users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Dancing Edge Macro/ Item Swap suggestions
Dancing Edge Macro/ Item Swap suggestions
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
Game: FFXI
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-07-17 14:47:32  
Was wonding if someone could suggest a good macro for use with dancing edge. I am using azoth/blau dolch, walahra turban, chiv. chain, evasion earring and minuet earring, dragon harness, war gloves, victory and garrulous rings, amemet +1, headlong belt, akinji pants, and dragon feet +1.

I realize my rings and earrings pretty much suck along with the rest of my gear. I pretty much focus on ranger and ninja, but want to maximize what I do with theif. I am kinda a part time player, don't have any of the expansions, so I'm pretty much going to be stuck with what is available on AH. Would like to work on finishing rajas ring one day but that is still ways away.

thanks in advance.
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-17 16:29:23  
For Dancing Edge, you want to focus on Accuracy as well as DEX/atk, and to a lesser extent, CHR(almost non-existant extent)

If i had to put something together based on AH Gear only... For DE i'd go with (In no particular order)

Head: Optical hat/ Empress Hairpin/ Aurore Beret
Neck: Chiv/Spike/Pcc
Ears: Uh... Spike/Merman?
Body: Dragon Harness(Better for Damage), Antares Harness(Better for Accuracy), Aurore(Decent for both)
Hands: AF? I haven't looked...
Rings: DEX+4/5/6 Rings, Acc+/5/7rings If needed
Back: Amemet+1/Foragers/NiftyMantle
waist: Warwolf Belt!
Legs: Dragon, Tumbler Trunks, Aurore(Accuracy heavy), Oily Trousers
Feet: Dragon, Aurore.

Since most of my WS gear is R/ex i'm probably forgetting a lot, You want to balance your Accuracy, DEX, and Attack as best as you can, STR can't hurt but point for point if you're stacking with SA DEX will win.

Again, incase it was lost, Balance DEX/ACC/ATK, STR helps, but don't prioritize it.
 Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Carste
By Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud 2010-07-17 16:49:21  
I didn't even think of Warwolf belt. Sounds like I need that and to upgrade my earrings/rings as well. Okay this helps alot Karbuncle. Huge thanks!
 Odin.Venomous
サーバ: Odin
By Odin.Venomous 2010-07-17 16:59:09  
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
I didn't even think of Warwolf belt. Sounds like I need that and to upgrade my earrings/rings as well. Okay this helps alot Karbuncle. Huge thanks!
For my belt slot I personally use:
Virtuoso Belt Rare Ex
[Waist] All Races
Accuracy+12 Attack+4
LV 54 All Jobs
 Asura.Karbuncle
サーバ: Asura
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-17 17:03:12  
Odin.Venomous said:
Quetzalcoatl.Buckeyespud said:
For my belt slot I personally use:
Virtuoso Belt Rare Ex
[Waist] All Races
Accuracy+12 Attack+4
LV 54 All Jobs

Thats a belt i forget, he did mention he's limited to AH Items however (only reason i bothered mentioning Ohat is cause i assumed he had one from Ranger =()

That belt is very useful if you're in dire need of accuracy for Dancing Edge, which may happen when fighting endgame enemies and you have 0 merits.

Also helpful on IT++ mobs like you would fight in Abyssea exp/cruor parties if your accuracy is still lacking after eating Pizza =3