フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Teal Slops V Mahatma Slops
Teal Slops V Mahatma Slops
First Page 2
 Asura.Serano
サーバ: Asura
Game: FFXI
user: Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-06-26 19:04:07  
Was Just Wondering if Teal Beats Mahatma On Blm. Im No Nerd and Calculate it so im asking you guys~ (lol)

Edit: im Mithra~ Incase u needed to know >.>
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
サーバ: Lakshmi
user: Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-26 19:05:42  
UH...

INT+5 MAB+3 V. INT+8...

I'd need a full nuking set but I'm fairly sure the Teal would win.
[+]
 Asura.Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-06-26 19:07:18  
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
UH... INT 5 MAB 3 V. INT 8... I'd need a full nuking set but I'm fairly sure the Teal would win.
Oh Dony forget MACC+3 (i think they are better tbh but someone is arguing with me so i thought i would ask u guys)
Prove him he's stupid plz , lol
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-26 19:08:39  
Alright, let me pull together a calculation ><
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-26 19:08:55  
On T4 and AM2 no doubt. Closest MAB to int ratio I can get is like 1.5int~ 1MAB on T4. AM2 is like 2.1 to 1 I think.

Exactly how much and comparing on T5 spells I'd have to do some math.

Asura.Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-06-26 19:09:13  
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Alright, let me pull together a calculation ><
Thank you thank you :)
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-26 19:10:25  
If I were to give an actual complete answer here, I'd say you'd want to keep both. Mahatma, though not as good for T4/T5/AMII, will still beat Teal for anything below T4 nukes, as well as Enfeebles and of course Elemental debuffs. And if you have SCH, too, Helix spells are highly modded by INT, so that's another use Mahatma would have.
[+]
 Lakshmi.Glaciont
user: glaciont
By Lakshmi.Glaciont 2010-06-26 19:16:03  
FFXIAH.COM HATH SPOKEN
 Asura.Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-06-26 19:16:56  
Lakshmi.Glaciont said:
FFXIAH.COM HATH SPOKEN
Wut
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-26 19:20:39  
Leviathan.Comickaze said:
As a rule of thumb, for every 2 INT you have, it roughly equals 1 MAB.
No offense but that thumbrule is horrible.

Right now in my current gear and lvl 1 MAB is worth Xint for the following spells. This is without ugg pendant or day/weather btw

Blizz3:1.44
Blizz4: 1.66
freeze2: 2.24
And if I could cast it water V: 2.01.

Note to figure these out I use a modified form of the dmg calc.

xint = (V+Mdint)/(M*MAB*100)
[+]
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-26 19:20:40  
MAB with Mahatma:1.61
INT with Mahatma:125
HQ Staff=1.15
Ebony Pudding INT: 89
Burst II Base: 710

MAB with Teal: 1.64
INT with Teal: 124
HQ staff=1.15
Ebony Pudding INT: 89
Burst II base: 710

([(36) x 2 + 710] x 1.61 x 1.15 x 1.00) x 1.25=1,808 Burst II against Ebony Pudding ~ Mahatma
([(33) x 2 + 710] x 1.64 x 1.15 x 1.00) x 1.25=1,827 Burst II against Ebony Pudding ~ Teal

I didn't round, just took off the decimal between each step(instead of rounding which I think SE does) cause I'm lazy, so your results would probably be a bit different.

For anyone Wondering, the nuking set I used was a Taru BLM75/RDM37 with full int merits to make 84 INT, with HQ staff, Bugard +1, Phtm. Tath, Genie Weskit, Prudence Torque, Novio / Moldy, Omega / Tamas, Prism Cape, Sorc Belt, Mahatma / Teal, Goliard Clogs. Also assumed NO Thunder potency merits.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, I'm not sure if I did it right or not lol.
 Asura.Sabishii
user: Sabishii
By Asura.Sabishii 2010-06-26 19:22:01  
I'm no BLM, but IMO, I'd ditch the mahatma slops and use teal slops to save room at the LEAST, even if it makes your damage like .000001% less. It gives you magic attack bonus, and magic acc+ so you won't be resisted as much. One less piece of gear you have to lug around that's situational. It LOOKS better in stats. Do you want yet another pair of pants to wear?
 Asura.Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-06-26 19:23:03  
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
MAB with Mahatma:1.61 INT with Mahatma:125 HQ Staff=1.15 Ebony Pudding INT: 89 Burst II Base: 710 MAB with Teal: 1.64 INT with Teal: 124 HQ staff=1.15 Ebony Pudding INT: 89 Burst II base: 710 ([(36) x 2 710] x 1.61 x 1.15 x 1.00) x 1.25=1,808 Burst II against Ebony Pudding ~ Mahatma ([(33) x 2 710] x 1.64 x 1.15 x 1.00) x 1.25=1,827 Burst II against Ebony Pudding ~ Teal I didn't round, just took off the decimal cause I'm lazy, so your results would probably be a bit different. For anyone Wondering, the nuking set I used was a Taru BLM75/RDM37 with full int merits to make 84 INT, with HQ staff, Bugard 1, Phtm. Tath, Genie Weskit, Prudence Torque, Novio / Moldy, Omega / Tamas, Prism Cape, Sorc Belt, Mahatma / Teal, Goliard Clogs. Also assumed NO Thunder potency merits. Please correct me if i'm wrong, I'm not sure if I did it right or not lol.
Soooooooooo
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-26 19:24:27  
Teal is a bit better than Mahatma.
 Sylph.Vincentius
サーバ: Sylph
By Sylph.Vincentius 2010-06-26 19:25:49  
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
([(36) x 2 + 710] x 1.61 x 1.15 x 1.00) x 1.25=1,808 Burst II against Ebony Pudding ~ Mahatma
([(33) x 2 + 710] x 1.64 x 1.15 x 1.00) x 1.25=1,827 Burst II against Ebony Pudding ~ Teal

That help you sort through it?
[+]
 Midgardsormr.Frobeus
サーバ: Midgardsormr
user: frobeus
By Midgardsormr.Frobeus 2010-06-26 19:27:37  
Sell mahat while they are still worth something. > Farm Abys to get teal pants > rebuy mahat when they are dirt cheap b/c everyone else decides to sell them after getting teal pants.

TADA. You have both and made a couple gils.
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
サーバ: Bismarck
user: maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-06-26 19:29:10  
@Sabishii

Quote isn't working, that's right you are no blm so you should keep your opinions to yourself. There are plenty of spells that aren't affected by MAB at all and only int, oh and btw person that is no blm so doesn't know what they are talking about int gives magic accuracy and both pieces give pretty much the same amount of accuracy.
 Asura.Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-06-26 19:29:17  
Midgardsormr.Frobeus said:
Sell mahat while they are still worth something. > Farm Abys to get teal pants > rebuy mahat when they are dirt cheap b/c everyone else decides to sell them after getting teal pants. TADA. You have both and made a couple gils.
1.I have Points 2. I kinda Augmented them and got crap so selling is outve it. 3. Might as well get teal since nothing else pleases me. lol
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-26 19:29:18  
I can't believe I read most of that.

You're basically trading 3 INT and -4 Enmity for 3 MAB and 3 MAcc...

How is this decision hard?

Anyway, on the bright side for those that use Tatsu pants for nuking, you can go aug those with something else like cure+ and speed+. And sell your Mahatmas.
[+]
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-26 19:30:12  
But I'm sure something 2-3x better will be out by the time level cap reaches 99.
 Asura.Serano
By Asura.Serano 2010-06-26 19:30:53  
Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury said:
I can't believe I read most of that. You're basically trading 3 INT and -4 Enmity for 3 MAB and 3 MAcc... How is this decision hard? Anyway, on the bright side for those that use Tatsu pants for nuking, you can go aug those with something else like cure and speed . And sell your Mahatmas.
:) ur troll was nice ^^
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-26 19:31:30  
yw.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-26 19:33:08  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
@Sabishii

Quote isn't working, that's right you are no blm so you should keep your opinions to yourself. There are plenty of spells that aren't affected by MAB at all and only int, oh and btw person that is no blm so doesn't know what they are talking about int gives magic accuracy and both pieces give pretty much the same amount of accuracy.

About the only spells blm could actually cast in the elemental magic school of magic are the Elemental Debuffs, and 3 INT won't make or break them unless you're almost broken to the next tier.

Magic Accuracy + the 5 int would do better than 8 straight INT for accuracy in my opinion for Enfeebling spells - especially on a job like BLM that already suffers from lower skill, since MACC is generally regarded to be equal to one skill point. I'm not sure how INT does vs. MACC in terms of acc, but I'm fairly sure that it's less.
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-06-26 19:35:05  
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
@Sabishii

About the only spells blm could actually cast in the elemental magic school of magic are the Elemental Debuffs, and 3 INT won't make or break them unless you're almost broken to the next tier.

Magic Accuracy the 5 int would do better than 8 straight INT for accuracy in my opinion for Enfeebling spells - especially on a job like BLM that already suffers from lower skill, since MACC is generally regarded to be equal to one skill point. I'm not sure how INT does vs. MACC in terms of acc, but I'm fairly sure that it's less.

No one point = .5 macc there has been plenty of testing on it check wiki thank you very much.

The point is you should have both anyway. They are needed as a stoneskin peice the mahatmas, as well as for poisen, ele debuffs etc. If you wanna gimp yourself to save one go slot go for it but dont tell me to.
[+]
 Fenrir.Nightfyre
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Nightfyre
By Fenrir.Nightfyre 2010-06-26 19:35:53  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
No one point = .5 macc there has been plenty of testing on it check wiki thank you very much.
Take the trolling elsewhere please.
 Lakshmi.Greggles
By Lakshmi.Greggles 2010-06-26 19:35:59  
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Lakshmi.Greggles said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
@Sabishii

Magic Accuracy the 5 int would do better than 8 straight INT for accuracy in my opinion for Enfeebling spells - especially on a job like BLM that already suffers from lower skill, since MACC is generally regarded to be equal to one skill point. I'm not sure how INT does vs. MACC in terms of acc, but I'm fairly sure that it's less.

So, 8 INT = 4 MACC while 5 INT+3 MACC=5.5 MACC? Yeah, teal is better.
 Fenrir.Vazerus
サーバ: Fenrir
user: Vazerus
By Fenrir.Vazerus 2010-06-26 19:36:26  
I find it amusing that the day I look to make a MND set for my BLU is the day Mahatma Slops took a southern turn in price on Fenrir ^^. I think I snagged them right after the update :D.

I'd like to thank the blms selling them to get teal :3
[+]
 Bismarck.Maxse
By Bismarck.Maxse 2010-06-26 19:37:05  
Fenrir.Nightfyre said:
Bismarck.Maxse said:
Take the trolling elsewhere please.

Why dont you check wiki nightfyre above 50% accuracy 1 macc = .5 magic accuracy. Or can you not read?

Edit: wait wait i read it backwards nvm
[+]
First Page 2