Afterglow Controller (PS3)

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » Everything Else » Arcade » Afterglow Controller (PS3)
Afterglow Controller (PS3)
 Titan.Lillica
サーバ: Titan
Game: FFXI
user: Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-25 23:46:39  
Couple weeks ago I bought one of those Afterglow controllers (the ones with the blinky light in the box) at Wally World so that my room mate would stop crying about how he can't play Borderlands on PS3 with the Six Axis controllers. I decided to plug it into the PC and see what happens and it worked with FFXI right away. It picked up the same control inputs I have for my Logitech.

I would not recommend this controller though for a few reasons. The buttons are very small and close together. The whole controller is oddly shaped and small, it kind of reminds me of the controllers for the Gamecube. The lights and rumble don't work (I haven't tried and special configurations to make them work) unless you have the lights on constant mode.

I'll keep it around in case I have a controller blowout (Logitech... bound to happen) but not going to use it otherwise. Just thought I'd post in case anyone else was looking at these and wondering if they would be PC compatible since the box does not indicate that it is at all. They come in 3 colors too, green, red, and blue lights.
 Unicorn.Ninetales
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Azulmagia
By Unicorn.Ninetales 2010-06-25 23:48:01  
I don't know anything about PS3, but... did they really come out with a controller called "Afterglow"? >.>;;
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-25 23:49:41  
It is a 3rd party controller. They have them for xbox 360 and wii as well I believe.
 Valefor.Slipispsycho
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Slipispsycho 2010-06-25 23:53:20  
Afterglow has been around since at least PS2, but it's not made by Sony..

I never like buying off-brand controllers.. I've owned nearly every system since NES, and the off-brand controllers are VERY rarely even up to par with the OEM ones, much less better.

They usually are no where near as durable (which is why most of the sub-par ones get that title, otherwise they'd be decent) and in some cases they just completely screw it all up with buttons too close together, joysticks too small/short/big/long/etc, change the button layout to a layout that is just HELP I AM TRAPPED IN 2006 PLEASE SEND A TIME MACHINE, list goes on.

The only times I do buy off-brand is when I don't plan on the 2nd controller getting a whole lot of use.. Like if I don't really have that many 2 player games or no one really ever comes over and plays, etc.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-26 00:03:20  
The Xbox360 version doesn't work for PC, I wonder why the PS3 one does.
 Ramuh.Darkjoker
サーバ: Ramuh
user: Darkjoker
By Ramuh.Darkjoker 2010-06-26 00:15:21  
Oddly enough, I bought the same controller (green) for the exact same reason as OP; so my friend could play Borderlands. And about a month after I bought it; it crapped out. Stopped working completely; PS3 says its unrecognized when i plug it in. Not worth it...
 Titan.Lillica
By Titan.Lillica 2010-06-26 00:18:59  
Weird, I got the green one too! that sucks to hear that its probably going to die on me. For 25 bucks a pop they could make something worthwhile, instead of putting a blinky light in all the boxes to grab attention... though it worked on me ><
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [827 days between previous and next post]
By Fyyvoaa 2012-09-30 07:47:59  
Holy crap, old thread D: (figured just bump this instead of making a new one!)

So I got one of these as a gift since my old PS3 controller ... er... died :/ (it broke, got a big *** crack on it :x) so I decided to plug this in and for a change it actually worked on my PS3, will this be recognized in most games that recognize a controller or do I have to set it up in a third party program first?