users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Glavoid Shells
Glavoid Shells
 Asura.Chefm
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Chefm
By Asura.Chefm 2010-07-02 16:29:32  
I know this is use in the Trial 1093, which upgrades the Kartika to the Twashtar. Idk if its used in any other trials, but i do know there alot of THF's that would love to know where these shells drop. So has any1 had any lucky on drops? Any1 even know where they drop?
 Asura.Tristean
サーバ: Asura
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-02 17:30:44  
I'm like 90% certain they come from abyssea.
By morph1 2010-07-02 18:13:22  
well there isnt much info on how to pop the mob that drops these as of yet but some ppl on bg have dat mined the place they come from is abyssea-tahrongi. also the war g.axe is the other weapon that is final upgrade so happy hunting 50 shells is gonna be a pita to get thanks a lot se !!!!!
 Cerberus.Lumei
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Lumei
By Cerberus.Lumei 2010-07-02 18:17:20  

First thing I thought of when I read this.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-07-02 23:05:59  
It comes from Abyssea-Tahrongi. The following isn't proven yet as no one has reported popping Glavoid yet, but assuming it's like the other zone's quest NMs, you'll need to pop it with key items obtained from other NMs. There are three ???s asking for key items that I'm aware of... One needs a Sandworm Chipped Tooth, which has proven to -not- come from Minhocao, so we can probably assume it comes from Glavoid himself, so we can rule that ??? out. The other two:

At one you will need the key items, veinous hecteyes eyelid, torn bat wing, gory scorpion claw, and mossy adamantoise shell.

-Veinous Hecteyes Eyelid- comes from Olphanim, which is popped with a bloodshot hecteye (from Beholders), a shriveled wing (from NM Halimede, which is popped with HQ Clinoid wing (from Gully Clinoids)), and a shriveled pincer (from NM Vetehinen, which is popped with HQ Limule Pincer (from Gulch Limules)).

-Torn bat wing- comes from Treble Noctules, which is popped with a bloody fang (from Blood Bats) and an exorcised skull (from Cannered Noz, which is popped with a Baleful skull (from Caoineags)).

-Gory Scorpion Claw- comes from Hedetat, which is popped with a venemous scorpion stinger (from Canyon Scorpions) and acidic hummus (from NM Gancanagh, which is popped with alkaline hummus (from Pachypodiums))

-Mossy Adamantoise Shell- comes from Chukwa, who is a roaming NM.

And at the other, you need the key items fat-lined cockatrice skin, sodden sandworm husk, gory luxuriant manticore mane, and sticky gnat wing.

-Fat-lined Cockatrice skin- comes from Alectryon, popped with a chunk of cockatrice tailmeat (from Cluckatrice) and a quivering eft egg (from Abas NM, which is popped with eft egg (from Canyon Efts)).

-Sodden Sandworm Husk- comes from Minhocao, a roaming Sandworm NM.

-Gory Luxuriant Manticore Mane- likely comes from Muscaliet, which is popped with a resilient mane (from Hieracosphinx) and a smooth whisker (from Tefenet NM, which is popped with a shocking whisker (from Jaguarandis)).

-Sticky Gnat Wing- likely comes from Adze, a roaming Gnat NM.

So, either way it sounds ridiculously annoying (the former moreso than the latter, so the former may be the "boss" of Tahrongi--which, with my luck, may be the wyrm NM that I need horns from to finish Parazonium), and consequently makes Chloris, who is presumed to be popped with the Overgrown Mandragora Flower and Chipped Sandworm Tooth key items, even more annoying. Hopefully someone missed a ??? somewhere because the other zone's pops are not this bad (both the Gigas and Peiste NMs require three key items that come from popped NMs that are -not- tiered).

Either way, I'd love to finish up a Twashtar myself, but it'd take me well over a year assuming I force my linkshell to concentrate all their Abyssea time on me week after week, and I don't like to be "one of those sacks." It's just not worth it that way, as we could get so many other drops from "normal" NMs for everyone else in that time. Keep in mind these Empyrean weapons are akin to upgrading a relic/mythic.