New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXIAH.com » Bugs » Merit Point Bug
Merit Point Bug
 Garuda.Littledarc
サーバ: Garuda
Game: FFXI
By Garuda.Littledarc 2009-01-15 23:33:58  
Please be aware that this can happen to you!

i had ~9,600 limit points and 2 merit points. i went to do a few streetsweeper 3 [sandoria s] campaign ops to get my merit. so i get ~500 limit points past my merit and go inside my mog house to spend my 3 merits only i dont have 3 merits! i have 2! WTF! so i call GM#1 and this moron has the balls to tell me you cant even get limit points in campaign ops. wow, idiot. anyways, as i am explaining what happened to him he blows me off and tells me he has other calls to deal with and end the conversation.

GM#2 tells me to run a file check and then call another GM if the merit isn't there.

GM#3 files a bug report with the development team for me (and says i should also do so in the comment and suggestion section) and profusely apologizes for basically losing 10K of exp and for the first crappy GM.
 Titan.Rebekah
サーバ: Titan
user: Rebekah
By Titan.Rebekah 2009-02-04 15:13:55  
you should put down his/her name and report him to special Forces and tell them he was rude to you, explain what happend and tell them the time/day/place you were at. Maybe they can fire the GM or talk to him so s/he never does that again. or if you want to talk to someone just call a GM and ask for a SR GM for that matter.

Hope things work out for you.
 Siren.Murdock
サーバ: Siren
user: Murdock
By Siren.Murdock 2009-02-04 15:39:50  
this is why i stick to pts for merits, and do campaign and ops for buffer.
 Valefor.Marianka
サーバ: Valefor
user: Marianka
By Valefor.Marianka 2009-02-12 01:27:49  
Was it [GM]Dave?
 Shiva.Artemicion
サーバ: Shiva
user:
By Shiva.Artemicion 2009-02-12 01:42:23
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Thanks for the warning, i'll be sure to only apply ops only to buffers from now on.
 Ragnarok.Psyence
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Psyence
By Ragnarok.Psyence 2009-02-12 02:19:47  
Murdock said:
this is why i stick to pts for merits, and do campaign and ops for buffer.

"This is why" ? you're basicaly insulting the poster by saying he's dumb to have used an ingame feature to get merit points and that he should have expected the ingame glitch to happen. Has this happened to you before so you can rightfully say to him "this is why"? This sounds like a trolling comment, and I can assure you it's not fun when you write about something that frustrated you and someone comes up and answers "yeah this is why I would never make the same mistake because I know better already"

If you weren't doing it on purpose, sorry for calling you a troll.
 Odin.Genja
サーバ: Odin
user: Genja
By Odin.Genja 2009-02-12 05:00:47  
Psyence said:

If you weren't doing it on purpose, sorry for calling you a troll.

i bet he killed himself before he read that...
pls don´t attack ppl just because you have a bad day.
 Cerberus.Saiya
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Saiya
By Cerberus.Saiya 2009-02-12 08:21:23  
Orz, it's more like a different way of giving a suggestion. Depends on how you interpret it (and how angry the interpreter is it seems =p)