Dagger Upgrade? Do I Need It?

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » dagger upgrade? do i need it?
dagger upgrade? do i need it?
 Bismarck.Danz
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: danz
By Bismarck.Danz 2010-07-23 00:40:25  
ok. my *BSing soloing/farming* job is THF... i usaly do campagn on it when im board or when it comes time to wanting to make some gilz or try soloing something for a challange its usaly THF i use. however. after getting it to 79 (almost 80 :D) i realize... my daggers are in need of a saveare upgrade....

i had a azoth, the damage was suppioror to what i have now. but need the gil to help me get BB and is needed to fund MNK more.. after all. whats the point in a job to earn money if your not gonna have no income flow if you spend it on that job XD. there are the trial weapons. i might go after the occ. atk twice or the occ. atk 2-3 being im already almost there... sorta... im at the griffin stage. but for main hand i realy don't want to go for the triangle of doom... too much work for a dagger with just dmg40. THF isnt exactly ALL about DMG. its not strait up DD. having some DEX would help solo a lot for those sneak attack -> weapon-skill openers.

my current setup is main fane basard (DMG+4 subtle blow+6 triple attack +1%) and offhand (now that /DNC finaly gets dual wield... (i need to inprove this badly) sadly is just a hornet needle... i want a surrocco but good luck finding that pain in the a%* NM... any suggestions for cheap none life consumeing upgrade from that setup?
 Sylph.Darkcloudx
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Darkcloudx 2010-07-23 00:48:22  
Dual Wield Kila, Dmg 38, delay 190, Personally, I'm going one STR and one DEX, it will give me 6 str, 6 dex, 12 acc and 16 atk for the pair. They aren't too hard to upgrade, and they are free.

Sirocco used to be THF rite of passage, at this stage in the game, don't worry about it.
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-07-23 01:14:44  
Auric/Fusetto with an eye towards replacing the Fusetto with a STR or DEX (probably STR given the uses you listed) dagger would be a moderately easy upgrade. Auric Dagger bypasses the Magian trials entirely and Fusetto isn't too horrible to make.

Don't underestimate the value of STR and attack for THF.