フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Bard » lazy Bard
lazy Bard
 Fenrir.Wynnia
サーバ: Fenrir
Game: FFXI
user: Wynnia
By Fenrir.Wynnia 2010-06-29 08:08:33  
Fenrir.Eneas said:
In my server there is a Bard that refuse to pull (sub nin) and will accept party just if his friend gets invited too.
I am a 75 bard and the biggest asset of having a bard in a party (and most fun)for me is the bard puller.
This is concerning the levelling process. i do have Ither subs levelled for other situations.

I am not the perfect bard i know but that attitude for me is a bit demanding considering that a bard can afford to refuse any level sync.

What you all bard think about it?

Here's the real kicker, would his friend have pulled? And what's the big deal about refusing to sync? I do it all the time and still find time to get parties.
 Gilgamesh.Ittoryu
サーバ: Gilgamesh
By Gilgamesh.Ittoryu 2010-06-29 09:16:16  
i just started leveling brd, i don't mind pulling. But i haven't started chain pulling yet, i don't think I'm gonna like that.
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-29 10:53:19  
i actually enjoy pulling on brd, but i need to have good dds too. That's not because i want good exp (well of course i want lol), but because i would be very much bored otherwise...

To escape boredom i have also tried dding brd sometimes. And it worked very well for that lol. Nothing like being busy. It's a shame the mechanics on the job make it disappointingly ineffective, compared to say cor.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-29 11:06:07  
Fenrir.Wynnia said:
Fenrir.Eneas said:
In my server there is a Bard that refuse to pull (sub nin) and will accept party just if his friend gets invited too.
I am a 75 bard and the biggest asset of having a bard in a party (and most fun)for me is the bard puller.
This is concerning the levelling process. i do have Ither subs levelled for other situations.

I am not the perfect bard i know but that attitude for me is a bit demanding considering that a bard can afford to refuse any level sync.

What you all bard think about it?

Here's the real kicker, would his friend have pulled? And what's the big deal about refusing to sync? I do it all the time and still find time to get parties.

I dont sync on brd either, except for friends. And sometimes I've helped friends to lv/merit by putting them in my seacom while lfp as well. Nothing wrong with that.

Only reasonable complain in your post is that he is subbing nin when not pulling.
 Asura.Dawnsohma
サーバ: Asura
user: dawnsohma
By Asura.Dawnsohma 2010-06-29 11:14:18  
some people really just don't like pulling on brd if you don't want to have two brd party don't invite them it as simple aa that don't harass people to come to your party who don't want to do the job you want. i like to pull on brd personally but i wont lvl sync for anyone but ls members and that's if i feel like it.
 Carbuncle.Zanno
サーバ: Carbuncle
user: zanno
By Carbuncle.Zanno 2010-06-29 11:19:55  
I dont like pulling on brd either really.

well sometimes idm it so much, but when DD's are taking turns to go afk and whatnot while I'm working my *** off so they can get as much exp as possible in the least amount of time, and wont even voke off me but force me to stick around the DD's long enough for them to get hate off me by hitting the mob.

Those are the days I say "never again".

On the other hand, those rare occasions when I have a 2 BRD pt and I'm /whm and not pulling. I usually curse myself out for not telling the other BRD to go /whm so I could pull.
 Asura.Alymorel
user: Alimorel
By Asura.Alymorel 2010-06-29 11:37:59  
Asura.Stubbs said:
as I clearly specify in my seacom that I am not interested in pulling that day.
Ifrit.Jurai said:
So imo if I was seeking and had it in my comment that I didn't want to pull...

And there, my friends, is the difference. If you don't want to pull, that's fine by me, put it in your seacom. (Yes, there are people out there who do still read them. Hell, I've read them for fun.) I'm just saying...
 Cerberus.Avn
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Avn68
By Cerberus.Avn 2010-06-29 20:23:18  
Ifrit.Cright said:
The bard that can pull 30k hour needs to be paid^^
lol Pay up son!

I'm probably late on this post but to be honest, I though the concept of lazy bard was "BRD/WHM" Usually in our ls we usually say "Who wants to come lazy cor or brd to xp etc...
I can honestly say I pulled from LV10-80 now lol and to top it off I pulled BRD/WHM till LV74 :)~
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-29 20:39:49  
I just read that he had 36whm sub and then when I got to the shuriken ninja guy I just stopped reading. *** this thread and ffxi players in general.
[+]
 Unicorn.Moldtech
サーバ: Unicorn
user: Moldtech
By Unicorn.Moldtech 2010-06-29 20:44:12  
Gilgamesh.Samuraiking said:
I just read that he had 36whm sub and then when I got to the shuriken ninja guy I just stopped reading. *** this thread and ffxi players in general.

Says the guy posting in a FFXI players forum :3
 Remora.Kindle
サーバ: Remora
user: Kindle
By Remora.Kindle 2010-06-29 20:47:07  
FFXIah.com Forums are full of dumb shits....
[+]
 Gilgamesh.Samuraiking
By Gilgamesh.Samuraiking 2010-06-29 20:47:30  
Unicorn.Moldtech said:

Before you ask now, yes, that includes you too.
 Cerberus.Avn
サーバ: Cerberus
user: Avn68
By Cerberus.Avn 2010-06-30 11:17:59  
Unicorn.Moldtech said:
Before you ask now, yes, that includes you too.

lol
 Asura.Iillith
user: Lillith
By Asura.Iillith 2010-06-30 11:59:06  
I will pull but not for a ***party, I'm not elitist I don't even like pulling for a group of relic holders but I will if they can hold up there end of the bargain. I will pull til my flutes break but not for shitty exp I don't see any part of merit as fun so I like to maximize on effectiveness and get it out of the way.
[+]
 Bismarck.Naeo
サーバ: Bismarck
user: Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-06-30 14:48:21  
I think the fact that i play Shuriken Ninja made the little man above cry because it's not "standard"
Though let me ask him this (assuming he does whatever 90% of people do, and read a thread after they've "left")

It's my gil, if i'm playing NIN with shuriken, still tanking, who the *** are you to say it's wrong. I keep hate, and that's all that matters. I think you need a bottle, a nap, and to learn that XI's a game. If two paths meet the same result, what the *** does it matter. My way's more fun for me (albiet expensive)

OnTopic: I'll be more inclined to pull when i have a song delay - gearset again. Pulling w/o Yigit or Manteel kinda sucks, not enough time to cast my songs and keep good chains going. (I've tried it several times, i can't keep the chain going long enough for the 30k+ though it could very well just be i suck at pulling.

-goes back to living in his farming area-
 Asura.Iillith
By Asura.Iillith 2010-07-02 05:01:49  
Don't think that was aimed at me, I'm not against anything new or fun but if you do shitty damage there isn't really a way around that and you are not the only one paying to play the game. I'm not saying your nin sucks because I don't have the slightest clue and I've seen some pretty neat stuff with sange just that I won't pull for shittastic parties.
 Ramuh.Kalyna
サーバ: Ramuh
By Ramuh.Kalyna 2010-07-02 06:33:42  
Fenrir.Eneas said:
In my server there is a Bard that refuse to pull (sub nin) and will accept party just if his friend gets invited too. I am a 75 bard and the biggest asset of having a bard in a party (and most fun)for me is the bard puller. This is concerning the levelling process. i do have Ither subs levelled for other situations. I am not the perfect bard i know but that attitude for me is a bit demanding considering that a bard can afford to refuse any level sync. What you all bard think about it?
Then don't invite him or boot him/her?

You have to realize you =/= everyone else. There are people who just don't like to pull (like how i just don't like to tank or take hits) but they like jobs that involve pulling like BRD, COR, DNC, THF, RNG and so on.

It's just a god damn game, you don't like it, boot him or and don't ever invite him when he's on brd and let some other person pick him up. If he's the only BRD then you're ***out of luck.
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-07-03 05:51:17  
Asura.Iillith said:
Don't think that was aimed at me, I'm not against anything new or fun but if you do shitty damage there isn't really a way around that and you are not the only one paying to play the game. I'm not saying your nin sucks because I don't have the slightest clue and I've seen some pretty neat stuff with sange just that I won't pull for shittastic parties.

it wasn't. and i agree with your not pulling for shitting parties :) (the NIN comment was to someone else. sorry for the confusion)
 Asura.Iillith
By Asura.Iillith 2010-07-03 07:30:21  
I do like pulling ALOT but not in merits, merit parties have to be my least favorite part of this game.
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
サーバ: Alexander
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2010-07-03 14:32:02  
so a bard is lazy because they don't sj /nin ? i hate every one thinks you need /nin to be a good puller i pulled just fine with /whm. i'd probably lvl sync any where from 60-75 probably. but i don't think that makes me lazy because i don't want to sj /nin.
 Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-03 16:50:52  
Alexander.Abercrombiepat said:
so a bard is lazy because they don't sj /nin ? i hate every one thinks you need /nin to be a good puller i pulled just fine with /whm. i'd probably lvl sync any where from 60-75 probably. but i don't think that makes me lazy because i don't want to sj /nin.

I actually prefer /whm pulling unless I'm pulling mamools or wyverns.

Those *** hit like trains.
[+]
 Bismarck.Chasuro
user: Chasuro
By Bismarck.Chasuro 2010-07-03 16:58:49  
Yeah there are people like that. So don't invite them...

There are white mages and red mages who don't want to heal as well. I personally love pulling. /nin prefered but I don't mind pulling as /whm. Just takes longer to cast SS and blink vs. Ni.

I'd rather know that a brd doesn't want to pull than to invite some jackass who doesn't know who to be a bard.
By Halisstra 2010-07-03 17:00:27  
I don't really have anything to add that hasn't already been said but if a BRD doesn't want to pull, so what? COR, THF, RNG, NIN, DNC, and pretty much any job /NIN can pull just fine. I took THF to 75 pulling and as long as there wasn't tough competition it was a breeze to keep the chains going. Not quite sure how that magically doesn't work anymore but I guess it'd be too much to expect melee to play with skill instead of just spamming ws here and there while they watch tv.
[+]
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2010-07-03 20:38:09  
Bismarck.Rinako said:

I actually prefer /whm pulling unless I'm pulling mamools or wyverns.

Those *** hit like trains.

i hear you , i haven't pulled as a brd in a while cause i haven't pt much in game , but i never had a problem with pulling, i can admit i was lazy in a few lvls only cause i could be haha and it was boring. but i've had some fun pts where i was pulling and we were getting crazy xp , like krt pts.
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-07-04 15:38:20  
Bismarck.Chasuro said:

There are white mages and red mages who don't want to heal as well. I personally love pulling. /nin prefered but I don't mind pulling as /whm. Just takes longer to cast SS and blink vs. Ni.

I'd rather know that a brd doesn't want to pull than to invite some jackass who doesn't know who to be a bard.

you just compared apples to oranges.

a bard refusing to pull =/= a whm refusing to heal.

Bismarck.Rinako
user: Rinako
By Bismarck.Rinako 2010-07-04 15:46:38  
Bismarck.Naeo said:
Bismarck.Chasuro said:

you just compared apples to oranges.

a bard refusing to pull =/= a whm refusing to heal.

Idk what else a WHM would do in the pt besides cast banish or melee...

The RDM healing thing is actually a decent comparison though.

I've also experienced a NIN refusing to tank. "I'm not a tank I'm a DD" This happened a few months ago too.
 Bismarck.Naeo
By Bismarck.Naeo 2010-07-04 17:09:10  
Bismarck.Rinako said:

I've also experienced a NIN refusing to tank. "I'm not a tank I'm a DD" This happened a few months ago too.

unfortunately, NIN never got to shine as a DD like SE intended it too.
So, there's nothing NIN can do aside from tank these days. you can spend a truckload and deal decent damage AND tank. but never just DD unless you're exping with a pld friend.

[+]
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2010-07-05 20:59:42  
no one really answsered this ? why is a brd lazy because they don't sj /nin, will it eventually get to the point that every job is lazy if they don't sj /nin? "sorry we are looking for a rdm/nin or whm/nin" " your lazy whm for not having /nin lvl'd".
[+]
 Alexander.Abercrombiepat
By Alexander.Abercrombiepat 2010-07-05 21:00:55  
Bismarck.Naeo said:
Bismarck.Rinako said:

unfortunately, NIN never got to shine as a DD like SE intended it too.
So, there's nothing NIN can do aside from tank these days. you can spend a truckload and deal decent damage AND tank. but never just DD unless you're exping with a pld friend.

a lil off topic , but i've had a pt where we had a nin and pld static , and it worked pretty good actually. ppl just have it stuck in there mind that nin is only good for being a tank.
 Alexander.Nepharite
user: nepharite
By Alexander.Nepharite 2010-07-05 21:20:49  
a lil off topic , but i've had a pt where we had a nin and pld static , and it worked pretty good actually. ppl just have it stuck in there mind that nin is only good for being a tank.

Because a nin can't do as well as some other DD jobs. Most nins that only want to DD makes me think of someone that is cheap and lazy.