フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Black Mage » Limbus + BLM Solo + What? >.>
Limbus + BLM Solo + What? >.>
 Sylph.Hitetsu
サーバ: Sylph
Game: FFXI
user: Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-02 17:19:00  
Long story short,

I've never done limbus. My LS lowman it a lot for some quick and easy farming, but it's always when I'm zz or at work. I want to play around in it now, but no-one's answering me when I ask what zone's easiest >.>

So.. What zone is easiest? How well would a BLM be able to solo with respectable gear, capped skills, and 0 enfeeb merits? How likely am I to die a million deaths? >.> And.. is it omgfun?!
 Bismarck.Nours
サーバ: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-01-02 17:51:01
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

NW Apollyon is BLM heaven, though I'm not sure if you can pull win without gaiters and maxed gear/merits.

Duo it's definitly possible.

NE Apollyon is doable, but even harder than NW.

There are some others, but doubt they are even close from soloable Proto-chip-wise.

http://kanican.livejournal.com/tag/limbus!
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-02 18:32:04  
I'm mostly looking to find a cheaper alternative to buying ABC's. I figure if I can solo 5-10 ABC's every few days, it'll save me money buying them XD
 Bismarck.Nours
サーバ: Bismarck
user:
By Bismarck.Nours 2009-01-02 21:19:00
 Delete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

If you're looking for ABCs, then Apollyon NW will do.

Can get like 40-50(been a veryyyyyy long time since I done this, not sure on number.) coins.
 Garuda.Noitti
サーバ: Garuda
user: tokidoki
By Garuda.Noitti 2009-01-02 21:32:19  
my friend vitali and i duo'd NW Apollyon last week. him sch and me blm~ we got 24 coins (which we split) and *** up on the boss :[ i dont remember how we *** up the boss, but tower itself was easy being duo'd. :p
 Pandemonium.Celebrindor
サーバ: Pandemonium
By Pandemonium.Celebrindor 2009-01-06 15:01:11  
I would not suggest it without serious merits. Here's an example (oh, and the link to kanican's LJ is a GREAT resource):

My merits/gear:

7 elemental
7 enfeebling
3 ice potency
3 thunder potency
1 burst II
1 freeze II
1 MP
(the only relevant BLM merits worth mentioning)

key gear pieces:

enfeebling set:
-Icqira(sp) tiara
-AF coat
-enf. torque
-icqira lappas
-HQ dark/ice/wind staves

dark magic gear:
Sorcerer's Gloves
Dark Torque
AF1 legs

nuking gear:
Sorcerer's Petasos
NQ weskit
moldy
sorc. ring (with associated proccing gear)
z.mitts
elem. torque
mahatma slops (signed, I KNOW that gives an extra tic of INT ^^)
prism cape (working on the sig for this one haha)
Sorcerer's Tonban
Ice/Thunder/Dark Obis
HQ dark/ice/earth/thunder/wind staves

I consider myself pretty well equipped and merited, with obvious room for improvement, but nonetheles solid- not great, just solid.

I did NW Apollyon- the HP of the first floor mobs (Ghosts) is a bugger for a solo BLM- about 8k HP. Plus, as they are ghosts your ice based nukes are not going to jack. Oh, and drain/aspir are a joke on these. This means a LOT of time if you don't catch the "right" mob to open the next floor. After that, it gets easier in my opinion, but still would be VERY difficult without merits.

I got 6 coins on my second attempt solo (first attempt was without Sorc. Ring, and I only managed 4 kills due to slower kill speed and a death/weakened time, no coins), and while that is much better than the going rate for ABCs, don't be fooled into thinking you'll yield as many coins as a duo, trio, or a full party. In my opinion, 2 BLMs, a BRD and a THF would tear that zone to shreds and get TH on mob drops to boot. THF could ranged pull to apply TH, BRD handle sleeps/ballads to make things go faster/safer, and THF could even WS the mobs with SA for a decent spike damage. Hell, have 'em go THF/SAM mwahaha :D
 Sylph.Hitetsu
By Sylph.Hitetsu 2009-01-06 15:11:58  
I noticed the first floor was a pain. I spent all my time there because of gay ghosts, short lasting sleeps and non-existant binds ._.

BLM meritwise I have:

5 Ice
5 Thunder
1 Freeze
1 Burst
3 Elemental
0 Enfeebling
1 MP

Enfeebling:
Igqira Tiara
AF coat
Iqira Lappa
Aquilo's Staff

Nuking:
Wizard's Petasos
Elemental Torque
Moldy
Phantom Earring
NQ Weskit
Z Mitts
2x Diamond Ring
RSE2 Feet
Jet Seraweels
Forest Rope
Rainbow Cape
Aquilo's Staff, Jupiter's Staff, other 6 NQ

Working on getting Sorc Ring (Not a big priority item for me atm though), working on (although very very lazily) getting Obi's, along with Pluto's and Auster's Staffs.

I tried to convince a RDM friend to come along, but he was too scared and wanted another 1-2 people >.>
[+]
 Ragnarok.Jowah
Premium
サーバ: Ragnarok
user: Jowah
By Ragnarok.Jowah 2009-01-09 09:09:30  
I duo Limbus NW quite often. And randomly temenos tower as well.

Solo is a matter of luck on teleports. Because if you activate teleport on last mobs at first floors, then you cant clear.
Duoing can be way easier, but completing all floors+farming coins almost 100% depends on 2 person skills.

If possible should be able to kill Fafnir and Final Behemot. If you have time Pluto is really reALLy fast to kill, just mind that it has huge chances to resist your sleeps. Byt binds and gravity will be enough.

I hate solo, because of the high risk %.

Seeing whats been posted above, I want to suggest to prioritize merits on Elemental and Enfeebling, THEN potencies and even AM2. A failed sleep/bind/grav can kill you and make you waste time, a resisted nuke basically makes you waste mp.

Please please please don't use AM2. Rather wait recast and then nuke tier4 again. Really, it's a wasted of mp.
And please throw in trash your Af1 hats and jet seraweels, doesnt matter if you are race that lacks on mp. Nowadays Jet are same price of mahatma legs, and NQ Demon helm is equal to af1+1 hat and it's only 10kish worth.

I suggest/use those sets (im at work so i might have missed something)

Enfeebling (macc DOES help)

-Igqira tiara
-Igqira lappa
-oracle gloves
-af1+1 body
-enfeebling torque
-altruistic cape
-omega ring
-balhran ring
-goliard clogs
-loq. earring

Nuking
-demons +1
-elemental torque (if you have, prudence is better.)
-bugard strap +1
-phantom tathlum
-moldy + novio (morion or phantom +1 if you dont have novio)
-weskit (if you have, morri)
-morri hands (if you dont have, zenith/windy cobra hands/goliard are good also)
-tamas and sorc, (snowx 2 if you dont have both, snow+omega if you have low ele magic merits)
-Ixion cape (or gleeman's cape, if cant get any of them, Prism cape is ok)
-Sorcerer's belt (p.rope is ok)
-mahatma hpl (morri if you have, or nothing really)
-goliard clogs (or cobra or yigit)

I have other 93487438953 sets but i wont listen, basically those are the ones mostly used. But remember to build up a decent drk+ skill set, get a fast cast/haste stuff for stuns (such useful spell!) and, if you have, some converting gear to activate your sorc. AND A STONESKIN MACRO!! Get a stone gorget if you can!
[+]
 Asura.Korpg
サーバ: Asura
user: Korpg
By Asura.Korpg 2009-01-09 17:47:36  
My friend and I duo'd as double BLMs, got Pluto, Faffy, and Behemoth down before our time was up, got 13 coins each, and he got his MNK item too.

Faffy was the biggest problem, cause we unfortunally got to him on earthday.

Otherwise, it was easy and fun, plus profitable for the both of us
necroskull Necro Bump Detected! [538 days between previous and next post]
 Carbuncle.Aliceisback
サーバ: Carbuncle
By Carbuncle.Aliceisback 2010-07-01 12:50:53  
Could always take a RDM with you to help with refresh and enfeebles can dou the zone pretty easy if you know what your doing best of luck
 Odin.Blazza
サーバ: Odin
user: Blazza
By Odin.Blazza 2010-07-01 12:52:41  
Now that, my friend, is an impressive necro bump.