16:26:31  
Sorry, just as a tiny FYI, Scragg hard-coded the forum entry field to only accept a max of 5 spoiler tags. :p That's why the last one won't "hide" properly.
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 16:31:50  
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:
Yesterday i was in an ally where i was main tank, mages REFUSED to protect me (7 years i play and never saw this Oo) and main whm was skillin Kclub when i was spammin call on chat...

2days before i was in ally for 1 hour when half the ally was CONSTANTLY afk...leaved after half a wipe...

Abyssea begin to piss me seriously, peoples doin only ***and more ***sayin "it doesnt matter"...
and when u think it need around 2hours for get rly interestin xp...i'm rdy to go back to birds for some hours assap !

I see this mostly with BLMs. I BLM a lot in abyssea.. And very often, once the 30 azure lights are done, I'll see them all standing around with full mp afk. I've politely asked them (when myself and some friends were leading) if they'd say when they're going afk, as I wouldn't want to acuse them of leaching. To which I've had replies twice now "I cant nuke if im not going for kill shot" ????? If you're BLM in Abyssea and trying not to killshot.. Small nukes, stun, hell cure 3 if you must. I know melee do it too as you see them stood in the middle of the field, however I guess some are peeking in chests <.<
[+]
 Carbuncle.Ronson
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: ronson
By Carbuncle.Ronson 2010-08-17 18:03:12  
Carbuncle.Virtuosus said:

i think your post had the same effect as his LS message had >.^
[+]

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
[+]
 Shiva.Brosnan
user: Brosnan
By Shiva.Brosnan 2010-08-17 18:19:16  
Gilgamesh.Thedreamer said:

I'm with ya pal i have been timed out of my last 2 runs for people not listening, going afk and not knowing whats going on.
[+]
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-17 18:28:21  
Basically Samusaron is a horrible player, don't play with him if you're on Shiva.
 Bahamut.Zorander
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Zor
By Bahamut.Zorander 2010-08-17 18:33:58  
Things not to do while in Abyssea?

My ls hates it when I fall asleep.

then the next day I hate it because I don't have any time.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-17 18:46:33  
I just realised you ran with Eonflux and lol'd a little more.
 Shiva.Superdan
By Shiva.Superdan 2010-08-17 21:18:11  
Shiva.Flionheart said:

He was also Lv61blm.
 Shiva.Flionheart
By Shiva.Flionheart 2010-08-17 21:21:05  
Shiva.Superdan said:
Shiva.Flionheart said:

He was also Lv61blm.

Oh god...

People really weren't lying when they called Shiva a kinda 'lol server'

I wonder if all servers are the same :/
 Ragnarok.Cerelyn
サーバ: Ragnarok
By Ragnarok.Cerelyn 2010-08-18 06:44:07  
Tbh not surprised that the ppl you played with didnt know what they doing. They didnt know ***when i played on shiva and probably know much years later.
 Sylph.Ixe
サーバ: Sylph
user: Ixe
By Sylph.Ixe 2010-08-18 06:54:11  
Wooooooooooooow
That guy is just stupid and mean >.>
[+]
 Cerberus.Kalyna
サーバ: Cerberus
By Cerberus.Kalyna 2010-08-18 06:54:33  
Didn't you know that OP?! LIGHTS BREAK!

/sarcasm

also I didn't really read all of the convo but i've been in a great abyssea grp where the leader said "non WS kills, idc if mage or melee" and ended up getting our first TE within 20 minutes, capping both lights within 45-50 minutes and getting something like 150+ minutes by the time i had to go (;-;)

Bahamut.Ceviilla
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Ceviilla
By Bahamut.Ceviilla 2010-08-18 07:33:33  

First Page 2