Question About Thf And Trick Attack.

言語: JP EN DE FR
2010-06-21
New Items
users online
フォーラム » FFXI » Jobs » Thief » Question about thf and trick attack.
Question about thf and trick attack.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
サーバ: Leviathan
Game: FFXI
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-06-17 01:03:51  
Quick question about thf that I've been curious about. Since you can split up SA and TA post 60 once you get Assasin, when you're building a set for TAWS, is it better to stack up agility as much as possible, or to gear more towards the WS modifiers? Let's say, for example DE; would using Denali body be better than Dragon Harness, agi rings over dex rings, etc? Or vice versa? Any input is appreciated.
 Siren.Enternius
サーバ: Siren
user: Enternius
By Siren.Enternius 2010-06-17 01:06:25  
Leviathan.Powerslave said:
would using Denali body be better than Dragon Harness
Denali Body has 10 AGI and 9 Attack, Dragon Harness has 6 DEX, 6 AGI, and 10 attack. Either way, Dragon Harness would be better.
Leviathan.Powerslave said:
agi rings over dex rings, etc?
Rajas on one ring and probably AGI on the other.

I'm no THF, just making some observations.
 Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury
サーバ: Quetzalcoatl
By Quetzalcoatl.Princemercury 2010-06-17 01:10:17  
I've never played THF past level 37. From what I've seen, DE is 30% of your DEX to weapon, and during TA every AGI goes to weapon. I'm most likely 100% wrong as well, I'm curious too tho.

Undelete | Edit  | Link | 引用 | 返事

Post deleted by User.
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 01:15:30  
Weapon skills ideally should be done with sneak attack only as most dagger WS mods are dex as well not to mention that stacks on the +dmg with SA as well so it's a win win combo as opposed to sacrificing those mods for AGI with trick attack.

However, for parties that have a thin veil of hate and rely on a main tank, I would replace DEX pieces with AGI only if you can squeeze more AGI into what would normally be DEX.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2010-06-17 01:19:28  
What about /thf? Does AGI affect dmg or enmity? So would it be tter to throw AGI in the mix on say a TA gekko?
 Shiva.Weewoo
サーバ: Shiva
By Shiva.Weewoo 2010-06-17 01:20:36  
SA nor TA has any attribute bonuses when subbed. Only the crit bonus from SA and the hate transfer from TA. That is all.
 Valefor.Neokenesis
サーバ: Valefor
By Valefor.Neokenesis 2010-06-17 01:26:25  
Thanks for the knowledge^^
 Odin.Vecroge
サーバ: Odin
user: Vecroge
By Odin.Vecroge 2010-06-17 01:35:15  
Decent Guide have a read thru
http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Thief_Weapon_Skill_Damage_Guide_by_Malizia
 Remora.Laphine
サーバ: Remora
By Remora.Laphine 2010-06-17 01:36:12  
Well it's situational is the best answer cause it depends on the ws, really. DE is better to go with mods cause it's 5/6 hits and only one of them will be affected by SA/TA. Now mandalic stab, for exemple, is a single hit ws, so its damage will be completely influenced by SA/TA. If you want to maximize damage on TAStab you could go full agi. Each point of agi will increase the base damage by one, which is better than equiping with mods since each point of dex would only increase damage by 1/4 (edit: more 1/2 due ftp~).

To really maximize damage on thf you shouldn't really TAWS though (and thats the play style i opted). Most of our important ws's are dex modded. SA is also dex modded. The best way to really maximize damage is by comboing the 2 then. But anyway, you are still at 73, so TAWS might be necessary tool i guess.
 Leviathan.Powerslave
サーバ: Leviathan
By Leviathan.Powerslave 2010-06-17 01:43:28  
Thanks for all the advice, guys. I soloed almost all the way on thf so far, so I don't TA much, usually only when I get 100% tp before my SA is back up in campaign and I'm with a friend and I want to TAWS. Always see people saying how X equipment is the best for TA and what not and was really curious.
 Ramuh.Dasva
サーバ: Ramuh
user: dasva
By Ramuh.Dasva 2010-06-17 01:51:54  
AF+1 gloves increase the effects of agi on TA by 15% btw.

Also completely depends on the ws. Generally speaking though stacking mods/str/att/acc would all be better with dancing edge.

Single hit ws or even 2 hit ws though agi will come alot closer. Though how much so will be dependent alot on how large the mods are and ftp of course.

Also in situations where you can just get alot more agi then other stuff or other stuff easily.

A good way to go about comparing is to just do the math though you have to make some assumptions on how much more weight critting will make that first hit.

For the first hit it will be: (( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP + AGI)*pdif

For subsequent hits it will be: ( D + fSTR + WSC) * fTP * PDIF.

Something to note that most people forget is fstr and wsc mods are added to weapon base dmg before ftp is multiplied while the agi mod for TA is applied after. So even on single hit ws agi as much better as people normally think

Another way of looking at it is you would do about the same amount of dmg from just doing a solo TA melee hit and a solo ws if that ws critted on its first hit