フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Corsair » Are you rolling blind? ;D
Are you rolling blind? ;D
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
サーバ: Pandemonium
Game: FFXI
user: Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2010-07-12 01:35:26  
Diabolos.Gira said:

To answer your question, with the bonus the answer is potato + 15.
Gigamesh.Mytoy said:
9 on Hunter's Roll with the bonus breaks the pattern of +15, and is actually 16 higher than without the bonus-since I know you're going to double-check on wiki and pretend you knew.

I lol'd
[+]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2010-07-12 01:38:15  
EDIT: Wrong post
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
サーバ: Diabolos
user: Cameryn
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-12 01:42:55  
Huh, musta made a typo in my graph or simply over looked that, thanks.

Why would I pretend I knew that? I mean sure anyone can claim they made a typo, 15 and 16 so close /shrug.

The fun part here though is I still prove my point lol.

You've been arguing over my memorization, I had that memorized. Only problem was I never picked up on the pattern break so I had the roll with the bonus as 32 on my graph.

Math is perfect, people are flawed, and some people are jackasses ;P but since you did actually help me improve my graph I won't hold it against you.

This was fun, we should do more!

Edit: I never said I did it better; now you're just being childishly defensive over benign commentary, but at least that's amusing to watch lol.
[+]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2010-07-12 01:47:08  
Diabolos.Gira said:
Huh, musta made a typo in my graph or simply over looked that, thanks.

Why would I pretend I knew that? I mean sure anyone can claim they made a typo, 15 and 16 so close /shrug.

The fun part here though is I still prove my point lol.

You've been arguing over my memorization, I had that memorized. Only problem was I never picked up on the pattern break so I had the roll with the bonus as 32 on my graph.

Math is perfect, people are flawed, and some people are jackasses ;P but since you did actually help me improve my graph I won't hold it against you.

This was fun, we should do more!

Edit: I never said I did it better; now you're just being childishly defensive over benign commentary, but at least that's amusing to watch lol.

Yea, because a mathematically conceptual brain who see "Greek letters" in his brain totally makes flaws with "simple" numbers.

Troll.

EDIT: Your superb "memorization" is nothing more than a child's delusion. Why don't you run like Naruto ninja's and shout "TIGER SPIRIT" to run faster while you are at it.
[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-12 01:49:46  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Diabolos.Gira said:
Mkay... icwhatudidthar but I have all the rolls memorized from playing the job as my primary since the ToAU release lol. It's also pretty damn simple even as a casual COR to understand the rules since they all follow similar patterns. The higher the roll the better, the only exceptions are lucky/unlucky (and that shouldn't be too complicated to remember either lol).

I see nothing but an "I'm better than you" attitude.

You must be too full of yourself to see it.
Is it really so much to assume most people pick up on the fact that the higher the roll the better with the exception of lucky and unlucky numbers?

And as far as SAM roll is concerned all you need to know is at which point have you reached your 4-hit and just remember that number especially...

I think this this is superfluous, that's all. If you find it useful, by all means better yourself in any and every way you can.

PS: You started and argument with me simply because I said I didn't like giving up the power of my ACP body for the new Loki's Kaftkan and didn't need the STP for my 4-hit and flamed me in a PM too... so why don't YOU get over YOURSELF, savvy? :P
[+]
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2010-07-12 01:54:10  
FFXIAH needs to implement this sign for people like this. -___-;

[+]
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-12 01:55:24  
Pandemonium.Scrumpet said:

Yea, because a mathematically conceptual brain who see "Greek letters" in his brain totally makes flaws with "simple" numbers.

Troll.

EDIT: Your superb "memorization" is nothing more than a child's delusion. Why don't you run like Naruto ninja's and shout "TIGER SPIRIT" to run faster while you are at it.

When I made the graph I did it hastily, assuming the bonus was static as with other rolls so I didn't take the numbers from wiki; so after writing down the base values I then added the values with the bonus. Woop-dee-doo I assumed SE was logical and that assumption lead me to think I had 1 less accuracy point that I really did on Hunter's Roll 9 when I had the bonus in effect!

Also: what'd I do to you exactly?

Greek letters are common, I'm not saying I calculate the trajectories of in-spiraling black holes while sleep walking.

Anyway, gatta go, peace.
[+]
 Quetzalcoatl.Kireime
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Kireina
By Quetzalcoatl.Kireime 2010-07-12 02:00:19  
If you go through the job with a statistical approach, it may be statistically at your advantage to stay with a certain number than risk, for example, a +1% increase.

It's a good idea, but as you stated, it's just something that's nice to know and you get accustomed to it whist playing the job.

I read statistics then stopped there and just had to post this link: http://www.ffxionline.com/forums/corsair/55032-phantom-roll-knowing-odds-long-math.html.

Sorry if this is irrelevant to the current discussion.
 Pandemonium.Scrumpet
By Pandemonium.Scrumpet 2010-07-12 02:02:37  
@Kireime

Correct, however that is really inconvenient while in a party. Like I said in an earlier post, I usually end up ALT+TAB'ing. . .
[+]
 Fenrir.Tool
サーバ: Fenrir
By Fenrir.Tool 2010-07-12 02:05:05  

Thank you for this Mytoy. I never echoed the full effects per number, and every now and then I'd wonder if I should have risked a double up for added effect or not while fold was available.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-12 05:32:22  
You write "pause #;" in lieu of "/wait #" in the script.
 Diabolos.Gira
By Diabolos.Gira 2010-07-12 10:15:10  
FFXIAH needs to implement this sign for people like this. -___-;

It was very considerate for you to put up a warning against yourself :P. Someone might otherwise assume you're pleasant and easy going and not know you're a busy body who has to get the last word in all the time ^^! Or that you offer nothing either supplementary or constructively criticizing the matter at hand. Disagreeing with the OP doesn't make one a troll, tedious and pointless flaming without due cause does. So you get to be a hypocrite too!

Also... you do realize your post which is meant to dissuade from "feeding the trolls" (which in this case you are accusing me) itself can only have the effect of evoking a response? You're either an egotist or a masochist... or perhaps some other words could accurately describe such behavior; regardless, a logical being would simply stop addressing someone they didn't enjoy speaking with... and feel free to do this, I won't mind if you take my advice. It's amusing if you do and amusing if you don't so whichever you prefer.

@ Mytoy: again I was just throwing in my 2 cents on the matter and unlike certain people I remained civil (aside from one isolated use of the word jackass in a snarky and playful context!). Anyway, I sent my latest response to you in a PM and if your body guard over there will get back into his Tardis and mind his own business I won't have a reason to respond in this thread further if you stick to PMs ~.^.

PS: Bump for others who would benefit from your post.
[+]
By Dinkydoo 2010-07-14 12:05:45  
Holy crap people. if you don't find it useful then move on.... >_________>;
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-14 12:26:51  
Gilgamesh.Mytoy said:
Ragnarok.Flippant said:
You write "pause #;" in lieu of "/wait #" in the script.

Yup :)

I said to use "/wait 1" if you wanted to just add it as a normal macro line and then "/pause 1;" if you added it to the script.

Oh my bad! I just read something about not being sure how to use wait in script from the bottom of that page you linked.
 Diabolos.Yellowbluebus
By Diabolos.Yellowbluebus 2010-07-19 11:34:33  
Thanks for the scripts! These will really help. ^^