users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » New Daggers
New Daggers
 Bismarck.Toabea
サーバ: Bismarck
Game: FFXI
user: Enygma3
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-06-29 13:30:09  
What do you guys think the best daggers in game are now? Top 5, Obviously Mandau #1 but if u were to offhand something what would be your top 5 picks and why :)

Im actually looking at that new dagger thats 42dmg and 172 delay it looks like a possible upgrade further maybe a future relic. Or the occasionally attacks twice dagger with 32 dmg on it, or the 2-3 dagger with 20 on it. Not counting that new one thats gold and no one knows how to obtain it yet :(
 Bismarck.Toabea
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-06-29 13:45:40  
anyone? :)
 Odin.Liela
サーバ: Odin
user: Liela
By Odin.Liela 2010-06-29 13:47:39  
I haven't even looked yet /blush. I managed to get Triple Attack +2 on my fane baselard forever ago, so I've been using that just for the triple attack. Some new tiny daggers of doom would really be sweets though, I'll have to dig through them and see what's there.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-29 13:51:20  
The +16 eva Dakini are pretty nice, doesn't have horrible DPS.
 Bismarck.Toabea
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-06-29 14:21:34  
Was looking at the new trial daggers, i was very intersted in this more than others, but not sure if it would be better than the others.

vs.

vs.

vs.

Bismarck.Toabea
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-06-29 14:23:38  
Those are the options im thinking about for offhand on mandau. Any ideas?
 Bahamut.Xiza
サーバ: Bahamut
user: Xiza
By Bahamut.Xiza 2010-06-29 14:23:52  
Twashtar in the long run looks good perhaps the Daka also to dual wield non TH stuff. For something right away the Fusetto looks good Either Final upgrade has 37 base dmg(and a lot less trials) which is pretty decent until Abyssea runs are more common and we can finish Twashtar and Daka.
 Fenrir.Eneas
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Eneas
By Fenrir.Eneas 2010-06-29 14:26:51  
Twashtar im guessing will have some kind of hidden effect.
also im expecting more trials for empyrean weapons.
please correct me if i am wrong.
 Leviathan.Dubont
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Dubont
By Leviathan.Dubont 2010-06-29 14:49:54  
Bismarck.Toabea said:

I'm guessing you have to have the new add-on for this b/c of the shells...
 Caitsith.Neonracer
サーバ: Caitsith
user: Neonracer
By Caitsith.Neonracer 2010-06-29 14:51:43  
Bismarck.Toabea said:
Was looking at the new trial daggers, i was very intersted in this more than others, but not sure if it would be better than the others.

Just my opinion! sorta low delay... Dmg+13 occ att 2x.. id take that!

Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
user: Antonaki
By Quetzalcoatl.Kouryuu 2010-06-29 14:59:28  
Leviathan.Dubont said:
Bismarck.Toabea said:

I'm guessing you have to have the new add-on for this b/c of the shells...

Im on the shell trial for this.. not expecting it to be finished any time soon though... if it takes a full ally to kill these mobs then.. yeah.. not gona happen.
 Bismarck.Toabea
By Bismarck.Toabea 2010-06-29 15:12:58  
yea or at least they are buyable so i can do some of the fights and buy rest of if i need to finish fast.
 Ragnarok.Flippant
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Enceladus
By Ragnarok.Flippant 2010-06-29 15:31:01  
Buyable how so, or at least which? The Glavoid Shells for Twashtar are ex, but the Chukwa's Eggs and Cueu-something's Horns for Parazonium (the good one) are not.
 Asura.Bonlack
サーバ: Asura
user: Bonlack
By Asura.Bonlack 2010-06-29 15:47:48  
I'd say the the one thats m.kris with 33dmg is pretty damn nice for a offhand. Even if SA/TA isnt up thats still a lot of Ws'ng. Twashtar looks great tho with the dmg delay ratio so hard to pick.
 Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-06-29 23:15:57  
Yeah I must be a super nerd, but I'm currently "working on this" question myself. There are three ways we can choose,

Eyeballing
Pros: *If your intuitions are good, you can judge fairly well, *Quick & easy; Cons: No guarantee of accuracy
Parsing
Pros: *Accurate, *Uses real circumstances; Cons: *Hard to repeat with the same control variables multiple times
Math
Pros: *Accurate, *Can control variables easily; Cons: *Mimicks real circumstances rather than represents them accurately, *The models that FFXI 'mathologists' use are oftentimes more primitive than people realize

I'm starting to think the best way is to use both math & parse to get an accurate picture of how things perform under several circumstances. But in the end only the player knows what kind of activities they do in game, whether or not those circumstances are anything like what they actually do (for example, most melee DD comparisons have been based on buffed colibri merit parties. How often do you merit and is meriting anything like the other things you do in game?). So in the end using some amount of intuition is good.

That aside, I'm doing some math on several Mandau combinations right now. It's time consuming though, but I figure if spending hours figuring it out saves me from doing a Magian Trial I otherwise would've done, I guess it's win-win.
Up till now to compare weapon combos, etc, we've used the "ws cycle" as kind of the way to gauge the combo. IE, how long does it take you to go from WS'ing back to ~100TP? How much melee DMG do you do in that time? How much dmg does the WS do? Any dmg produced from other sources in this time (sa/ta, jump, etc)? Divide Dmg/cycle by time->100, and you get your DPS. Compare two weapon combos and the one that's higher wins.
Sounds good and all but I'm doing it a little different this time. So for the next level, I think it'd be a good idea to include assumptions about fight vs in-between-fight time as well as JA recast timers to further mimick real circumstances. Will see how that goes.

If I had to guess, I would say that it'd generally go something like,

Twashtar ~> Auric Dagger(5%DW) > Parazonium OAT > Thunder Kila > Fire Kila > Parazonium 2-3x > Blau ~= X's

Just basing that on intuition alone, could be very well wrong. If Auric Dagger is any more than 5% DW though it'd be better than Twashtar, and any less and it'd be kinda meh. I want Parazonium to be better though, and hope it somehow is :X. I just like attacking fast.
 Phoenix.Juggalo
サーバ: Phoenix
user: Juggalo
By Phoenix.Juggalo 2010-07-12 00:00:47  
I see the price of Blau has dropped significantly... I bought mine for 2.4M and now they're well under 1M...

I usually rock a Blau/Sirocco Kukri combo, unless I need TH and then it's a Thief's Knife in the offhand in place of the Sirocco Kukri...

However, I've just finished Trial 32 and am working on Trial 33 now with a goal of completing Trial 1109 for the Kila.

My question is, at which point(/trial) does the resulting rewarded Dagger become a suitable replacement for either of the two Daggers (Blau/Sirocco)? I wasn't sure on
- Blau/Sirocco still
- Blau/Kila
- Kila/Sirocco (leaning towards this atm)
- Earlier Trial reward (32? 33? 1108?)/Sirocco

What are your thought on this? When, if ever, does the Blau (or Sirocco) become replaceable in the current path I'm on?

Thanks! :)
[+]
 Asura.Karbuncle
user: Karbuncle
By Asura.Karbuncle 2010-07-15 15:33:14  
Speed aside(For Sirocco) the DPS on a Kila(DEX)/Kila(???) alone blows any of the previous non-relic ones clean out of the water.

That being said if you can get 2 Kilas, DEX, STR, AGI, w/e, they'd probably be the best combo atm, outside of, of course, the Occ.Atk.Twice Occ.2-3.times daggers.

Now if your time restrictions allow you to go for one of the Double Attack weapons, Kila/Parazonium is probably one of the better set ups atm.

Again, ignoring Relic/Mythic/Empyreon combos for the time being.

I'm after the DEX-Kila and offhand the (lamer) Parazonium since i don't see myself killing any high teir VNMs anytime soon =(
 Leviathan.Shinjisuke
サーバ: Leviathan
user: Shinjiro
By Leviathan.Shinjisuke 2010-07-21 02:41:56  
I use Kila STR+6 Att.+16 and i am 2 Trials away from Kila DEX+6 Acc. +12. Also doing Parazonium.

user: mwingate
By Fenrir.Apyrrhicvictory 2010-07-21 10:15:15  
I got the Auric Dagger(Dual Wield) last night, after some testing, it seems Shamaya was correct in assuming, and the Dagger is 5% Dual wield, coupled with a Suppa, and Mirke body w/ Dual Wield if you have it, its a awesome combination.

Makes a great offhand for me. :)

Asura.Shamaya
user: Shamaya
By Asura.Shamaya 2010-07-21 22:53:38  
I'm so jealous of youuuuu
user: mwingate
By Fenrir.Apyrrhicvictory 2010-07-22 08:58:53  
Asura.Shamaya said:
I'm so jealous of youuuuu

Really easy fight just takes a bit of time, I'm sure you'll get it in the next couple days. dual wielding Gold daggers is kinda funny though.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-07-22 09:03:22  
Def down on is rather useful too.
 Asura.Tristean
user: Tristean
By Asura.Tristean 2010-07-22 16:54:03  
That gold dual wield dagger drops from cuelebre in abyssea tahrongi. Have fun! He hurts!

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.